1.    #1  
    So i installed the 800mhz patch, much like everyone here today. However since i never monitored the temp on my phone before, what would be considered too hot?

Also what is a decent temp while on the touchstone? Earlier today i noticed while on the touchstone, my temp was at 32 degrees when i first placed it to charge and it got up to 40 degrees in a matter or 10 mins. I'm not sure if the temp would have continued to rise, but i had gotten to my destination.

However I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the 800mhz patch, or if that's normal temp range for the touchstone (i have noticed it to be quiet warm after taking it off the touchstone in the past way before the 800patch)

Ive been using the battery monitor app to check the temp.

Thanks fellas
    I want to know this as well. With overclocking I would love to know the processor temp.
    Anything greater than 45C is considered too hot.

Your phone should normally run between 25C and 40C, centering around the 30-34 area.

The temp in the battery monitor app is simply the battery's temperature so keep that in mind, the processor could be much more warm. But rule of thumb, if it gets above 40C or feels mildly hot to the touch, put it in airplane mode and give it a breather.
    I've had 45 applications running, listening to Pandora and surfing the net. I was able to get it to 46 and still running......LOL
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking1 View Post
    I've had 45 applications running, listening to Pandora and surfing the net. I was able to get it to 46 and still running......LOL
    lol insanity...I hope you guys are not tryin to see whose the first to fry there pre
    what do I use to monitor temps?
    dude. Don't. The reason caj and them are afraid and so careful with these is so idiots don't fry their pre and flip. Please don't be a moron. PLEASE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    what do I use to monitor temps?
    battery monitor app from preware
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    dude. Don't. The reason caj and them are afraid and so careful with these is so idiots don't fry their pre and flip. Please don't be a moron. PLEASE!
    Come on, we need someone to show us the limit!
    It's a 29 dollar phone...who cares.
    It's a 29 dollar phone...who cares.
    You live up in Alaska right? Probably just using the Pre to keep warm?
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The developers care. They care if you come whining to them that your phone fried and try to blame it on their hard work like an ungrateful schmuck.

If you wouldn't do that, then fine. Go ahead and run 45 apps at a time. In fact, run 45 instances of apps that actively stream even in the background. More power to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Also what is a decent temp while on the touchstone? Earlier today i noticed while on the touchstone, my temp was at 32 degrees when i first placed it to charge and it got up to 40 degrees in a matter or 10 mins. I'm not sure if the temp would have continued to rise, but i had gotten to my destination.

However I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the 800mhz patch, or if that's normal temp range for the touchstone (i have noticed it to be quiet warm after taking it off the touchstone in the past way before the 800patch)
    You're likely to see that sort of temperature difference using the Touchstone...It's something I noticed day 1 of using it without patches or any running apps...It simple generates more heat, but most all charging operations generate some sort of heat.

YMMV, but it's unlikely it will go over 45C, unless you're WiFi tethering or playing 3D games, as caj2008 mentioned...Even if it doesn't fry your phone, it's quite possible it could cause nasty blotches in the LCD screen.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Wait - without overclocking, regular charging on my touchstone was at 41C before I stuck it front of my desk fan (but right after I downloaded battery monitor). It's now down to 36C, but should I worry that it'll fly over 45C charging on the Touchstone at 800 MHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    So i installed the 800mhz patch, much like everyone here today. However since i never monitored the temp on my phone before, what would be considered too hot?

Ive been using the battery monitor app to check the temp.

Thanks fellas
    Just in case you didn't know, Jason has a new Device tempeture warning patch.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-warnings.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    when i was on holiday in south africa the outside temp was 40. I was running mhs and charging from car at same time and also using google maps.
    the phone got so hot that it semi melted the usb cover and it would no longer snap in properly.
    the phone continued to work perfectly though

Gx
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    so anything above 110 F is bad??????