Page 85 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2468
    umm...i am just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the current AUTP but for 1.4 when i tried to update all, like i am told to do...alot of them do not work right so i ended up uninstalling about 100 patches and waiting a few days and than they all seemed to work right...also it seems that i have to install some patches like media volume first and than other device menu patches for it to not show an error?
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked (I wasn't able to find my exact problem). I've run the uninstall per instructions and everything operated as expected. However, when enter cat /proc/cpuinfo in WOSQI I still see BogoMIPS : 796.91.

After issuing the uninstall command, I let the device Luna restart then I restarted (Orange+Sym+R). In fact, I've run through the uninstall twice, but I'm still seeing 796.91. I also went into Tools>Delete File within WOSQI to delete the 800MHzOS14.sh, and that appeared to be successful.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    1.40 issue....hopefullly soon to be resolved. Stay tuned.....
    Was that to me? If so, then we should hold off on updating? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Thanks for all your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The overclock script does 3 things:
    - Backup kernel and LunaSysMgr if no backup exists
    - Replace Linux kernel with custom one
    - Edit LunaSysMgr to be clocked upto 720/800 MHz

If you update to 1.4.1, the kernel and/or LunaSysMgr might be updated to a new version, possible incompatible with the overclock. In addition, the backed up kernel/LunaSysMgr would be the 1.4.0 files and possibly incompatible. So attempts to "uninstall" post-update would cause issues.

Depends if LunaSysMgr and/or the kernel were updated, which they probably were. In which case, the custom overclock kernel would need to be rebuilt.

I believe it'll automatically download, but you have to manually start the installation. I think after like 7 days it'll automatically install though.

Yep
    Jason you are incredible Bro... I seriously Can't Say thank you enough! You have Seriously been a God Send to this Comunity THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Will WebOSDoc fix it if I dont uninstall? Could someone answer my question?
    I am wondering the same thing.
    i used the 720 patch. Email and universal search for contacts stopped working after patch was installed. I tried it for a few days and my email completely vanished. After I removed the patch today to prepare for the update. My emails came back and universal search works now for contacts.
    Last edited by michael_guthrie; 03/31/2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: add which patch used
    I am installing 1.4.1.1 now and will verify if its safe. dont update yet if you want to keep the custom kernel... if not you will be waiting a long time for 1.4.1 updated kernel. I dont forsee that big of a change but i've been wrong before.

stay tuned.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyontree View Post
    umm...i am just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the current AUTP but for 1.4 when i tried to update all, like i am told to do...alot of them do not work right so i ended up uninstalling about 100 patches and waiting a few days and than they all seemed to work right...also it seems that i have to install some patches like media volume first and than other device menu patches for it to not show an error?
    I believe that the idea with the AUTP patches is it will keep a placeholder there for the patches that are not yet compatible with that version of the OS. Once there is a compatible version you will see it through the updates in preware.

so yes you will have patches that look to be installed but do not work because they are not made for the latest version of the OS yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Will WebOSDoc fix it if I dont uninstall? Could someone answer my question?
    yep
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    ah thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    uninstall and waiting for 1.4.1.... I have no problem doing it,and then wait a few days to install again. Be smart and install,it won't hurt that much. What if there was no 800mhz mod,yea! Think about that. People make a big fuss over a simple uninstalling. Damn!!!!!
    My point is this: The 800mhz kernel is so damn good, I would rather wait for its revision running stable under 1.41 than uninstall, watch my phone go backward, play the wait game for the update, yada yada yada...... not to mention I have to keep my eye on my wife's phone to remove themes etc. (she is not quite as into this as I ;-) ....sooooooooo. Why not turn autoupdating off and let me check for the update when I like or when I am ready? It's not like I don't visit precentral atleast every other day. That's all I'm sayin' .... of course, I will uninstall the 800mhz gorilla first ;-) control man.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Removed the 800MHz - definitely now notice how crisp/smooth webOS was with the patch. It made all of my swipes seem much more percise. Whereas now, without the patch, I notice the slight stutters and lag.

Also, I found the phone heats up at the same rate as it did with 800MHz. I got to 45 Degrees @500 while running radiotime on the touchstone in my car today.
    I had same problem. I uninstalled 800 and my tests show it uninstalled correctly but still seems sometime sto be still working faster and still overheating, in fact maybe even more now.

Before 800 always ran cool, with 800 overheated mainly when streaming. now 800 uninstalled and is overheating without streaming, I have shut down completely and rebooted several times. I am hoping the CPU just needs time to settle back but it has sat almost unused for two days now and yet still seems to be doing same.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I had same problem. I uninstalled 800 and my tests show it uninstalled correctly but still seems sometime sto be still working faster and still overheating, in fact maybe even more now.

Before 800 always ran cool, with 800 overheated mainly when streaming. now 800 uninstalled and is overheating without streaming, I have shut down completely and rebooted several times. I am hoping the CPU just needs time to settle back but it has sat almost unused for two days now and yet still seems to be doing same.
    Sounds like your pre could use a visit to the Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post

doing anything with the radio or charging will heat up the Pre and not necessarily the CPU. could be a false positive.
    Live free or DIE!
    The 1.4.1.1 is not even worth removing my 800 patch, its just Minor changes that was made, nothing to special guys.
    Just got the 1.4.1.1 update and uninstalled the kernel modification... holy hell, even the bootup seems soooooo slow now.

I really can't wait for this to be compatible again.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i wish people would listen to caj im tired of all these threads with people complaining they have to remove the patch/kernal, its progress just move with it!!! if palm somehow blocked that kernal in this update then by all means complain then, but they didnt so leave it alone...
    So, has anyone installed 1.4.1.1 and then re-installed the 720 or 800 patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Just got the 1.4.1.1 update and uninstalled the kernel modification... holy hell, even the bootup seems soooooo slow now.

I really can't wait for this to be compatible again.
    Lol. How do you know it isn't?
    That's exactly what I'm asking! There aren't that many changes....

I'm just gonna try to install the modified 720Mhz kernel again unless someone here says it doesn't work.