Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 31 717677787980818283848586 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I have a really simple and probably stupid question.

I only had the 800mhz patch installed never did the 600 prior. to remove i just type

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

and that's it. Correct?

I get nervous doing the command line instructions. Just want to make sure it's right before i do it.

Thanks sorry if it this seems overly simple just like the reassurance.
    That is the correct command to uninstall! Make sure to reboot...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    Gunny- Did you restart your phone?
    yeah twice
    Ugh, the VK w/ the 800 patch made me fall in love with my Pre all over again, but its gone now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I've removed the patch but still see 796 BogoMIPS as my speed.
    you need to do a hard reset as well by powering the phone off... did you?

my BogoMIPS is showing 598 after uninstalling - where the directions say it should be 497 or so... anyone know why this is? (I don't have the 600 patch installed)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post

my BogoMIPS is showing 598 after uninstalling - where the directions say it should be 497 or so... anyone know why this is? (I don't have the 600 patch installed)
    at the linux command prompt I've typed reboot. Is there more I should do?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    at the linux command prompt I've typed reboot. Is there more I should do?
    Try the full shutdown (from the held-down power button menu). Once it's fully off, turn it back on again.
    k thx I'll report back
    uninstalled my speed booster with no problems & now I'm back to the original 500 MHz

thanks for all the help on this & looking forward to the update
    I have to say, I'm VERY tempted to re-install 800 after update, I dont think I can live without it!!!lol
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post

How are you looking at /proc/cpuinfo ? Are you using terminus? If so, terminus is an SDL app and all sdl apps kick the processor to 600Mhz by default. THe minute you quit the app it goes back to 500.
    btw, have you all voted? sorry if this is a repeat...

March Smart Phone Madness Game 13: Palm Pre Plus vs. HTC HD2
    I feel like I need rehab! I mean , C'mon, I've been living my life on "SPEED" and now I'm back to the boring, daily grime!

Please pass the Prozac!
    so slow... ....

i need an intervention...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Yup, calling my 'shrink' now!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    btw, have you all voted? sorry if this is a repeat...

March Smart Phone Madness Game 13: Palm Pre Plus vs. HTC HD2

Yeah, just voted. Nice to see Pre make it to the final four!!! Love to see it beat 'em all!

PLEASE VOTE!
    I've uninstalled and done a hard reboot and now my cpu info reports at 600MHz (using /proc/cpuinfo)

I was using the 800MHz patch :S
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    when i attempt to go to "Tools" "Linux Command Line" within WOSQI, nothing happens. I'm getting scared that I won't remove the 800MHz patch in time. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmskinner View Post
    when i attempt to go to "Tools" "Linux Command Line" within WOSQI, nothing happens. I'm getting scared that I won't remove the 800MHz patch in time. Any help?

Make sure you have entered Developer Mode (Type into the Universal Launcher: webos20090606).

If you rebooted your phone in ANY way while WOSQI was open, shut it down and re-open it. One of these two should fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    What will happen if we dont uninstall the overclocking?
    The overclock script does 3 things:
    - Backup kernel and LunaSysMgr if no backup exists
    - Replace Linux kernel with custom one
    - Edit LunaSysMgr to be clocked upto 720/800 MHz

If you update to 1.4.1, the kernel and/or LunaSysMgr might be updated to a new version, possible incompatible with the overclock. In addition, the backed up kernel/LunaSysMgr would be the 1.4.0 files and possibly incompatible. So attempts to "uninstall" post-update would cause issues.

Once the new 1.4.1 is loaded...can we simply reinstall the overclock patch?
    Depends if LunaSysMgr and/or the kernel were updated, which they probably were. In which case, the custom overclock kernel would need to be rebuilt.

Everyone keeps warning that the phone will automatically update...is this true? I thought you had to click update and then it would do it over time...
    I believe it'll automatically download, but you have to manually start the installation. I think after like 7 days it'll automatically install though.

Does WebOSDoc reset the overclocking?
    Yep
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmskinner View Post
    Oh, and verify that you are using the latest version of WOSQI.....version 3.02, I believe.