Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just curious...

Being that updating without removing the kernel mod could require doctoring, would it possibly be advantageous to modify the UpdateDaemon to block os updates within these scripts which would require removal of the kernel mod prior to performing the update?

Anyhow, all is well...Thanks for all your efforts!
    I really like that idea. Not sure about others... but I feel as if we could block updates, it'll save a lotta Pres. The "DON'T UPDATE WITH OVERCLOCK PATCH" rule is a largely unknown rule... so anything we can do to get people to ask why their phone doesn't have the newest version of webOS is a plus in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I leave everyone to make there own choices. I try to stay objective and will no longer enage in this kind of fortune telling. It is a multivariable equation
    There's really not that many variables involved, right?

The MAIN variable is heat. If you can control it, you should have no problem.

Ways to control heat...

- Use Jason's 45 deg Celsius patch.
    - Do NOT follow thru with an OTA update while [forgetting that] the patch is installed.
    - Maybe don't use Touchstone?
    - Etcetera.

These things should be in the OP. And xanthinealkaloid's suggestion should be highly considered.

I really feel as if the reason that the Pre isn't clocked, stock, at 600+ MHz is because of OTA updates and Touchstones. They had to have had a reason not to even go for 600, and those two things MUST be the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    So I am very pleased and impressed with the 800MhZ patch, my phone is running cool and I may be seeing a significant battery increase. However, I am no longer able to get a GPS lock. I am using google maps, and when trying to find "me" I receive a notice "Your current location is unavaliable" "We cannot determine your current location". Am I the only one with this issue? I know I was able to use this feature earlier yesterday (I installed the patch last night) and I did not install any additional patches. Does anybody have advice? I really do not want to uninstall this patch, but I am afraid I have become too reliant on google maps to live without it.

Update: When I turn off "Use Google Services" Under the Location Services Preferences I am able to get an approximate location, however that location has a half mile diameter. This has to be some sort of software issue, I am using a Sprint Palm Pre.
    It's a firmware issue.. the software that's installed in ROM (read-only memory). Sprint, Verizon, etc. did that to you on purpose so that you can't use your phone without 3G service.

The solution is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

Quote Originally Posted by mhausenpre View Post
    Still keeping an eye on my battery drain. I think I could have had a defective battery, because last night I got the spare I'd ordered in the mail and have been using it all day without trouble (9 AM at 100%, 4 PM at 65% with quite a bit of browsing, mail and texting, not much of anything else). Then again, it could be that a defective Pre fried my previous battery. What are the range of values you guys are getting for current (mA) and voltage (mV) according to the battery monitor app? (with the 720 MHz mod).
    Li-Ions require a specific type of "break-in" to achieve optimum longevity.

That type of break-in is: MAX CHARGE & MAX DISCHARGE TIMES THREE. Then, keep battery topped off as often as possible. This is only for Li-Ion batteries, which is most everything sold as of today.

Many, many things require break-in -- batteries, processors (as caj has experienced with his suggestion of letting things "equilibriate"), engines, air compressors, headphones, speakers, & even women.
    [QUOTE = rwhitby; 2342671] El Pre OMAP 3430 tiene un nominal de 600MHz. Hay una versión de 720MHz del OMAP3430 disponibles, pero no está en el PRE. Hay un chip OMAP diferentes que corre a 800MHz, una vez más que no está en el PRE.

Ejecutar un OMAP de 600MHz a 720MHz reduce la vida útil de 100K horas a 44K horas, de acuerdo a la hoja de datos del fabricante. No se sabe cuánto más corriendo a 800MHz reduce el tiempo de vida. Tenga en cuenta que incluso cuando se ejecuta el OMAP3430 a 600MHz, el punto de operación se conoce en la hoja de datos del fabricante como "OPP5: Overdrive".

Tenga en cuenta que va desde 720MHz a 800MHz aumenta el voltaje principal por la misma cantidad que va desde 500MHz a 720MHz, por lo que se podría esperar una reducción similar de nuevo, tal vez a ~ 20K horas, pero es pura conjetura de que los datos no está disponible al público de el fabricante.

- Rod [/ QUOTE]

What is the value of K?
    K = 1000
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    The 720 MHz patch is perfectly stable here (the 800 wasn't), and no wonder, it is still within TI specs.
    No, the device in the Pre is rated by the manufacturer at 600MHz. There is a high-speed grade version of the same chip available which is rated for 720 MHz operation, but that chip is not in the Pre.

Now remember these are manufacturer guaranteed specifications, so any particular device that comes off the fab should meet or exceed these specs. By how much a particular device might exceed specs without logic errors or speed paths is of course not known (other than by experimentation on your particular device).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    [QUOTE = rwhitby; 2342671] El Pre OMAP 3430 tiene un nominal de 600MHz. Hay una versión de 720MHz del OMAP3430 disponibles, pero no está en el PRE. Hay un chip OMAP diferentes que corre a 800MHz, una vez más que no está en el PRE.

