Page 88 of 124 FirstFirst ... 38 788384858687888990919293 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I hope to high hell that ANYONE who is complaining about the .ipk file not being quick enough, or having to uninstall or anything else has donated to these guys! My hell people, they do not work for you, you are not entitled to these apps/patches, etc., and this is not a business where you can go and complain for bad customer service. These guys do it because it is fun, it may further their careers, they believe in webOS, or whatever. If you have not donated, SHUT THE HELL UP and quit complaining!!!!!

Correction: even if you have donated, shut the hell up (and then donate ... and then shut up some more)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    No it's not entirely safe. I've added the 720Mhz patch AFTER I updated my phone, but it's still not deemed safe. It works for me, results may vary...if you aren't willing to doctor your phone if it gets messed up, just wait it out.
    Isn't the issue here not about whether you will need to doctor your phone, but the possibility that you may fry your phone due to unforseen changes to the kernel in the update?

And to the devs... I really, TRULY appreciate what you guys have done to make this happen, but I have wanted to say this for weeks: Are you guys control freaks or what? For instance, I don't understand why you couldn't release the patch from the very beginning with the express warning that people could fry their phone but could try it as their own risk. The same logic applies to how you are so insistent that people update their phones and wait for the .ipk. Why do you care? Not trying to insult you. . . I just don't get it.

Just express your educated opinion. Let people make their own decisions and deal with the consequences (or benefits). You don't need to protect us. . .we're not children (most of us).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGod View Post
    Isn't the issue here not about whether you will need to doctor your phone, but the possibility that you may fry your phone due to unforseen changes to the kernel in the update?

And to the devs... I really, TRULY appreciate what you guys have done to make this happen, but I have wanted to say this for weeks: Are you guys control freaks or what? For instance, I don't understand why you couldn't release the patch from the very beginning with the express warning that people could fry their phone but could try it as their own risk. The same logic applies to how you are so insistent that people update their phones and wait for the .ipk. Why do you care? Not trying to insult you. . . I just don't get it.

Just express your educated opinion. Let people make their own decisions and deal with the consequences (or benefits). You don't need to protect us. . .we're not children (most of us).
    My guess? They know fingers will be pointed at them if anything goes wrong and if you look at the massive numbers of posts in this thread you learn that:

- Nobody knows the basics of this process or are even willing to learn
    - People even bothers reading answers posted to their problems and will simply ask again
    -Nobody seems to be capable of even reading any of the firs post in here where all the knowledge you need is

So yes, they are playing the CYA game but after seeing everything in this thread i cant blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Palm updates are like a persistent bug, if you ignore them they will update anyway.
    i just install the 800mhz patch after the update and it looks like is working fine, the only thing is that i try to check the speed and i could not do it, it said the the device is disconnected, but the phone is faster than when i got the update..
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Correction: even if you have donated, shut the hell up (and then donate ... and then shut up some more)

that inspired me to just donate another $10 bucks....

thanks caj2008 & unixpsycho!

James Irish
    Uninstall now before you frakk!
    you got it!
    Try changing your USB port.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGod View Post

Dude, that's just not cool. Control freaks? Are you for real?

These guys spend their own time and money to do this, and they have been on this forum 24x7 for the last week providing support, including answering the same questions over and over for people that didn't read the instructions . They have earned respect and trust from this community, and from Palm. Their adherence to process and attention to detail are one of the reasons for that respect and trust.

Control freak? Are you kidding? They have been slaving for months. It isn't something Palm can support them on. They are following best practices to make their labor work for all of us.

You should be grateful that each patch they create isn't $1.99, $20 for Preware, $39.99 for the 800mhz patch, etc.

Seriously, you sound like someone with a strong sense of entitlement as if these guys owe you something. I hope you have made a significant donation to each developer that has delivered something you use on your Pre. Every single one of them!

They are smart to move cautiously. I appreciate their candor and their caution. We show respect by following their guidance. They ALREADY DID GIVE YOU AN EDUCATED OPINION... They said to uninstall and wait. That is their educated opinion. Which part was unclear to you. Uninstall? Wait? or something else?

If you think that you know better, then by all means do whatever you want, and DON"T post any issues you have because you chose to take a risk against the advice of the VOLUNTEER developers.

To use your words, I'm not trying to insult you here, but you seriously need to back off.

IMHO
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/31/2010 at 10:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jlately View Post
    498.07 for BOGO Mips.
    Me running the 1.4 720Mhz is at my own risk on 1.4.1.1 and I understand that. I also thank the creators of this and understand their personal opinion/statement is to wait out. Everyone who is going to install this NOW, know that you can screw up your phone and know exactly what the creators of this have said.
    No more .sh files (really dangersous of you knowing what you know)!!!!!!!!!
    The ipk works!
    I just hope we can install the ipk with Preware (without WOSQI). Being a Linux-head, I *liked* the shell archive file Took no time at all to fire up an xterm, launch novacom, and paste the command.

BTW- thanks so much for all your hard work!!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Just wanted to report back.... 800mhz was working amazing... I had initial problems with battery drainage and had ran the WebOS repair utility. It found an error, and I reinstalled the patch and it seemed to fix the issue! I recently uninstalled for 1.4.1. but it will be back on once it's available again... Thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Me running the 1.4 720Mhz is at my own risk on 1.4.1.1 and I understand that. I also thank the creators of this and understand their personal opinion/statement is to wait out. Everyone who is going to install this NOW, know that you can screw up your phone and know exactly what the creators of this have said.
    Why is there so much blank space at the bottom of your original post?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Just wanted to report back.... 800mhz was working amazing... I had initial problems with battery drainage and had ran the WebOS repair utility. It found an error, and I reinstalled the patch and it seemed to fix the issue! I recently uninstalled for 1.4.1. but it will be back on once it's available again... Thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!
    Are you talking about WebOS doctor? where is this repair utility?
    should i uninstall the 800mhz patch before i update or just keep it? since people seem to not have problems with it
    Canuck software thread (Jason Robitaille)...soon to be CSS!
    thanks
    Donated.

Thanks for your hard work...the OC totally transforms the device. Looking forward to re-installing once the 1.4.1 testing comes back.

thx-Z
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ok, the control freak thing was a little abrasive, so I apologize for that. When I said I didn't mean to be offensive, I meant it. I don't have any sense of "entitlement." On the contrary, I'm grateful. I was only trying to say "I don't get it," not start a flame war.

I had/have every intention of donating. I didn't have a paypal account, and it's in the process of being verified.

Sorry to offend you caj and unixpsycho. It's a hell of an achievement. It's yours, so do it your way.
    Last edited by VoodooGod; 03/31/2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: repeated myself
    i finally ran a linux ls command to see the name of the 800mhz file, then i ran the sh uninstall command all by myself without copying and pasting! yay for me lol
    1.4.1.1 finally installed. OMG- applications launch TREMENDOUSLY faster, even faster than before the update WITH the 800Mhz kernel). The scrolling hesitation is still there, though (I do wish they would get the GPU working).

Camera < 2 sec. Browser < 2 sec. After launching phone once, subsequent loads are INSTANT. Was this update supposed to bring major app launching speed improvements? Slow launching was one of the major reasons we needed overclocking...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!