Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2468
  1. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #1961  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

    Is the new 1.4.1.1 Kernel at 600MHz?
    As has been discussed several times... You will always see 600 when using terminus, because terminus itself causes the speed to change to 600 while it is running.
  2. #1962  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    No, this has been answered about 10 times, lol. Check from webOS QI and it will show you 500. Terminus speeds the processor up to 600 just like a 3D game.

    Thanks for the reply and a special thanks for not getting all sanctimonius about the fact that it had been answered already.

    Searching is fine, and I use it, but if one doesn't know exactly what they are looking for, it makes it tough to find the answer sometimes. So people who don't know simply ask people who hopefully will.

    Is there a better command line interface to use on the phone? I cannot connect my phone to my work computer or install WOSQI on it.
  3. #1963  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Although it is nice to make this into an IPK I feel compelled to say that having to do some command line work at installing this raises the bar a little and keeps the people who are too lazy or uninformed from doing this. I bet that more than half of this thread are people who can't spell the filename, want the newest kernal asap, or just can't wrap their head around a command line.
    Developers generally aren't intersted in keeping their work isolated to a few "worthy" individuals. My guess is, they want everyone that can to benefit from their hard work as that means greater exposure for them and potentially greater opportunity and potential reward or recognition for that work.

    The unwashed masses really appreciate them putting the cookies on the lowest possible shelf. We also get a good laugh when our dogs whiz on your lawn!
  4. rboud12's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #1964  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post

    Although it is nice to make this into an IPK I feel compelled to say that having to do some command line work at installing this raises the bar a little and keeps the people who are too lazy or uninformed from doing this. I bet that more than half of this thread are people who can't spell the filename, want the newest kernal asap, or just can't wrap their head around a command line.
    I agree, I think there should be at least a little challenge involved to show you know what you're getting yourself into.
  5. rksand's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #1965  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    ...

    Is there a better command line interface to use on the phone? I cannot connect my phone to my work computer or install WOSQI on it.
    The Terminal app is again working.

    Ron
  6. #1966  
    i installed the 800 mhz patch after update and it is runin smothly
  7. #1967  
    Will this work with 1.4.1.1?
  8. #1968  
    Are you asking if the eventual patch WILL work with 1.4.1.1? as opposed to 1.4.1?

    Please clarify?
  9. #1969  
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    i have 1.4.1.1 and installed the 800mhz patch and now my calendar does not launch. i ran the WebOS Repair Utility and it did not fix it. The calendar icon is blank; in other words, it does not show today's date. I tap on it and it glows for like 6 seconds, then the tap glow goes away and nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
    I have had this problem aswell. Try uninstalling all of your patches. Its a Heart Break yes but that should fix it. Then load them back one at a time untill it happens again.

    Also try Uninstalling 800MHZ.....then try again with no patches installed. Troubleshooting is not as hard as it sounds bud.
  10. circuitjc's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1970  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Developers generally aren't intersted in keeping their work isolated to a few "worthy" individuals. My guess is, they want everyone that can to benefit from their hard work as that means greater exposure for them and potentially greater opportunity and potential reward or recognition for that work.
    I agree and didn't mean to make it out that some are more "worthy" than others. I just would like it better if people would do some research before they come running to get someone else to do their work for them.

    This world is what it is though so I don't expect it to conform to my wishes.

    Oh and where I live your dog on my lawn equals shotgun.
  11. #1971  
    So Caj whats the verdict. Should we proceed with the installation. (FYI I am going to install the new one (if) when it comes out through Linux Command Line). I know you have been asked this atleast a 100 times but I am getting some wierd answers. I saw on one page you said "Do what you like" and on another "You can" and so on. So I would like an answer for those of us who are going to be using the Linux Command Line installation method.

    Are you going to be making a 1.4.1 version for Linux Command Line method? Is what I am asking or can we proceed with the old 1.4 version.

    Sorry for the repeated question but I hope my explanation will suffice.
  12. #1972  
    I've installed the 720MHz patch with 1.4.1.1 on a Sprint Pre. Seems to be working fine. I will monitor the battery usage and report back what I find. So far though, its like a brand new super fast phone.
  13. #1973  
    canŽt wait anymore....iŽll do it.
  14. #1974  
    Quote Originally Posted by F3ZIE View Post
    So Caj whats the verdict. Should we proceed with the installation. (FYI I am going to install the new one (if) when it comes out through Linux Command Line). I know you have been asked this atleast a 100 times but I am getting some wierd answers. I saw on one page you said "Do what you like" and on another "You can" and so on. So I would like an answer for those of us who are going to be using the Linux Command Line installation method.

    Are you going to be making a 1.4.1 version for Linux Command Line method? Is what I am asking or can we proceed with the old 1.4 version.

    Sorry for the repeated question but I hope my explanation will suffice.
    There is currently an IPK in another thread, it's only for 550MHz and 600MHz so far I believe.
    The 720 and 800MHz patches that you install over linux command line are up and running again, they can run on 1.4.1.x since the kernel wasn't effected where these patches go into place.
    So to answer your question, yes you can install the 720MHz and 800MHz.
    Same circumstances apply, take this at your own risk, by that I mean your warranty can become void.

    I know you wanted to hear this from Jeff(Caj2008)
    But he's going to say the same thing just more verbally fancy.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  15. #1975  
    you guys are soooo funny. so many people did it, and you are all still debating , funny and weird at the same time
  16. #1976  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    you guys are soooo funny. so many people did it, and you are all still debating , funny and weird at the same time
    Well some people don't read the whole thread, I know I wouldn't with over 100+ pages.
    So things have to be repeated.
    Which is okay, I like to help people with what I know.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  17. #1977  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Well some people don't read the whole thread, I know I wouldn't with over 100+ pages.
    So things have to be repeated.
    Which is okay, I like to help people with what I know.
    its people like u that make this world a better place to be in.
  18. #1978  
    Well, it has been a day with the 800Mhz Patch with 1.4.1.1.

    There has been only one issue, which had happend before this patch.
    My phone restarted when I was flipping through my launcher pages.

    Other than that, I am stoked about this forum. I have never cared enough to post, but this kind of selfless work has made me want to "do my part".
  19. #1979  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Yes Ruddogg, I got the same thing trying to run from Quick Install. I eventually downloaded terminus and ran on the pre itself .....

    -Keg
    @ UncleKeg, thanks to sq5, just hit enter twice on each line & it works on Quick Install

    Quote Originally Posted by sq5
    If you're doing the commands through webosqi instead of a full linux shell, you might want enter them like this instead...

    To disable updates:

    mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

    mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

    Then reset your phone


    To re-enable updates:

    mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

    chmod +x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

    mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

    and then reset your phone.
  20. #1980  
    caj2008, thanks for the update. I suspected that there was a couple of changes in the kernel. I really miss your kernel patch, but I can wait until you do it right. In the mean time it is back to the LunaSysMgr 600 MHz patch.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions