Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 48 8893949596979899100101102103 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2468
    I want to install the 1.4.0 version so bad, but I'm holding out for the .ipkg - out of respect more than anything else since it seems to work fine for most.
    Quote Originally Posted by oluxarum View Post
    yes my eyes are lying to me. im making it all up. jesus, thats what it says after i enter the install command for the 800MHz patch then after "sh cant open:" it just repeats the command i entered.
    resend file to the correct /var/home/root/ . Then copy and paste to this thread exactly what you are typing into command line so we can see if its correct .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    i have 1.4.1.1 and installed the 800mhz patch and now my calendar does not launch. i ran the WebOS Repair Utility and it did not fix it. The calendar icon is blank; in other words, it does not show today's date. I tap on it and it glows for like 6 seconds, then the tap glow goes away and nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
    you need to scale down to the 720 patch maybe
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt_ttt View Post
    If I talk to my door it can't open either...
    iLOL'd
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I also have the 800 mhz patch installed on 1.4.1.1 and everything still seems to be running fine. No calendar or other issues noticed so far - just a lot of SPEED! Seriously, without the patch my phone just seemed to crawl...
    Quote Originally Posted by oluxarum View Post
    everytime i try something it says cant open.
    I got this message too a couple times until i realised that I was spelling MHz as Mhz instead

After the update to 1.4.1 I just re-installed the 720 patch (using terminus) and everything is working fine for me (including calendar). Being back at 500 felt so slow!
    ahh.. reinstalled the patch, finally. IMO, this phone is unbearable without it. Thanks again
    I'm patiently waiting for my 800mhz patch.....hmm!!!!
    me too cant wait for the ipk of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey2 View Post
    I got this message too a couple times until i realised that I was spelling MHz as Mhz instead
    This is why I use Novaterm instead. It has auto-completion

I wonder whether I can cope with my Pre being at 500 MHz for a whole week (off into holiday! Yeaaah )
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey2 View Post

After the update to 1.4.1 I just re-installed the 720 patch (using terminus) and everything is working fine for me (including calendar). Being back at 500 felt so slow!
    how do you use terminus to download the patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    This is why I use Novaterm instead. It has auto-completion
    I love novacom/precomd. Launch an xterm/konsole, become root, novacom, and wham- you are at a delicious bash prompt on the phone. precomd in WebOS Internals - Gitorious
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by l1fe View Post
    I also have the 800 mhz patch installed on 1.4.1.1 and everything still seems to be running fine. No calendar or other issues noticed so far - just a lot of SPEED! Seriously, without the patch my phone just seemed to crawl...

Same here, i actually left the 800mhz patch installed when i updated to .1 and the update simply removed it on its own. I re-loaded it and its working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    how do you use terminus to download the patches?
    1) These are not patches, they are replacement kernels.
    2) You don't "download" anything with terminus or novacom or precomd. It just gives you a shell prompt.

I simply copied the kernel files to the USB mounted dir, then used novacom/precomd and moved the file from there to root's home dir, then ran the install script. There are, of course, other ways.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm trying to patiently wait for the ipk...man this is soooo slooooow with out my 800MHz!!!
    Okay, I have been following this all as closely as time will allow and am anxious for the new 800MHz ipk like so many others.

I have a question though. I have done a lot of modding my phone using preware and WOSQI but never used any type of overclock patch/kernel. So I was curious what my cpu was clocking at and assumed it would be the 500MHz speed. But when I ran cpuinfo using terminus my BogoMips MHz showed up as 597.## (don't remember the last two digits).

Is the new 1.4.1.1 Kernel at 600MHz?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Putting 720 patch in on 1.4.1.1.. Didn't try the 800, 720 gave me enough of a boost to start with.. Hopefully will run problem free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you need to scale down to the 720 patch maybe
    I agree. I was not able to install the 800 without doctoring my phone. The 720 was able to install however. The 720 is plenty fast btw. If I were you I'd just install that one and be happy with it. I know I was.

...or just wait for the proper version.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Okay, I have been following this all as closely as time will allow and am anxious for the new 800MHz ipk like so many others.

I have a question though. I have done a lot of modding my phone using preware and WOSQI but never used any type of overclock patch/kernel. So I was curious what my cpu was clocking at and assumed it would be the 500MHz speed. But when I ran cpuinfo using terminus my BogoMips MHz showed up as 597.## (don't remember the last two digits).

Is the new 1.4.1.1 Kernel at 600MHz?
    No, this has been answered about 10 times, lol. Check from webOS QI and it will show you 500. Terminus speeds the processor up to 600 just like a 3D game.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have been following this from the beginning and before updating to 1.4.1 had been running the 720MHz kernal with only a few heat related issues while streaming shoutcast for more than 2 hours. I am pretty sure it is because I have it plugged into a mobile charger while doing so which makes it get to the 45C mark. Before the kernal change and the heat warning install I think it used to get to that mark before since the face of the phone would be fairly warm by the end of a 6-8 hour music marathon with no-doze running and the screen on all the time. I no longer use no-doze and allow the screen to stay on which helps a little.

Although it is nice to make this into an IPK I feel compelled to say that having to do some command line work at installing this raises the bar a little and keeps the people who are too lazy or uninformed from doing this. I bet that more than half of this thread are people who can't spell the filename, want the newest kernal asap, or just can't wrap their head around a command line.

Ok, I'll admit, I am a grumpy old man that has been using computers since the days before 1.78MHz and Assembly Language but come on people... Use the forum's search feature. Spend a couple of minutes doing some research before jumping in and asking the same question that has been answered over and over again. It will be done when they have it done. It is not like they are hording it away from you. They are making sure it is safe. If you don't like it then do it yourself. This is open source after all.

I guess this turned into a rant. I now return you to your regularly schedualed asking when the "patch" will be ready...

Thanks to all of the developers for their hard work and support here. You have more patience with people than I obviously.

Now get off my lawn!!!