Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46 86919293949596979899100101 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Yeah it's a real patent application, but doesn't make reference to overclocking that I can see.

United States Patent Application: 0090258607
    Is it just me or does that patent sound like a patent for a 4G device? Because if you think about it a WiMAX enabled phone needs the CDMA radio and the WiMAX radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    @ UncleKeg - When I tried this code, it didn't work... this is what I got,

root@palm-webos-device: cd /usr/binmount -o remount,rw /chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    chmod: UpdateDaemon: No such file or directory
    root@palm-webos-device:

Please advise what I need to do?
    I'm on Verizon, & it doesn't seem like I'm going to get this update for a couple weeks. I've put the 800MHz patch back on, but I want to make sure I have time to take it off once Verizon gets the update. Thanks!
    Yes Ruddogg, I got the same thing trying to run from Quick Install. I eventually downloaded terminus and ran on the pre itself .....

-Keg
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Is it just me or does that patent sound like a patent for a 4G device? Because if you think about it a WiMAX enabled phone needs the CDMA radio and the WiMAX radio.
    I started reading it, and I skimmed it more than not. It's using 2 radios to handle 2 signals. For what? I'm thinking that Palm is changing the game. Allowing voice and data via CDMA. Perhaps adding WiMAX to the spec as well.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    hmmmmm.... now you got me thinkin about that too.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    hmmmmm.... now you got me thinkin about that too.
    I'm leading towards DATA/VOICE simultaneously. WiMAX can be implemented into that spec.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I started reading it, and I skimmed it more than not. It's using 2 radios to handle 2 signals. For what? I'm thinking that Palm is changing the game. Allowing voice and data via CDMA. Perhaps adding WiMAX to the spec as well.
    I started looking at some of the technical diagrams, and it seems to discuss only general Wifi and Bluetooth bands. So maybe I'm jumping the gun on this.

Looking at some of the end notes though

Examples of such data networking links include wireless local area network (WLAN) links, such as IEEE 802.11 WiFi links. Further examples include wireless metropolitan area (WMAN) links, such as IEEE 802.16 WiMAX links, and personal area networks (PAN) links such as Bluetooth links, Ultra-Wideband (UWB)/WiMedia links, and so forth. [0041] Additionally or alternatively, first radio module 102 and second radio module 104 (and/or additional radio modules) may communicate across wireless links provided by one or more cellular systems. Exemplary cellular systems include Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) systems, Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) systems, North American Digital Cellular (NADC) systems, Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) systems, Extended-TDMA (E-TDMA) systems, Digital Advanced Mobile Phone Ser
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Caj when can we expect a newer version of the patched kernel? Unfortunately there are no patch files for updates. Though, you had to get the kernel source somewhere. I'm sure it'd be easy to update imo.
    Really? This question again?? Just let them do their work. It will be ready when it is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Really? This question again?? Just let them do their work. It will be ready when it is ready.
    And when is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    And when is that?
    When is what? When the get it done? They get it done when all the bugs are worked out.

Or you asking about the question being repeated? Go back a few pages, you'll see this question posted about 50 times since the 1.4.1 update.

People need to chill...
    So Iv got some bad news, I just found this on the palm site:

apparently they don't like the over-clocking...
    Last edited by KeeganDoomFire; 04/01/2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: April Fools <3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post

let me guess.... thats the best u can think of for april fools? WOW!!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Great...now I'm going to have that stupid song in my head the rest of the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    let me guess.... thats the best u can think of for april fools? WOW!!!
    Did you want it to go to a **** site? that would be a fast way to a ban.

I was wondering how long until palm releases and official statement on the over clocking saying it will kill out phones so I was looking it up then I just decided to play my one joke of the year.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing

Why when I move the mouse over the link it shows youtube. I did not know Palm owns Youtube.

That would be the first hint.

you have to watch the family guy rickandroll

Rick Astley Rocks

by the way when you roll over the link it tells you where your going and we all know palm doesnt release video clips of things they do or dont support. Cool link though.

I did reinstall the 800 patch and with my phone rebooting and terrible battery drain I uninstalled it. Will wait patiently for the update.
    Last edited by pattavino; 04/01/2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: on topic
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Why when I move the mouse over the link it shows youtube. I did not know Palm owns Youtube.

That would be the first hint.
    Yeah, that tipped me off too. The dude should have used TinyURL or something to mask the youtube link.
    Oh well
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I cant believe I just clicked the link without looking to see where it went!!! I'm such a sucker.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Works for me on 1.4.1.1, and I've been using it since release I can't live without it. Thanks a hell of a lot for this.
    the mediafire files are back up...
    I just reapplied the 800MHz kernel on 1.4.1.1 and all is GOOD!