Page 84 of 124 FirstFirst ... 34 747980818283848586878889 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    My phone drained from close to 100% battery straight down to 0%. It just basically turned off, and when I tried to turn it back on I got the low battery picture. I just charged it back to full again, but I'm wondering if this is something I should be worrying about? It's the only time it's happened, I've had the patch for a couple of days.
    It is not really a "patch", it is a replacement kernel. I have been running it for several days and I have not seen any problems with that type of battery drain.

My biggest battery problem comes when my local Sprint tower goes down and the next tower is too far away (zero or 1 bar). It will wipe a full battery in just 8 hours, while completely unused!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Four questions:

What will happen if we dont uninstall the overclocking?

Once the new 1.4.1 is loaded...can we simply reinstall the overclock patch?

Everyone keeps warning that the phone will automatically update...is this true? I thought you had to click update and then it would do it over time...

Does WebOSDoc reset the overclocking?

PS - this sucks as I JUST did the whole update yesterday!
    my PS: I answered those 4 questions a page or 2 ago, ya may wanna look to see if anyone answered your question the first time before reposting it

See http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2346414
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    my PS: I answered those 4 questions a page or 2 ago, ya may wanna look to see if anyone answered your question the first time before reposting it

See http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2346414
    Dude it's 90+ posts! I did read through some of them and didnt see the answers...sheesh

Could you send me the links to my specific questions...?

Whats the worst case scenario? Will WebOSDoc fix it if it messes up?
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPapaya View Post
    Well thats odd. I uninstalled the Kernel and after two restarts im clocking in at 498 MHz. But my WebOS is at almost, if not the same speed as before. The Browser starts almost instantly, same like the cam, the phone app and the pictures...

What the hell is going on?
    I experienced the same thing, after a few restarts it was the same old slug it was before

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    It is not really a "patch", it is a replacement kernel. I have been running it for several days and I have not seen any problems with that type of battery drain.

My biggest battery problem comes when my local Sprint tower goes down and the next tower is too far away (zero or 1 bar). It will wipe a full battery in just 8 hours, while completely unused!
    Okay, but is this something that could be due to the replacement kernel? Or is it just a random bug that's unlikely to be due to the replacement kernel?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    kernel at 720mhz is fantastic for speed and battery, but now with new webos?
    i'm waiting for a new release!!
    After uninstalling the patch, I also ran WebOS Doctor for good luck, plus I like to do that before upgrading anyways.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Why won't the DL link work?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    might want to read a bit more of this thread, specifically the update on the top of the first post. Downloads are suspended cause 1.4.1 is coming out now and they are moving to a ipk patch.

also, really PreCentral? i cant post a helpful link cause my post count isn't high enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    Because they took it down in preparation for the 1.4.1 update and the ipk version of the 800 kernel.

Popular stuff like this needs to be on a Wiki. Nobody is going to read through 90+ pages of postings
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    agreed. furthermore, I kindly suggest that the OP PLEASE make it clear on the first page. I was lucky enough to read the warning on precentral.net. Also, a mass message should go out to everyone from the administrator warning everyone (whether they did it or not) to please uninstall the patch else their phones may get messed up or bricked.
    thanks =)!
    Quote Originally Posted by petrafan007 View Post
    agreed. furthermore, I kindly suggest that the OP PLEASE make it clear on the first page. I was lucky enough to read the warning on precentral.net. Also, a mass message should go out to everyone from the administrator warning everyone (whether they did it or not) to please uninstall the patch else their phones may get messed up or bricked.
    That's infeasible nor should people need to have their hand held.

How many times has this subject come up? Every chance I have I mention uninstalling before an update. Of course this will go unheard and people will act totally shocked when their phone is acting weird of bricked. If someone thinks they know better then updates with the patch installed, dont come crying here if things go awry.

Sorry but I had to say it. Uninstalling before an update is common knowledge for any patches or kernels.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    hey guys, didn't see anything posted about this yet... but I am uninstalling the 800 patch... so when I do the command (cat /proc/cpuinfo) to see what the processor setting is at, what should it show when it is original?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...I believe it'll automatically download, but you have to manually start the installation. I think after like 7 days it'll automatically install though...
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    ...As for people freaking out about automatic updates- mine has *never* performed an update/upgrade without asking me first. It will/should ask THREE TIMES before it does it on it's own. You should have ample opportunity to uninstall the 1.4.0 800 kernel before a forced upgrade occurs. Now, if you don't use your phone every day, I suppose you could be paranoid enough to disable updates... I am just not that paranoid right now
    Just anecdotal and memory-based evidence here...

Back in November (2009), about the 13th or 14th, when whatever update that was came out (I think it was 1.3.5), my WebOS 1.2 Pre (or whatever the pre-update version number was) was charging off my laptop when I went to bed that night.

When I woke up, it had updated itself to 1.3.5...with all my 1.2 patches on it. Problems with the patches aside, the point I want to make here is that updates can happen without user approval.

That was the first I'd heard/seen of that. After some reading around, and I can't remember where I saw this info, I learned that, as of that update, updates can in fact happen without user-acknowledgement, contingent on things like the update having been downloaded. Once whatever those conditions have been met, the last condition was something like...the next time the phone is put on a charger, it can do the update on its own.

Now, since I can't remember exactly where I read that, I might not be remembering it exactly, I can't quote it, and you might not believe me, but *I* believe it.

And I've seen the results when I woke up to an updated Pre back in November.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 03/31/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Removed the 800MHz - definitely now notice how crisp/smooth webOS was with the patch. It made all of my swipes seem much more percise. Whereas now, without the patch, I notice the slight stutters and lag.

Also, I found the phone heats up at the same rate as it did with 800MHz. I got to 45 Degrees @500 while running radiotime on the touchstone in my car today.
    Removed the patch for the 1.4.1 update, but of course I don't have it. Hoping I get it soon, because having to run at 500 for nothing is aggravating.
    have fun updating the sh for 1.4.1 and good luck
    we are all right behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    hey guys, didn't see anything posted about this yet... but I am uninstalling the 800 patch... so when I do the command (cat /proc/cpuinfo) to see what the processor setting is at, what should it show when it is original?
    498.07 for BOGO Mips.
    uninstall and waiting for 1.4.1.... I have no problem doing it,and then wait a few days to install again. Be smart and install,it won't hurt that much. What if there was no 800mhz mod,yea! Think about that. People make a big fuss over a simple uninstalling. Damn!!!!!