Page 90 of 124 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ecstasy View Post
    Would someone please post a mirror?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't, and I doubt anybody else would. The downloads were taken down for a reason. Using something like this right after a WebOS update that hasn't been verified by the developers is extremely risky.

In other words, you're pretty well on your own.
    I needed to go back to 1.3.5.2 version. Please can somebody give me a compatible script of the 800Mhz overclock? It worked fine on my 1.4 WebOS, but because of not working of 3G connection, I needed to go back to 1.3.5.2.
    caj do you ever sleep?
    lol at the unsafe practice of sleeping
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The ladies don't let him sleep!
    My phone auto-updated while I was sleeping last night and since I didn't know an update was coming I didn't remove the overclock patch. Below is what I received when using WOSQI to remove the patch this morning.

Should I run a doctor just to be safe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Well....so much for the App Catalog going international EVERYWHERE on March 31. Here in Canada, we continue to wait.

I need a speed boost while I wait so I've reinstalled the 800 Mhz mod. Living without it for 24 hours sure makes you appreciate what these guys have done for WebOS!!!! This is truly a "I can't live without it" modification to the Pre. Whatever the cost in battery life and CPU life, the experience is definitely worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewbaccaFreak View Post
    My phone auto-updated while I was sleeping last night and since I didn't know an update was coming I didn't remove the overclock patch. Below is what I received when using WOSQI to remove the patch this morning.

you will most likly need to resend file scipt to your phone then uninstall it is all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I guess the Verizon update is delayed (hopefully to fix keyboard issue) so I'm going to re-install the 800 kernel. Hard to live without it. ha-ha.

That's so weird i'm in the *exact* same situation as you, yet for me the uninstall command worked fine

Do you have a pre plus? I have the sprint pre
    Man, the 800MHz patch is awesome, its the most common re-occuring question over the last 2 days...what to do?update or keep 800MHz!!!Could you imagine back in the days of 1.2.1 that you would prefer NOT to update because of a PATCH!!!I have to say...well done caj2008, palm should hire you...or they already have?!?!?!?!?!?!?!lol
    i completely forgot about my 800 patch and went ahead and did the update. Am I going to be screwed today?
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    i completely forgot about my 800 patch and went ahead and did the update. Am I going to be screwed today?
    If you read the above comments, some people have tried to run the uninstall script and the shell file can't be found. you could try to transfer it back to your pre and uninstall!But generally a visit to the doctor is probable necessary, to play it safe if nothing else!!!
    no need.,

send the file again and install the 800patch

works fine on 1.4.1 (using it myself)
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Whew! In a series of events that goes against my usual luck...

I uninstalled the overclock patch last nite when I got home. I had debated with waiting, but decided to go forward and slow down to stock speed. (and man is it s-l-o-w).

Repaired the usual missing/altered files, and figured I'd be the-last-Pre-on-the-planet updated, probably sometime next month.

On a whim, checked for updates before I went to bed, and lo and behold, 1.41 is halfway downloaded! Now I had to wait to see if everything would go smoothly (if not fast).

In the end, no worries. I'm poking along in the slow lane, patiently awaiting the most important patch of the 50 or so I have to update.

Thanks again to both of you, as well as all the other contributors that have made this what it is.
    That happened to me and one other person above -- he wasn't able to uninstall the 800patch and i was? Either way, try to uninstall it using the command on Page 1 and wait for IPK

Good luck!
    caj naps while his pre reboots!!!
    I'm not an alpha tester, however I do have a few Pre's laying around.

Installed the 800mhz .sh without a hitch, pre's running at a normal temp and at 756 on my CPU info screen.

*disclaimer* I'm not endorsing that people try this before the ipk release, just letting everyone know it is working in the previous format.
    NOOOOOOO!!! Can't live without my 800Mhz precious!! The dirty 1.4.1.1 thieves stole it from us! Sorry about that...sooo we need to uninstall before update correct or does the update reset it back to 500mhz with no additonal patch work.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

isn't it case sensitive or did we get differently named patches? sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1