Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    On day 3 of my 800 mhz adventure. All is checking out ok. Very smooth and very little noticeable heat increase. Have noticed the device getting warm when streaming heavy data or video, but that has always been an issue with the Pre.
    Cannot emphasize enough the increase in speed. This thing is now FAST, FAST, FAST! The only app I regularly use that just doesn't pop open immediately is Twee, but I'm fairly sure that's an app issue, not the device.
    The only negative issue I've experienced is that the device, on 2 occasions, has just turned off and restarted for no apparent reason. Temperature was good and was only using one app in both instances. This is NOT a deal breaker by any means. Could have very well been an app or hardware issue. I only even mention it, as it's never happened before.
    All in all, I highly recommend this script. It's like getting a new device. As I stated in an earlier post, I was quite ready to walk away from the Pre and go the way of an Android device, ie the EVO4G or the Nexus One. After seeing the Pre running this fast and smooth, I'm definitely sticking around to see just "how deep the rabbit hole goes".
    Big thanks to caj2008 and everyone else who contributed to this project.
    THE PRE IS FUN AGAIN!
    The Saint
  2. #2  
    the random restart is a 1.4 Thing
  3. #3  
    lets make sure that every one thhat is running this patch sens 15-20 dollars to the developers
  4. #4  
    I had the random restart without a single patch. Just stock 1.4 Pre.
  5. #5  
    i've been using my pre on 800 MHz and the battery life seems good until i actually make calls.

    making calls seem to totally drain my battery, does anyone else feel this way too?
  6. #6  
    Maybe we should of just kept this in the day two thread and just kept on extending it.
  7. #7  
    yep I had the random restart twice without the patches
  8. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #8  
    random restart is 1.4, yep, had that without the patch. what I DID have with the 800 MHz patch was that the Pre doesn't wake up often (4 to 6 times a day).
    Trying the 720 patch now
  9. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #9  
    Had an interesting chain of events today..

    I woke up and unplugged my phone then went back to sleep for an hour. When I got back up my battery was down to 72% and completely sluggish, much slower than w/o the 800.

    The only thing I could think of is that I ran RepairUtility the night before and forgot to take it out of DevMode. I know that shouldn't be an issue but I have always noticed that when in DM my phone is kinda buggy and goes in/out of holding a phone connection.

    At 4:30am Preset Reset went off. Why that would conflict with DM being on I don't know but when I went to shut DM off, which took like ten times tapping on reset, it said it was off but connected with QI. I let it reset and then it said it was on but would not connect to QI. Complete reverse for some reason and still buggy.

    Preware keep saying that PackageManagerService was not installed and would not load as well.

    I then turned off DM (which was really on) and un/reinstalled PMS and PW. Still same results.

    What else could I do? I just decided to uninstall the 800kernal, ran RU again and now everything is back to normal but at slow stock speed. Funny how after only a couple days of using the 800 that stock speed is noticeably different when you back step.

    Soooo, I hope this was just a DevMode thing and not the 800 going screwy on me. I am going to reinstall it despite my experience and regardless if Plam does not recommend it.

    Anyone else have any related DevMode being on too long issues? Or was running RU with the 800 the issue?
    Any insight is appreciated.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Had an interesting chain of events today..

    I woke up and unplugged my phone then went back to sleep for an hour. When I got back up my battery was down to 72% and completely sluggish, much slower than w/o the 800.

    The only thing I could think of is that I ran RepairUtility the night before and forgot to take it out of DevMode. I know that shouldn't be an issue but I have always noticed that when in DM my phone is kinda buggy and goes in/out of holding a phone connection.

    At 4:30am Preset Reset went off. Why that would conflict with DM being on I don't know but when I went to shut DM off, which took like ten times tapping on reset, it said it was off but connected with QI. I let it reset and then it said it was on but would not connect to QI. Complete reverse for some reason and still buggy.

    Preware keep saying that PackageManagerService was not installed and would not load as well.

    I then turned off DM (which was really on) and un/reinstalled PMS and PW. Still same results.

    What else could I do? I just decided to uninstall the 800kernal, ran RU again and now everything is back to normal but at slow stock speed. Funny how after only a couple days of using the 800 that stock speed is noticeably different when you back step.

    Soooo, I hope this was just a DevMode thing and not the 800 going screwy on me. I am going to reinstall it despite my experience and regardless if Plam does not recommend it.

    Anyone else have any related DevMode being on too long issues? Or was running RU with the 800 the issue?
    Any insight is appreciated.. .
    I have had the same sort of behavior twice; I don't think it has anything to do with DM, which I leave on all the time. Both times I have solved it by reinstalling the 800 patch, without bothering to uninstall the previous version. IN both cases I had run the repair utility before it happened. I will wait and see if it continues to occur.
    Laissez Faire
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    random restart is 1.4, yep, had that without the patch. what I DID have with the 800 MHz patch was that the Pre doesn't wake up often (4 to 6 times a day).
    Trying the 720 patch now
    random restart is 1.4 most likly and an uninstall of the kernel and run webos repair utility should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Had an interesting chain of events today..

