1.    #1  
    I am a newbie wrt the Palm Pre Plus(Verizon). I think it is safe to say that I have searched this forum and the web in general to find answers to the following questions but have not found anything satisfactory. Hence this post to see if I can get any help here.

1) Ringer Style - I used to have the Palm Treo 700P till I replaced it with this Palm Pre Plus. One of the ringer choices on it that I loved and used regularly was the Vibrate THEN Ring. Is there an equivalent in the Pre it seems to only have a Vibrate AND Ring. Ideally, when a call comes I'd like the phone to vibrate 2- 3 times then ring with a slowly increasing volume. It makes for better etiquette this way.

2) Email Inbox- Again on my old palm treo when I used the yahoo email I had a keyboard short cut that if I pressed 0 on the key board when I was reading an email I'd go to the inbox. In the PRE I am unable to find a button (on screen or on the keyboard) that will take me to the inbox directly from the email. I seem to have to dismiss the card and then reopen the email application to go to the inbox.

3) Saving Webpage - I am not refering to a "vanilla" book mark here. On the Old Palm Treo (yes I do miss some aspects of it) you were able to save a web page for offline reading. It was useful in several ways e.g. allowed you to read stuff when you were in the subway out of any signal coverage. But for me the most important was to save pages of a timetable for my local commute for quick retrieval (without formulating a new query). Yes there is a free app that when given a webpage address/query will convert the resulting webpage to a PDF file to be read but it does not seem to work for my transit authority's web page. So what I need is a way to save the webpage as a link for offline reading. Can any one help?

Thanks
    see answers below in bold

Quote Originally Posted by psmith View Post
    I am a newbie wrt the Palm Pre Plus(Verizon). I think it is safe to say that I have searched this forum and the web in general to find answers to the following questions but have not found anything satisfactory. Hence this post to see if I can get any help here.

1) Ringer Style - I used to have the Palm Treo 700P till I replaced it with this Palm Pre Plus. One of the ringer choices on it that I loved and used regularly was the Vibrate THEN Ring. Is there an equivalent in the Pre it seems to only have a Vibrate AND Ring. Ideally, when a call comes I'd like the phone to vibrate 2- 3 times then ring with a slowly increasing volume. It makes for better etiquette this way. The only way to do this would be to create a ringtone with no sound for the first 5 seconds or so. havent found another way of doing that

2) Email Inbox- Again on my old palm treo when I used the yahoo email I had a keyboard short cut that if I pressed 0 on the key board when I was reading an email I'd go to the inbox. In the PRE I am unable to find a button (on screen or on the keyboard) that will take me to the inbox directly from the email. I seem to have to dismiss the card and then reopen the email application to go to the inbox. Just do a "back swipe" from the email in the gesture area. that's a half leftward-swipe. This is a standard gesture across the platform

3) Saving Webpage - I am not refering to a "vanilla" book mark here. On the Old Palm Treo (yes I do miss some aspects of it) you were able to save a web page for offline reading. It was useful in several ways e.g. allowed you to read stuff when you were in the subway out of any signal coverage. But for me the most important was to save pages of a timetable for my local commute for quick retrieval (without formulating a new query). Yes there is a free app that when given a webpage address/query will convert the resulting webpage to a PDF file to be read but it does not seem to work for my transit authority's web page. So what I need is a way to save the webpage as a link for offline reading. Can any one help? Basically, you have 2 options: 1. is the PDFmyWEB app that you mentioned. 2. is to do a screencapture of the current screen. This is done by pressing OPTION (the orange/silver key) + SYM + P at the same time. Then, open up the PHOTO app and go to the "screen captures" folder. Unfortunately, this doesnt same the entire website, just what is visible on the screen

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Ringtone "solution" is a bummer (not blaming you at all :-) ). Can't do it for all the ringtones I have plus it is so kludgy a solution my mind repels it :-). The back swipe works hooray!!! and I'll just have to convert the timetable into PDF on my desk top and mail it to myself and save it on my pre. Palm PRE really rocks actually WEB OS totally rocks IMHO. One of the very few products that are almost perfect right out of the box. I wish the rest of the world sees the light and supports Palm in their hour of "need".