Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45 8590919293949596979899100 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Yes it does. Even the 720 patch removed ALL lag from the VK. I don't see why everybody can't wait a day or two for the official 1.4.1 version. I've been an alpha tester ever since they released the beta 600 OC for 1.3.5 and I'm living with the stock speed just fine. Have a little patience folks and let Caj and Unix do what they do without interruption.
    Totally agree. I removed the 800Mhz patch and will install WebOS update 1.4.1.1 and then wait a few days for the 800Mhz ipk to come out, to be safe.

Well...as safe as you can be, overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    If you're doing the commands through webosqi instead of a full linux shell, you might want enter them like this instead...

To disable updates:

mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

Then reset your phone

To re-enable updates:

mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

chmod +x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

and then reset your phone.
    AWESOME! Thanks!
    How can I check that it won't update itself?
    Well I have poor listening skills... so I went ahead and added the 800mhz patch. I uninstalled and then updated. Waited...and reinstalled the 800 patch. everything is fine so far. I will repost, if I en dup with a bricked fireball.
    Agreed that people can make their own choices but they'll be turning to the forums for help when their phone starts acting funny due to their impatience. The only advice I think they should get is to doctor their phone and install the version that was made for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    AWESOME! Thanks!
    How can I check that it won't update itself?
    after you run the first three commands, but before you reboot your phone, run this command:

ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon

You should get back one line of output. The first part of the line should look like this (without any X's):

-rw-rw-r--

If so, your auto-update system will be prevented from turning on after you reboot the phone.

#######################################

When you later go to re-enable the auto-updates, you can check your handiwork by running the same command (ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon) after running the first 3 commands, but before rebooting, and the output should start like this (notice the X's are back now):

-rwxrwxr-x

If so, the auto-update system will reload normally after you reboot the phone again.

Btw, you can always run the "ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon" command whenever you want if you somehow don't remember if you last left updates enabled or disabled. If you see the X's, then it is ENABLED, and if you dont see the X's, it is DISABLED.
    Last edited by sq5; 04/01/2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Check out this article about Palm getting into overclocking

Palms Need For Speed Overclocking Patent | webOSroundup
    april fools!
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    after you run the first three commands, but before you reboot your phone, run this command:

ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon

You should get back one line of output. The first part of the line should look like this (without any X's):

-rw-rw-r--

If so, your auto-update system will be prevented from turning on after you reboot the phone.

When you later go to re-enable the auto-updates, you can check your handiwork by running the same command (ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon) after running the first 3 commands, but before rebooting, and the output should start like this (notice the X's are back now):

-rwxrwxr-x

If so, the auto-update system will reload normally after you reboot the phone again.

Btw, you can always run the "ls -la /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon" command whenever you want if you somehow don't remember if you last left updates enabled or disabled. If you see the X's, then it is ENABLED, and if you dont see the X's, it is DISABLED.
    Thanks for the quick response!
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    april fools!
    Yeah it's a real patent application, but doesn't make reference to overclocking that I can see.

United States Patent Application: 0090258607
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    lol.. on the Palm OC'n. I like the patent link too. I guess they didn't say what they where OC'n. Perhaps OC'n the radios would help Need for Speed.
    Check out this article about Palm getting into overclocking

Palms Need For Speed Overclocking Patent | webOSroundup
    Does this mean that your job is on the line then? That your patch may be obsolete come 1.5...? Cause in all honesty it much nicer doing business with you then it is palm....given the recent history of us Canadians getting the short end of the stick it won't look good for us. We will probably get said patch 3 weeks after :P. However I will be more than happy if you can tweak that patch to run even better. Such as a quicker Scaling patch or Higher clock because I doubt they will run the clock speeds as high as +300.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    yea the GPU working in the pre would be nice, it being there and all doin nuttin
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    My phone bricked, nothing worked to fix it.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

April Fools!
    my phone works great with the new ipk method its so easy to install uninstall a caveman could do it !

April fools ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Whether it is a shell script or an ipk, take your time and make it right.
    Keep up the good work guys.
    If Palm does it right...no problem with that (sounds like they are covering more angles).
    I'm still out of town but I will get them to you tomorrow night for sure just please send me another email detailing which clips you want please I deleted the last mail by mistake . Thanks jeff
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Caj2008,
    The ONLY way Palm could do it right is to pay you for your time and awesome work. I too would rather have the updates coming from you as I trust you more than Palm. Shame on Palm! ARG. Is there any way you can stop this? Maybe you can land yourself a high paying job with Palm?
    I updated to 1.4.1, uninstall the 800mhz patch, rebooted, installed the patch again, rebooted and my Pre works fine...for now.
    I left the 720 patch on and updated my phone. I checked the clock speed after the update and it was reset to 498.07. I reinstalled the 720 patch and it is back up to 717.22. 5 hours later, the phone is still working fine with no issues and battery life seems to be nearly unaffected.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    reinstalled the 800 Mhz patch and it works just like before. Tell me why we need to have the IPK version.... I dont get it... is it all just an Aprils fools joke?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Caj when can we expect a newer version of the patched kernel? Unfortunately there are no patch files for updates. Though, you had to get the kernel source somewhere. I'm sure it'd be easy to update imo.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0