    I woke up and unplugged my phone then went back to sleep for an hour. When I got back up my battery was down to 72% and completely sluggish, much slower than w/o the 800.

    The only thing I could think of is that I ran RepairUtility the night before and forgot to take it out of DevMode. I know that shouldn't be an issue but I have always noticed that when in DM my phone is kinda buggy and goes in/out of holding a phone connection.

    At 4:30am Preset Reset went off. Why that would conflict with DM being on I don't know but when I went to shut DM off, which took like ten times tapping on reset, it said it was off but connected with QI. I let it reset and then it said it was on but would not connect to QI. Complete reverse for some reason and still buggy.

    Preware keep saying that PackageManagerService was not installed and would not load as well.

    I then turned off DM (which was really on) and un/reinstalled PMS and PW. Still same results.

    What else could I do? I just decided to uninstall the 800kernal, ran RU again and now everything is back to normal but at slow stock speed. Funny how after only a couple days of using the 800 that stock speed is noticeably different when you back step.

    Soooo, I hope this was just a DevMode thing and not the 800 going screwy on me. I am going to reinstall it despite my experience and regardless if Plam does not recommend it.

    Anyone else have any related DevMode being on too long issues? Or was running RU with the 800 the issue?
    Any insight is appreciated.. .
    it has nothing to do with dev mode and I gave you an answer / reply in this same post in the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have had the same sort of behavior twice; I don't think it has anything to do with DM, which I leave on all the time. Both times I have solved it by reinstalling the 800 patch, without bothering to uninstall the previous version. IN both cases I had run the repair utility before it happened. I will wait and see if it continues to occur.
    uninstall the 800 kernel before repair utility even though repair utility does not touch these files its just alot safer in my honest opinion.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #12  
    just switching to the 720mhz kernel seems to have cured the no-wakeup-issue
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    just switching to the 720mhz kernel seems to have cured the no-wakeup-issue
    no wake up issue is a 1.4 thang and may start again. If it does uninstall kernel and run the repair utility and then reinstall the kernel and see how that works for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #14  
    I just downloaded the 800 mhz patch last night and I had one wake up problem and a random reset. I love the patch and won't ditch it unless I have more problems, it's just too good to get rid of. I would like to add I never had the problem before so I don't think it's a 1.4 thing.
  15. billfold's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #15  
    Day three of the patch, and my Pre is running like a dream. It only get to about 45 degrees when on the touchstone for extended amounts of time, and I am talking using the BT connection, and running either my music or Dr Podder. Other than that it stays below 37 all of the time. No freezes or new issues that didn't occur when I upgraded to 1.4.
  16. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #16  
    moved to separate thread.
  17. #17  
    Day 3 800mhz - 45c and then 50c reported

    This was an attempt to FORCE the phone to reach these temps and report back here the findings.

    Installed the Temperature patch today. I then used the palm (direct) A/C charger, set the phone on my couch "microfiber" armrest and watched ESPN news. I also have the 1350mah battery and invisishield with touchstone back. Pre was closed, 37% brightness and running wifi. .

    So I wanted to see what the temp would go up to and what it would do.
    In short order, about 4 mins, the temp was at 45 and the temp monitor patch went off (high temp) at 5 mins. I checked this with the menu temp and the battery monitor app. All read the same. Around the 10 min. mark the phone hit 50c and I got the critical temp warning. Checked the others and the same temp was reported.

    The phone was still working perfect but at this point I unplugged the phone, shut down all apps, opened the slider and flipped Pre over with back cover now off. In 30 seconds it dropped down to 48c, in 2 mins it was down to 41c and 10 mins 37c.


    Learned that the phone should be more open and not tucked in a "blanky" while charging and running...lol

    Did I say I LOVE this at 800mhz!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/29/2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  18. #18  
    no wake up and restart is 1.4...i just wanted to confirm it being that I'm still running the 500mhz..my sms notification does not work, I can't just read a portion of my text at the bottom anymore not until I click on it..but I will be installing 800 soon as it hits preware
  19. #19  
    I have been having a random issue everyday since installing the 800mhz patch. i dont want to say it had anything to do with the patch. I just think that if you have a buggy 1.4 like i seem to have you should wait to install the patch. it seems to magnify everything. it will run ok for a while. i will put it on the touchstone everynight and preset reset goes off at 3am. when i woke up each morning there was something new wrong. yesterday woke up and my email was blank. never happened before. ran an epr and repair and everything went back to being great. then this morning i took it off the touchstone, email acted up for a second but then showed up but something that has never happened before happened. My messaging stoped responding. it would glow and then just get stuck. then i was having all kinds of data issues with it not connecting. i am going to wait until the 1.4.1 comes out and then clock back up. it kills me but a major problem every day does too. heres to hoping the update is out this week.
  20. #20  
    I have had no spikes in temperature but I did notice a bigger drain on my battery life. I am wondering if it the battery checker running in the background.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions