Page 89 of 124 FirstFirst ... 39 798485868788899091929394 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2468
    Here's a question.

In your original post you described the 720MHz patch being "non-optimized" and the 800MHz patch as "Optimized". What is the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    New 800 MHz vs. 500 MHz Kernel Video by Steve (dslunceford)-see links below: Please thank him on thread #1683. Thank Unixpsycho anywhere on his threads!

You Tube Link:

Alternative You Tube Link:[/B]

This is a new short video demonstrating the performance enhancement capabilities offered by the new 800MHz WebOS Kernel Patch for the Palm Pre (GSM and CDMA versions). In this video, direct head to head comparison (battle) of the the new 800 MHz kernel versus the stock Palm kernel is shown. The new OS1.4 800 MHz Palm Pre Kernel Patch, developed by unixpsycho and myself (caj2008) of PreCentral (www.precentral.net.) This short video, the third of three in a series of videos, is dedicated to my creative partner unixpsycho without whom the kernel mod would not have been developed. It is also dedicated to dslunceford, the videographer. Running your phone and surfing the web is now as easy as 12Pre!
    .................................................................................................... .............................

It's post #1692
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    What do I need to do to remove the sh file, now that I've uninstalled it?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    If it is uninstalled, it is no longer on your Pre. Delete original file on PC you used to download, thats it so it is not confused with ipk install, that's it.
    Really? Curious about my earlier post then

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Notice, after uninstalling either the 720 or 800 the script itself stays in "/var/home/root"

If/when you remove the scripts and you type "ls /var/home/root" you will probably get something like...
    root@palm-webos-device: ls /var/home/root
    720MHzOS14.sh
    800MHzOS14.sh
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    For safety reasons, as per the creator...I've uninstalled the 720Mhz patch and are awaiting the updated copy.
    I still get the speed at 791 mhz after uninstalling and deleting the file..what am I doing wrong??
    ok I did the restart twice and it still shows 796 speed???
    ok it worked finally..you guys are always so awesome and helpful I will definitely donate for the patches ipk
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I uninstalled 800mhz patch for 1.4.1.1. After installing 1.4.1.1 I reinstalled the 800mhz patch. Everything seems to be working perfect it even seems to be a little faster.
    When is the Ipk coming?
    ok it worked finally..you guys are always so awesome and helpful I will definitely donate for the patches ipk
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I too will be donating tomorrow when I get paid! Thx guys!!
    I just felt the need to say thank you for the hard work.
    update:

just removed 800patch before Over the air update 1.4.1, after install done, installed 800patch on to 1.4.1 and working 100% perfectly.

here is my confirmation 800patch works fine on 1.4.1.

edit: as always. its best to wait for caj or unix...but I have a few Palm Pres so I am okay to test

Caveat: I am an Alpha Tester.
    Last edited by trim81; 04/01/2010 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    update:

just removed 800patch before Over the air update 1.4.1, after install done, installed 800patch on to 1.4.1 and working 100% perfectly.

here is my confirmation 800patch works fine on 1.4.1.

edit: as always. its best to wait for caj or unix...but I have a few Palm Pres so I am okay to guinea pig mine
    Have to admit, I'm a little tempted to try this out tomorrow. I'm only installing the update now since I was busy most of the night.

But the ipk should be out very soon enough, might just make more sense to wait.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Re-installed the 800 MHz sh after 1.4.1 update. It works, but I am experiencing a few moments of lag every so often which makes it seem buggy. Can't wait for the ipk.
    if you guys are happy with 800patch on 1.4, you will be HAPPIER on 1.4.1.

It seems to me its much smoother, and faster (little to no circle spinning when opening up apps)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    if you guys are happy with 800patch on 1.4, you will be HAPPIER on 1.4.1.

It seems to me its much smoother, and faster (little to no circle spinning when opening up apps)
    My experience has been just the same.

Let me also echo trim81's previous comment: it's best to wait for the developers. I went ahead with the patch because the worst case scenario for me amounts to mild inconvenience. If I wake up in the morning and my pre has melted in the night, it's not a huge deal.

Anyone who would find causing permanent damage to their pre to be more than an inconvenience, should wait for the devs to say it's safe.
    Would someone please post a mirror?