View Poll Results: Are you installing 720mhz patch or the 800mhz patch and why?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • 720mhz

43 21.72%
  • 800mhz

155 78.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    800MHz.

Because new hardware is right around the corner and I want to get used to the speed (do you hear me, Palm?)!
    Quote Originally Posted by backfire103 View Post
    80 more mhz couldn't possibly put that much more stress on the pre.
    and it doesn't really put much more speed on it either lol. It goes both ways .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    there are test results in the main thread you just have to search through the pages to find them or go to the first page and there are some stars on there.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I got the 800... And no problem yet with the temp problem....
    Because at the rate of new HW releases, matters well enjoy the 800 performance over the 720. I'll be upgrading phones anyhow. Really, who keeps these things more than 1 year anyhow
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
    Because at the rate of new HW releases, matters well enjoy the 800 performance over the 720. I'll be upgrading phones anyhow. Really, who keeps these things more than 1 year anyhow
    Well, I am keeping my next webOS device, baring build quality, for the full 2 yr term. Of course, it has to have a vertical slider, bigger SuperAMOLED screen, faster processor, more RAM, and 802.11N.
    800 is more than 720..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I went with 720 because of battery i think i am going to try the 800 over the weekend. 720 is working great for me no problems but will like to see if the 800 is faster.

Fred
    If i try 800 do i have to remove the 720

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post

Fred
    yes. You most remove the 720 mhz patch first.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post

Fred
    Yes or you'll be clocked at 1520Mhz!
    if switching from 720 to 800, what is the suggested wait time before switching? if any.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    octoberorange is scared of life!
    And blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Do you have anything that shows you any difference in battery life between the two?
    My own personal test between the two. No noticeable speed increase using 800, but I did notice a slight battery difference. So I picked 720.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    if switching from 720 to 800, what is the suggested wait time before switching? if any.
    it was suggested that a 30 min wait was good inbetween unloading and reloading the kernels
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I went for 720, because my phone was already "fast" to me, so I played it safe and now it's worlds faster. Once I get bored I'll try out 800.
    After testing both, I'd say go with the 800 mhz. From the previous 600 mhz to the 720 mhz, there was very little noticeable difference, just a little more smooth. But the difference between 720 mhz and the 800 mhz was drastically different. Much, much faster and very smooth, all but eliminating any lag whatsoever.
    The Saint
    my phone needs to be replaced anyway because I cracked the screen. I figured I'd do as much to it as I can and experiment, before it either breaks or I can just get a new phone. So far everything is great and I am very hard on my phone.
    I'm curious why Palm decided to go with a slower speed...were they just playing it safe? You would think faster speed would be a big selling point.
    i know what you mean trekker that would have been sweet if the pre had a faster processor then someone could have overclocked that one as well lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    not as hard as my son........3D game addict!
    He's got me there
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast