Page 86 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2468
    ok go ahead im getting ready to laugh . ok im ready lets go now !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Lol. How do you know it isn't?
    I don't. That's the point.

I'm not installing it again until I know.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    That's exactly what I'm asking! There aren't that many changes....

I'm just gonna try to install the modified 720Mhz kernel again unless someone here says it doesn't work.
    It's been done already but I won't advise either way. If something was to go wrong we have the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok go ahead im getting ready to laugh . ok im ready lets go now !!
    Really? Ha... Tha's not very nice. Things DO have to be tested otherwise we wouldn't know or have these great things. I've already tested on my device because I'm fine doctoring my phone if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    It's been done already but I won't advise either way. If something was to go wrong we have the Doctor.

Really? Ha...
    im just waiting to see if it bricks anyones phone , so im ready to laugh at em !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    is the ipk coming this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    is the ipk coming this week?
    yes they will be out soon . lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I am installing 1.4.1.1 now and will verify if its safe. dont update yet if you want to keep the custom kernel... if not you will be waiting a long time for 1.4.1 updated kernel. I dont forsee that big of a change but i've been wrong before.

stay tuned.
    same... i'll put my pre on the line
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Got 1.4.1.1 installed. Same old sluggish Pre back down at 500 MHz.

The camera shutter delay bug is fixed, but that's all I'm noticing.
    Got my 800mhz kernel uninstalled. However, even though I know it's not necessary, I couldn't delete the file from the /var/home/root directory using the delete file option in WebOS QI. When I use the ls command to check, it's still there. Not that big of a deal, but trying to clean it up a bit.
    Right but see the way I read that, doesn't that mean it'll mess up the phone if it tries updating WHILE the 720 or 800 patch is installed? Doesn't really say you can't install it after...
    install it then man, just remember its at your own risk
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    just a little observation. I uninstalled the kernel to download 1.41. I let my pre cool down to the 20 degree range and started downloading the update while the phone was plugged in to my car charger. Got the battery temp warning about 10 minutes in (this is running the stock kernel). Temp maxed out at 46. I know everyone wants to have a buffer and be safe, but 45 for the temp warning maybe a little overkill. I feel like anyone making a road trip and using the phone while plugged in is going to hit the warning pretty quick. The question is, do we need to do anything at 45 or even 50 degrees, or should the temps be raised higher for the warnings if the stock is getting up to 46 after 10 minutes!?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    it pained me to remove this, haha
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    just a little observation. I uninstalled the kernel to download 1.41. I let my pre cool down to the 20 degree range and started downloading the update while the phone was plugged in to my car charger. Got the battery temp warning about 10 minutes in (this is running the stock kernel). Temp maxed out at 46. I know everyone wants to have a buffer and be safe, but 45 for the temp warning maybe a little overkill. I feel like anyone making a road trip and using the phone while plugged in is going to hit the warning pretty quick. The question is, do we need to do anything at 45 or even 50 degrees, or should the temps be raised higher for the warnings if the stock is getting up to 46 after 10 minutes!?
    i had mine on touchstone with car charger playing pandora and got the warning today lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Well, I installed the 720Mhz patch after doing 1.4.1.1 and uhm, yeah....just fine. Pre is up and running.

(of course all others, use at your own risk...I did observe the remove before updating routine, just reinstalled after the update)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i dont really feel like going thru the thread again...what files need to be removed after yanking the 800 kernel? or do i even need to bother with them.
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I apologize if this has been answered.
    Terminus says my BogoMIPS is 597.68 after uninstalling 800MHz
    Is that a normal?
    I just want to make sure I don't f up my phone.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    is it possible to remove this strait from the phone? with terminal or terminus
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I apologize if this has been answered.
    Is that a normal?
    it is if ur checking it using terminus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Is that a normal?
    Yes because Terminus runs the CPU at 600, check from your computer