Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Mine still lags after the shot is taken. Must be an inherent bug with 1.4. But I also have the video flashlight patch too....Would that be the culprit?
    wait are you talking about the camera shutter or when recording a video?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When I take a picture...
    oh well did you restart the phone after the phone automatically rebooted?
    I didn't get that problem... I can take more pictures faster and smoother... And as for video I can edit faster as well... So I think its your phone buddy...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yea I rebooted...I've been running the 800 patch fine for a day...alls fine except the shutter lag
    I am running the patch and I don't have that problem.
    well yea maybe it's your phone because I'm running the 800 patch. Do you possibly have any patches for your camera installed?
    My phone does the same this. The shutter on my phone has lagged ever since 1.4 upgrade.

I had the 600MHz installed and it lagged
    800MHz....lagged
    No patch.... lagged

I also have the video flash recording patch thing installed. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I kind of doubt it since I haven't had it installed the whole time and it still lagged.

I don't care as long as my phone can still take pictures and record... it's just a sound lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Best bet (iyam) is to redoctor the phone. If you still have the lag, something really is wrong with your phone. If not, problem solved.
    why doctor a phone that webos repair utility may fix with loseing all your text messages and other setting in phone ? Just askin??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    To see if your phone is really lagging, open the camera app, switch it to picture mode and disable the flash. Press and hold the space bar, Pre will start taking pictures every second. If it does not, you have a problem.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    if you still have problem, try another frequency or using the ondemand governor.

see link to do this easily,

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I had the lag with stock speed. After 800mhz patch, it is closed to in sync...

It is a bug introduced in webos 1.4 for sure since there are quite a few people with this lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    Mine still lags after the shot is taken. Must be an inherent bug with 1.4. But I also have the video flashlight patch too....Would that be the culprit?
    In my case the lag is only in the sound, the shutter sound that is. The camera takes the picture as soon as I press the button but the shutter sounds plays about 1 to 1.5 sec later....

Even though it doesn't ruin the picture, the shutter sound lag is still annoying in my opinion..
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    mine has the shutter lag to... Def something with 1.4
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    same observation as NJtroncoso. Shutter is fine, the sound effect is late.
    I had the bug on an oem phone running 1.4 and still have it running 800mhz
    mine has both lagging, sorry.... But we got video now so I rarely use the cam lol
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a 1.4 bug, I noticed it before I redoctored my phone and now it's fine.
    I'm going to confirm that it's a 1.4 thing. It appears that it takes the picture normally, it's just the shutter sound that lags. It started with the 1.4.0 update.

I'm wondering if adding video recording had something to do with it.

Also, I have no overclock patches installed.
    Really, Palm should have let us turn off the shutter sound anyways.