Ejecutar un OMAP de 600MHz a 720MHz reduce la vida útil de 100K horas a 44K horas, de acuerdo a la hoja de datos del fabricante. No se sabe cuánto más corriendo a 800MHz reduce el tiempo de vida. Tenga en cuenta que incluso cuando se ejecuta el OMAP3430 a 600MHz, el punto de operación se conoce en la hoja de datos del fabricante como "OPP5: Overdrive".

Tenga en cuenta que va desde 720MHz a 800MHz aumenta el voltaje principal por la misma cantidad que va desde 500MHz a 720MHz, por lo que se podría esperar una reducción similar de nuevo, tal vez a ~ 20K horas, pero es pura conjetura de que los datos no está disponible al público de el fabricante.

- Rod [/ QUOTE]

What is the value of K?
    wow !!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    K = 1000
    Thanks, but the data itself does not say anything.
    Thanks, but the data itself does not say anything.
    K represents one thousand power-on hours of device operation guaranteed by the device manufacturer at a certain frequency and voltage operating point.

-- Rod
    [QUOTE = rwhitby; 2344176] K representa un mil de energía en horas de funcionamiento del dispositivo garantizados por el fabricante del dispositivo a una frecuencia determinada y punto de funcionamiento de tensión.

- Rod [/ QUOTE]

Thanks, the issue is clearer to me now.
    Danke, die Angelegenheit ist mir jetzt klarer.
    What's up with all that?
    I'm sorry, for some reason I'm having trouble download from that link.

Do I need to sign up or something from that website?

Was the 800 Mhz patch removed from the website.

I discovered that the 720 patch link is working?

Thanks!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 03/30/2010 at 06:49 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What's up with all that?
    The discussion is about the life of the device with the patch in question. We recommend you read the previous post to understand the subject.
    The discussion is about the life of the device with the patch in question. We recommend you read the previous post to understand the subject.
    yeah well its kinda hard to read and keep up if you dont understand what someone is saying!!!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not sure if there is a issues thread, so I'll post some of my issues here. First, awesome patch. Works great and unnoticeable battery difference, except for a few issues:
    -I did a device restart after the luna restart, but for some reason, I didn't notice the speed increase until it had been running for about 10 mins. There was no speed increase initially once it started. Weird, but I'm noticing the speed increase now.
    -Music was not working. I didn't notice it until Timepiece didn't wake me up this morning. I opened up Music Player Remix (after I was forced to get ready for work in 5 mins), and it wouldn't even start playing anything. I did a device restart and music started working again. I've never had an issue with music not playing until this patch so there may be something going on. But again, restart fixed it. Hopefully it's still working in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by utdps View Post
    Not sure if there is a issues thread, so I'll post some of my issues here. First, awesome patch. Works great and unnoticeable battery difference, except for a few issues:
    -I did a device restart after the luna restart, but for some reason, I didn't notice the speed increase until it had been running for about 10 mins. There was no speed increase initially once it started. Weird, but I'm noticing the speed increase now.
    -Music was not working. I didn't notice it until Timepiece didn't wake me up this morning. I opened up Music Player Remix (after I was forced to get ready for work in 5 mins), and it wouldn't even start playing anything. I did a device restart and music started working again. I've never had an issue with music not playing until this patch so there may be something going on. But again, restart fixed it. Hopefully it's still working in the morning.
    i would try the 720 patch your cpu may not be able to handle the 800 patch.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
  15. js2
    Really, really good job!
    How can I tell on my pre what cpu mhz i am running. I upgraded to the 800 mhz and it ran great and I did something wrong a week later and had to doctor the phone to factory settings. Would that erase the 800 MHz and do I need to update it again?
    I got my first temp warning today. Listening to drPodder on the Touchstone. As soon as I took it off the temp went back down to the low 30s.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I'm sorry, for some reason I'm having trouble download from that link.

Do I need to sign up or something from that website?

Was the 800 Mhz patch removed from the website.

I discovered that the 720 patch link is working?

Thanks!

Rob
    i have the same problem
    OK folks, the video originally posted Friday comparing stock 500MHz Pre to overclocked 800MHz Pre is back up, check it out here: YouTube - Palm Pre Battle: 800MHz vs 500MHz
    Last edited by dslunceford; 03/31/2010 at 09:34 AM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by safrits View Post
    How can I tell on my pre what cpu mhz i am running. I upgraded to the 800 mhz and it ran great and I did something wrong a week later and had to doctor the phone to factory settings. Would that erase the 800 MHz and do I need to update it again?
    take the battery out, and look at thge white sticker, it will give you the speed u are running on