Page 9 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    what was posted in the instructions exactly.

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install(off the top of my head, if not exact then it's because I am not looking it up)

Just uninstalled the 720, will try to 800 again.
    you don't need the first sh

just type

Code:
    /var/home/root/NAME OF FILE.sh install
    and then reboot
    Last edited by seekis; 03/25/2010 at 08:11 AM.
    just asking because 1 little error in command code or send file code could mess you up . For me if I really wanted the patch I would do a clean erase of the phone and start over . That's just me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhugbear View Post
    I installed this and my pre doesn't ask to charge or go to usb drive. and also when I try to check speed in linux commandline, it says no device detected

How do i fix ?
    unplug phone fromcomputer and reboot the computer and plug phone back into computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    its known that novacom driver shuts down sometimes if you leave phone plugged into computer when you reboot the phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    seekis: please report back with your battery performance results

+or better yet, start a new thread...I would love to hear your rseluts and use your scaling patch if battery performance is drastically increased.

thanks in advance
    I am experiencing 10*C temp increase on touchstone (15mins charge) with the 800 patch (going from 30-40);

But without the patch, charging for the same time, I only see 27-34*C temp change!

Now I know that the temp change is only marginally higher than without the patch, but their is alot more headroom at 34*C...so maybe touchstone be careful?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just asking because 1 little error in command code or send file code could mess you up . For me if I really wanted the patch I would do a clean erase of the phone and start over . That's just me lol
    I just did a clean erase 3 weeks ago, don't feel like another one so soon.

The good news is..............I seem to have the 800 installed, luna is restarting and I will reboot as soon as that is done.

What I did:

-Uninstalled the 720, luna restart, full reboot.
    -Then tried to delete the 720 file, and did delete the 800 directory (not sure how I made it directory, very odd) that was pointed out by the weasel guy a page back.
    -Then I just did the 800 as normal, and got no Error 5 this time, ran the install and it seems to have gone fine.

Reboot is done, working at a full 800MHz baby. Woot. Big thanks to all you guys for helping out. I think the 800MHz directory was probably the problem, but I have no idea.

The 720MHz file doesn't want to delete though, not sure why. Hopefully it's not a big deal, it's not installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I just did a clean erase 3 weeks ago, don't feel like another one so soon.

The good news is..............I seem to have the 800 installed, luna is restarting and I will reboot as soon as that is done.

What I did:

-Uninstalled the 720, luna restart, full reboot.
    -Then tried to delete the 720 file, and did delete the 800 directory (not sure how I made it directory, very odd) that was pointed out by the weasel guy a page back.
    -Then I just did the 800 as normal, and got no Error 5 this time, ran the install and it seems to have gone fine.

Reboot is done, working at a full 800MHz baby. Woot. Big thanks to all you guys for helping out. I think the 800MHz directory was probably the problem, but I have no idea.

The 720MHz file doesn't want to delete though, not sure why. Hopefully it's not a big deal, it's not installed.
    sweet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    At 2:31 (AZ time) this morning which is about 3.5 hours after I installed the 720 patch my phone locked while sitting on the touchstone.

I do not know if anything happened to cause this. Maybe even the touchstone could have gotten it to hot.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ahhh i love this!!! thanks guys!!! works perfectly
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    I am experiencing 10*C temp increase on touchstone (15mins charge) with the 800 patch (going from 30-40);

But without the patch, charging for the same time, I only see 27-34*C temp change!

Now I know that the temp change is only marginally higher than without the patch, but their is alot more headroom at 34*C...so maybe touchstone be careful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    At 2:31 (AZ time) this morning which is about 3.5 hours after I installed the 720 patch my phone locked while sitting on the touchstone.

I do not know if anything happened to cause this. Maybe even the touchstone could have gotten it to hot.

check out my post, I noticed a touchstone problem as well!!

The temp increase is only 3*C more than stock, however, as the cpu is running 2-3*C more than stock, it gets to 40-42*C after 15mins
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I strongly recommend using copy/paste for putting the commands in...unless you are fluent in linux or have a good reason not to.

The only exception I see is that caj2008 needs to change the uninstall instructions for OS 1.4 instead of 1.3.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    check out my post, I noticed a touchstone problem as well!!

The temp increase is only 3*C more than stock, however, as the cpu is running 2-3*C more than stock, it gets to 40-42*C after 15mins

thank you for this information. It makes sense to me that the touchstone will cause it to heat up more do to the way electricity works and specially inductive charging

I'm now at work using a cable to charge. The phone sitting idle is running at 29 Degree's I wonder if we can get the battery monitor to send/save the temps to a file that we can then access (specially for this patch) to see if your thoughts are correct on this. I wonder if any of the Alpha Testers had touchstones.

Edit: Noticed this... Plus understand I'm not using a Palm branded USB cable

I flipped on Dungeon Hunter and it's sitting at the main load screen. I jumped back to battery monitor and the inital Drain per hour started at 31% but in the last 3 mins it's dropped to 23.81% just a fyi
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Awesome awesome awesome

temps on the pre are 22C
    Last edited by macd2002; 03/25/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Very happy to see this is out.
    Very bummed I can't downgrade to stock (from 600)/upgrade to 800 until much later (~12 hrs from now). Hope it goes as smooth as most.

Great community here - thanks again to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    thank you for this information. It makes sense to me that the touchstone will cause it to heat up more do to the way electricity works and specially inductive charging

I'm now at work using a cable to charge. The phone sitting idle is running at 29 Degree's I wonder if we can get the battery monitor to send/save the temps to a file that we can then access (specially for this patch) to see if your thoughts are correct on this. I wonder if any of the Alpha Testers had touchstones.

Edit: Noticed this... Plus understand I'm not using a Palm branded USB cable

I flipped on Dungeon Hunter and it's sitting at the main load screen. I jumped back to battery monitor and the inital Drain per hour started at 31% but in the last 3 mins it's dropped to 23.81% just a fyi
    Nice, I'm also using a 3rd party dock to charge my pre, on idle temp is at a solid 32-33*C.

Id like to monitor touch stone temps, but without battery monitor saving periodic files, i might have to dedicate some time to check myself
    Thanks for all the work and overnite work to get the process smooth. Woke up this morning and downloaded and installed 800mhz without a problem. Running at 32deg. and all is well so far. It is great that people make useful upgrades at the right price. They have vision and understand that they can make upgrades that Palm does not.

Sidenote: Last nite my power button quit working. First real hardware issue since I got in July 2009. Searched forums and tried rubber band trick and worked like a charm.
    It is great to know within seconds I can search this forum and get great information.
    it is working very well I was a alpha tester for the cpu scaler for 720/800mhz and i have to check with the designer of that program to see if we can implement this kernal into it, so that we can toggle the speeds off and on.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    just installed the 720. wow what a difference. this is how the phone should have come! thanks!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is it just me or should I be finding that turning off auto Garbage collect helps with the speed of Re-opening apps?

It also seems to me that I'm getting less "too many cards" as well?!