Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 37 778283848586878889909192 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2468
  1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    This issue has been resolved by an uninstall and reinstall. Since OS1.4.1 is coming just keep it uninstalled till the update

I can tell you keeping it installed during the update is not smart....
    Thanks for the reply, appreciate your work. I already had it uninstalled before I posted, figured that would be the safe thing to do. Just wanted to know if it was a cause for concern or if it was just a one time thing, thanks for answering.
    So I just downloaded 1.41 with the patch installed and because in the past it has asked me to install before going ahead, I thought I would be fine to download and then come back here to check and see if I would need to uninstall before trying the new version.

Before I got a chance to check here, with my 800 mhz patch still installed, my phone started installing the update.

My phone still works, it has the new update, but is running at 500 mhz again.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    You know you have written something really good when users would rather not uninstall your code in order to update to new Palm code..... after all how long will it take Caj et al. to rekernel their kernel for 1.4.1??? so Im thinki' of trying this to prevent the update till they/I are good and ready... thoughts? comments? flames?

To prevent the update, you need to have root access to the command line and enter the following commands:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod -x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

Then reset your phone

When you are ready to try the update, and let the phone get it re enable it with:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod +x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

and then reset your phone.
    Hey caj2008,

what are your thoughts about owners employing this code until the new ipk is released and then those who did install the "sh" patch can then uninstall their "sh" patch, update their phones, & eventually migrate to the new ipk?

cheers,

p.s.

thanks for all of the team members hard work on being so responsible with the quality of work while also being super quick to respond on this thread.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I apologize if this has been answered.
    Terminus says my BogoMIPS is 597.68 after uninstalling 800MHz
    Is that a normal?
    I just want to make sure I don't f up my phone.
    Terminus makes your pre run at 600, check it on WebOS QI and you should see it running at 500.
    I'm not sure if this has been answered so if it has, I apologize for asking again. I am updating to 1.4.1.1. After that, is it safe to reinstall the 800MHz overclock kernal or do I need to wait until there is an official post saying it is safe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been answered so if it has, I apologize for asking again. I am updating to 1.4.1.1. After that, is it safe to reinstall the 800MHz overclock kernal or do I need to wait until there is an official post saying it is safe?
    your kidding right? Read the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    your kidding right? Read the thread
    that really isn't helpful. the thread is 96 pages long...
    Some people would rather waste a post then just answer your question. People feel the need that they are too good to directly answer you.

No it's not entirely safe. I've added the 720Mhz patch AFTER I updated my phone, but it's still not deemed safe. It works for me, results may vary...if you aren't willing to doctor your phone if it gets messed up, just wait it out.
    I hope to high hell that ANYONE who is complaining about the .ipk file not being quick enough, or having to uninstall or anything else has donated to these guys! My hell people, they do not work for you, you are not entitled to these apps/patches, etc., and this is not a business where you can go and complain for bad customer service. These guys do it because it is fun, it may further their careers, they believe in webOS, or whatever. If you have not donated, SHUT THE HELL UP and quit complaining!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    that really isn't helpful. the thread is 96 pages long...
    ok lazy... you got it. just read the page or two before this one and you'll get the point.... well, i hate to assume.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    The short answer is wait.
    It doesn't take that much searching to find the answer, but you need to wait until they make one specifically for 1.4.1. Do not reinstall the old one.
    Interesting to see if Palm adds any CPU scaling into a future WebOS update...
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    I saw where one member reinstalled the 720 kernal and so far hasn't had a problem, but I just want to make sure what the current consensus is on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmskinner View Post
    Yes, I did install the WebOS Dr. when it prompted me to. When i click on the blue down arrow, nothing happens.
    Also, do you know where on my hard drive i can find the files that installed when i installed WOSQI?

Glad to help out!
    I saw where one member reinstalled the 720 kernal and so far hasn't had a problem, but I just want to make sure what the current consensus is on this.
    I'm much less concerned with the "consensus" than I am with the word from the DEVs who built this... they both say to wait, so wait I shall.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    wait for caj2008 & unixpsycho to tell you what to do... after all, this is their baby.
    Okay. I will wait until it is safe and one for 1.4.1 is out. Thanks for the responses. I also must thanks the guys who write these things. The 800 kernal did wonders for my pre. My battery life was better with it, too because it quit freezing and locking up on the bugs in 1.4 I couldn't get over how much longer it lasted and even when I had it on the charger, it never got above 42c. I can't wait until it is ready again.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    oh ****....i just remembered i didnt remove my theme......i know this isnt the thread for it but it just dawned on me...waiting for phone to boot up. i doubt anything will be busted but i like to follow the proper procedures.
    I forgot to remove my theme too, didn't do anything to screw anything up.

BTW: 720Mhz patch re-installed on 1.4.1.1 :

root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 717.22
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42