Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    can you use onDemand cpu scaling in addition to this patch?

if so...OMG that would be the greatest
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you restart phone? Then check it?
    That is after the initial reboot right after installing, and a second full shutdown and boot. The 720 is what I got working, the 800 always gave me an Error 5 when trying to place on the device, so not a surprise it is not full size. The download is full size like the 720, 3192kb.
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    can you use onDemand cpu scaling in addition to this patch?

if so...OMG that would be the greatest
    u can use CPU scaler.. only draw back u need to set it again after every reboot
    Example 2. if WOSQI Script was used:
    under Tools - Linux Command Line
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch uninstall
    Luna Restart or alternatively Power Pre off and on (both will work)

In your instructions on the first page, don't you need a .sh after the patch name? So it should read:

sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch.sh uninstall
    you could try uninstalling the 720 then try to install the 800 if its a no go then try removing the 800 and go back start over download the 800 all over and delete the old 800 file just in case
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I give up for now, this is just ****ing me off. Hopefully someone has an answer for the Error 5 thing tomorrow. Even after I get it I I can do "ls /var/home/root/" and it shows it in there, but when I run the install command it sits there and does nothing. Developer mode is on, my WOSQI is installed correctly. **** it............
    I don't know if this will help you with your error 5 or not...

I followed instructions and everything worked through the Luna restart. Then I did the full reboot. After it came to life again, I put in the command for a speed check and got Error 5. I tried a different command and got error 5. So I closed the command line box in WOSQI and reopened it. Speed test worked fine in the new command line box.

It is my GUESS that your Error 5 message had something to do with not being in the right directory at the time of the command. I say this because the first time I got the error, the Linux box showed the results of the patch being added. After I closed it and restarted it, I was in the root and everything worked fine.

Just a WAG
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    you could try uninstalling the 720 then try to install the 800 if its a no go then try removing the 800 and go back start over download the 800 all over and delete the old 800 file just in case
    Yeah, my problem is that I have deleted the 800 file 3-4 times, and it is still showing up. I got the 720 working, I think for the day I will be happy with that. I have been up all night, half messing with the 800 patch. With the 720 working I will use it a little bit and enjoy it, try to get the 800 working later today I think.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I don't know if this will help you with your error 5 or not...

I followed instructions and everything worked through the Luna restart. Then I did the full reboot. After it came to life again, I put in the command for a speed check and got Error 5. I tried a different command and got error 5. So I closed the command line box in WOSQI and reopened it. Speed test worked fine in the new command line box.

It is my GUESS that your Error 5 message had something to do with not being in the right directory at the time of the command. I say this because the first time I got the error, the Linux box showed the results of the patch being added. After I closed it and restarted it, I was in the root and everything worked fine.

Just a WAG
    Will try it later and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Had not checked that before. Actually, even after (I thought) removing the 800 file it is showing up with this command. I see:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3267933 Mar 25 05:33 720MHzOS14.sh
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 25 02:27 800MHzOS14.sh
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9318400 Mar 25 05:34 ockernel-bak.tar

This is wrong. the "d" means directory. But it should be a file like the 720patch

Cat
    ok those that are having errors, I have something for you.

Users whom DIRECTLY doctor from 1.2 to 1.4 will get errors (known for a fact on 800mhz, not sure about 730mhz)

as with the usbpass DIAG, palm inserted it with 1.3 and above. (not directly related with the kernal, I am not sure..but just using this as an example)

so if you are getting errors, and if you have directly doctored to 1.2 then directly jumping to 1.4, you CANNOT install 800mhz..

solution: doctor to 1.2 (if you must go back there), then doctor to 1.3, then go to 1.4

you cannot go straight from 1.2 to 1.4

+i know this because I was just messing with one of our phones, and was getting errors when I shouldn't have (I'm an Alpha tester, so I know my way around this patch)

--anyhow hope that helps, and hit the thanks button if you found this helpful
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just installed it, it's running great! Thanks for doing this, now I might not have the urge to throw my Pre when trying to check an email, and it takes forever.
    also to add: doctoring to 1.2 then doing an over the air update to 1.4 does NOT work and add the special files as well.

you MUST doctor to 1.3 if at anytime you went to 1.2 to add these 'special' files
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Last edited by seekis; 03/25/2010 at 07:22 AM.
    Thanks! Awesome work!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catweazlemac View Post

This is wrong. the "d" means directory. But it should be a file like the 720patch

Cat
    Ok, so should the removal command be any different then?
    Can I disable updates the same way as the 720 and 800 patch for 1.3.5.1?
    Time to get VIRAL
    show us what you put in for the install versus the uninstall ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhugbear View Post
    Can I disable updates the same way as the 720 and 800 patch for 1.3.5.1?
    yes you can disable updates
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    show us what you put in for the install versus the uninstall ??
    what was posted in the instructions exactly.

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install(off the top of my head, if not exact then it's because I am not looking it up)

Just uninstalled the 720, will try to 800 again.
    I installed this and my pre doesn't ask to charge or go to usb drive. and also when I try to check speed in linux commandline, it says no device detected

How do i fix ?
    Time to get VIRAL