View Poll Results: Are you installing 720mhz patch or the 800mhz patch and why?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • 720mhz

43 21.72%
  • 800mhz

155 78.28%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I installed the 800 patch because IMO, go big or go home....Yeah it might not be the best train of thought when dealing with expensive devices, but I figure, it is a company phone, I have insurance, we give Verizon a ton of business. So if I was to break my device because of a overclock patch, then I hopefully can sweet talk my way into a new device...and I am a contact for the corporate account
    I went with the 800 for the same reason as most here... in for a penny, in for a pound! ha

If you look at the specs for the Pre Processor, it states that it should last 44,000 hours at 720. That's over five years! I think it'll last the 3 months or so I have till I'm eligible for an update at the 800.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I have 720 right now, and will probably bump it to 800 MHz at the next OS upgrade. Main concern was heat and battery life. I don't think it is an issue.
    I went with the 800 MHZ. I figured from what I read on Precentral it seemed to be stable and didn't have a drastic drain on the battery life.
    We beat the Nexus One last week. Now we need to beat the BlackBerry Bold.

Let's show laptopmag that they made the wrong "editor's choice" !!!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123