Page 94 of 124 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2468
    Well Caj. I wasn't aware this was patch was making that big of a difference. I will wait for the ipk release and if it does what everyone is raving about, I will definitely donate.

This is the best phone OS I have seen and think developers like you and others make all the difference. Thanks for the hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Everyone is an adult here. They can make there own choices.
    seriously folks, leave these guys alone so they can finish the mod for 1.4.1!

they have made it abundantly clear that they are trying to get the update finished ASAP, and they have also posted their recommendations about uninstalling the kernels before the update because they don't know about any potential side effects from the upgrade...

but no one is keeping you from re-installing it if you want-- people obviously have because they were willing to take the risk for the reward of getting to overclock sooner and it sounds like it has been ok for them-- the sample size seems to be very small...

so, take the risk if you want, or just wait patiently! I'm sure they will let us all know as soon as it's ready! if you can't wait, then don't... stop asking the developers for their opinion-- they've made it abundantly clear that this is all "at your own risk"!

ok, rant over
    Ohhh the risk feels so good. 800MHz running quick and smooth on webOS 1.4.1.1 Thank you caj!!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've just donated to show my appreciation for such a useful patch. Muito obrigado todos! Thanks for working so hard on the ipk!
    Taking off the 800MHz patch was painful, I'm suffering but I'm being safe, I'll wait for the IPK file.

800MHz is the real deal and has prevented me from jumping ship, so far...Now we need the real apps (flash, slingplayer, docs to go, VNC)

Thanks again Jeff & Marco!
    Adam
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    same question do we need to resend the file to the pre or just use the install command.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm so impressed with the support for this patch that I am donating again.

Just to clarify, is the .ipk version going to be any different than the .sh patch? I thought I readin another thread that the .sh patch will revert the Kernel back to a buggy 1.4 kernel and we would lose the benefits of the bug fixes in 1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    Taking off the 800MHz patch was painful, I'm suffering but I'm being safe, I'll wait for the IPK file.

800MHz is the real deal and has prevented me from jumping ship, so far...Now we need the real apps (flash, slingplayer, docs to go, VNC)

Thanks again Jeff & Marco!
    Adam
    Does anyone know if the IPK file will be available via Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmc2010 View Post
    same question do we need to resend the file to the pre or just use the install command.
    If you are reinstalling the .sh cpu patch, then you should just be able to re-run the install command. The .sh file should still be there unless you manually deleted it after running the uninstall command.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmc2010 View Post
    The IPK would use the install command via WebOS QI and if it makes it to preware it'll be even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    The IPK would use the install command via WebOS QI and if it makes it to preware it'll be even easier.
    But what about command line? It has been a while, but I think I installed some ipk's from the shell.... is that going to be an option? (Some of us don't use WOSQI). Granted, Preware would be the easiest and safest, but I would much rather just use a shell command than try to get WOSQI working (didn't have a great experience the last time, and Preware made it mostly obsolete for me) especially if this "custom feed" option for Preware is going to take a while to implement...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Caj, can you start a new thread when you release the ipk since this one has gotten extremely long? Btw, you guys did an awesome job thanks so much.
    Great patch, and great support, just donated.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Oh the waiting. Out of respect for caj i am suffering with the slowdown and not putting the patch back on. He seems like he knows what he's doing. Nevertheless, I am shaking like I am in detox...
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I got a leak Palm was going to update so I wanted to prevent mass frakking of phones on day 1, that is why the major reason they were pulled (minimized now).
    Caj - since you got a leak from Palm that this was coming, any idea when it's going to show up for Verizon customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    You know you have written something really good when users would rather not uninstall your code in order to update to new Palm code..... after all how long will it take Caj et al. to rekernel their kernel for 1.4.1??? so Im thinki' of trying this to prevent the update till they/I are good and ready... thoughts? comments? flames?

To prevent the update, you need to have root access to the command line and enter the following commands:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod -x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

Then reset your phone

When you are ready to try the update, and let the phone get it re enable it with:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod +x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

and then reset your phone.
    @ UncleKeg - When I tried this code, it didn't work... this is what I got,

root@palm-webos-device: cd /usr/binmount -o remount,rw /chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    chmod: UpdateDaemon: No such file or directory
    root@palm-webos-device:

Please advise what I need to do?
    I'm on Verizon, & it doesn't seem like I'm going to get this update for a couple weeks. I've put the 800MHz patch back on, but I want to make sure I have time to take it off once Verizon gets the update. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well Caj. I wasn't aware this was patch was making that big of a difference. I will wait for the ipk release and if it does what everyone is raving about, I will definitely donate.
    Yes it does. Even the 720 patch removed ALL lag from the VK. I don't see why everybody can't wait a day or two for the official 1.4.1 version. I've been an alpha tester ever since they released the beta 600 OC for 1.3.5 and I'm living with the stock speed just fine. Have a little patience folks and let Caj and Unix do what they do without interruption.
    Is the 1.4.0 kernel the same as the 1.4.1.1 kernel, or did the 1.4.1.1 update change kernels?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    hotstuff! the 800mhz patch is fast!
    with the 1.4.1.1 installed im getting bogomips @ 796.91!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    @ UncleKeg - When I tried this code, it didn't work... this is what I got,

root@palm-webos-device: cd /usr/binmount -o remount,rw /chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    chmod: UpdateDaemon: No such file or directory
    root@palm-webos-device:

Please advise what I need to do?
    I'm on Verizon, & it doesn't seem like I'm going to get this update for a couple weeks. I've put the 800MHz patch back on, but I want to make sure I have time to take it off once Verizon gets the update. Thanks!
    If you're doing the commands through webosqi instead of a full linux shell, you might want enter them like this instead...

To disable updates:

mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

Then reset your phone

To re-enable updates:

mount -o remount,rw / (press enter twice)

chmod +x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon (press enter twice)

mount -o remount,ro / (press enter twice)

and then reset your phone.