Page 79 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2468
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had the 720MHz mod installed for two days, and the battery charging rate did seem to take significantly less time than the stock phone condition.
    Mine kept jumping above 46 with the 720 and 800mhz kernel after 30 minutes or so on the touchstone.

I'm using the stock battery.

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Mine never oes above 42 on the touchstone alone, no matter how long (Seidio 2600 back) with just the kernel.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Odd. During my time with the 800mHz kernel I never had any Luna freezes/random restarts. I just reverted to the stock kernel and almost immediately I am having a Luna hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Mine kept jumping above 46 with the 720 and 800mhz kernel after 30 minutes or so on the touchstone.

I'm using the stock battery.
    your posts are confusing. first u say 43 than above 46 degrees, which one is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Odd. During my time with the 800mHz kernel I never had any Luna freezes/random restarts. I just reverted to the stock kernel and almost immediately I am having a Luna hang.
    I have had the same experience, most of my 1.4 bugs disappeared after 800 Kernel install. No Luna Issues, or random restarts, also battery life was much improved!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I have had the same experience, most of my 1.4 bugs disappeared after 800 Kernel install. No Luna Issues, or random restarts, also battery life was much improved!
    My battery life didn't really change, but then I've done a lot of analysis into what, in my typical usage, drains battery the most.
    Notice, after uninstalling either the 720 or 800 the script itself stays in "/var/home/root"

If/when you remove the scripts and you type "ls /var/home/root" you will probably get something like...

root@palm-webos-device: ls /var/home/root
    720MHzOS14.sh
    800MHzOS14.sh
    So is that safe and ok for the files to still be there even though they aren't installed (Referring to future OS update)? Probably wouldn't hurt if an extra step be taken by actually deleting the scripts from /var/home/root after uninstall?
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/31/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Hi, I see the advice that we remove the faster kernel in anticipation of a 1.4.1 update. I can't tell you how much I hated removing it. The speed was addictive.

Is it still advisable to remove Themes? I use the "iPhone iCon" theme.

Also, are there any other patches or mods I should remove?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

The reason I am asking this here is that the developers on this thread seem to be the most knowledgeable about such stuff.

And yet, they aren't charging for what they develop... or the 7x24 support they have been providing for blazing fast kernels...

So I hope everyone here has donated AT LEAST $10 to the developers from the button on page 1 of this thread. While you are at it, remember the other major developers that hang out here, and donate to them, tool. That's how we can motivate iPhone developers to create app for WebOS!

I'm looking forward to having the 800mhz Kernel running tomorrow, so let's all pray that Palm sends the update soon!
    I ran cpuinfo after uninstalling to check and I'm not getting the right number for either w/ or w.o the patch - I'm getting 598 or something like that... any ideas why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Also, are there any other patches or mods I should remove?
    For webOS updates, you'll need to uninstall themes and overclock scripts. That's about it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Cantaffordit,
    You should remove any themes you have installed. As for patches, as long as they are the current AUPT you should be all set to leave them installed.
    I miss 800MHz so bad. My phone is now a complete lag monster. I have a hard time even hanging up from phone calls. Is this update even helping with all the problems Palm created with the Pre or is this update just to allow other countries to get paid apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Notice, after uninstalling either the 720 or 800 the script itself stays in "/var/home/root"

If/when you remove the scripts and you type "ls /var/home/root" you will probably get something like...

root@palm-webos-device: ls /var/home/root
    720MHzOS14.sh
    800MHzOS14.sh
    So is that safe and ok for the files to still be there even though they aren't installed (Referring to future OS update)? Probably wouldn't hurt if an extra step be taken by actually deleting the scripts from /var/home/root after uninstall?
    Can anyone chime in please?
    I'm def gonna wait until i have to uninstall this patch. I love my phone now, it's wonderfully fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Download links temporarily suspended (please uninstall all .sh file)

Patches are disabled for now. Please be patient as we move away from .sh file toward ipk deployment. Do not forward existing .sh style patches because they need to be uninstalled prior to upcoming ipk deployment (alpha testing of installation from Weds-Friday). The uninstallation of the .sh file is a necessary step to avoid confusion with the upcoming new method of installation (please do so in the next few days).
    Out of curiosity, why move away from one method in favor of another, instead of just let both coexist?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    800 Mhz mod removed.

On the bright side, paid apps for Canadians by the end of the day (I hope)!!!!

Can't wait for this mod to be re-released. Good news for the mod developers, this should spark another wave of donations. I know I'll be donating again once the new mod is released.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Why should we remove the patch now?
    I too removed in anticipation of OS update...can't wait to get it back on.
    Last edited by dslunceford; 03/31/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Why should we remove the patch now?
    remove before you go to bed for sure, your phone may update while your asleep. That would not be nice.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Are there any improvements to the script over the originals in the new versions your posting, or are they the same with a non-command line installation?