Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 636869707172737475767778 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    i didnt catch this but what if i doctored my phone and the 800 mhz patch was still on what would happen? do i need to reinstall the patch or i cant? does that mean my pre is fish fried? please let me know ..in the process of doctoring..
    you could have erased the knowledge of the kernel in your phone and in order to uninstall it you will have to resend the kernel file to your phone thats about it but try to uninstall with out sending file again first
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/29/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Well, it was this patch, not my theme.

When I hit enter on the quick install, it said installing, then said a lot of stuff including 'write error' the phone went black, rebooted, and came back with a big "!" screen.

I am Doctoring it now, can't be bothered to put all my custom icons and scrims back on, will take too long, gonna keep the original one, got it perfect as well >.<

Will have to remember all the apps I downloaded too, ****.
    all your app catalog apps will be reloaded through backup , but you can still load the patch up now and it should work just fine. its really not that bad at all man.... oh it was not the patch it was something you did wrong .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I know that this is off topic, but are you able to port android to the palm pre? Please let me know, Thanks!
    Well it wasn't anything I did wrong FYI.

I watched the video, read through all the steps, followed each perfectly. I doctored it, and the speed patch worked this time, perhaps there was an error hiding somewhere in the device.

Not that bothered about the theme tbh, I like the stock theme a lot too, and my apps havent been backed up for some reason :S only my music/photos. weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Well it wasn't anything I did wrong FYI.

I watched the video, read through all the steps, followed each perfectly. I doctored it, and the speed patch worked this time, perhaps there was an error hiding somewhere in the device.

Not that bothered about the theme tbh, I like the stock theme a lot too, and my apps havent been backed up for some reason :S only my music/photos. weird.
    thats odd ? well its easy enough to load the apps but thats weird
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Similar times here:
    cold boot 1:30
    reboot 1:45

By the way, I'm not sure if you got my previous message but you donated $ 15.
    I did not realize you did that.
    I appreciate that a lot.
    Thank you.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

I think the Plus has got the win.
    When does the voting end exactly?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    i believe its over now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It still has the option to vote.

and I just voted on my Pre, so it's not over.
    its not letting me do anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Didn't you get banned from voting??
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Didn't you get banned from voting??
    Lol.
    actually yes i did lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I didn't have time to be checking the battery monitor app a lot today, but here's what happened: At 9 AM the phone was off the touchstone 100% charged. 15 minutes of the music app on the train while in airplane mode, a single 4-minute phone call in the middle of the morning, 5-10 e-mails and a couple of txts and by 2 PM I got the 20% battery warning. I keep GPS off, wifi on (strong signal), bluetooth off and force the phone to roam only in my work (horrible Sprint signal). I re-charged the phone for about an hour (I think it reached ~70% charge). Light usage the rest of the afternoon (except for about 5 minutes of audio streaming) and when I walked into the grocery store on my way home I was already down to 30% battery. I wanted to check my route on google maps and within five minutes (launching app, allowing location services, input destination, looked at different trips, etc.) the phone gave me the 20% battery warning, the 10% battery warning and the "about to shut down" warning all in succession. I also lost the icons on the top of the screen (no battery icon, no signal or network icon and no time). Even though my battery life has been very bad lately, this had never happened before. I did a clean OS installation before installing the 720 MHz patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhausenpre View Post
    I didn't have time to be checking the battery monitor app a lot today, but here's what happened: At 9 AM the phone was off the touchstone 100% charged. 15 minutes of the music app on the train while in airplane mode, a single 4-minute phone call in the middle of the morning, 5-10 e-mails and a couple of txts and by 2 PM I got the 20% battery warning. I keep GPS off, wifi on (strong signal), bluetooth off and force the phone to roam only in my work (horrible Sprint signal). I re-charged the phone for about an hour (I think it reached ~70% charge). Light usage the rest of the afternoon (except for about 5 minutes of audio streaming) and when I walked into the grocery store on my way home I was already down to 30% battery. I wanted to check my route on google maps and within five minutes (launching app, allowing location services, input destination, looked at different trips, etc.) the phone gave me the 20% battery warning, the 10% battery warning and the "about to shut down" warning all in succession. I also lost the icons on the top of the screen (no battery icon, no signal or network icon and no time). Even though my battery life has been very bad lately, this had never happened before. I did a clean OS installation before installing the 720 MHz patch.
    try running the repair utility on your phone it may catch any glitches you may or may not have
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    The boot time talk got me to time my reboot....almost 3 minutes exactly, that is from the second I hit restart. Not as bad I guess.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Worked great for me....easy install too......I especially love the way it speeds up the photo scrolling
    does this patch run only when something is running? Or does it run at 800 also while idle?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    Is there another download site. My work computer keeps blocking the mediafire site.
    I'm having the same problem. Any solution?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I installed the 720MHz mod, appreciated the improved overall speed. Based on my finger tip sense of phone temperature, and my frequency of streaming podcasts, music, and navigation, I decided to uninstall the mod.Thanks for the great overclocking work! I think the 75000+ reads on this thread is a good indicator for Palm about improvements Pre consumers are very interested in.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I had the 800 patch installed. I had a lot of heat issues. I was getting high temp warnings from jason's patch especially when streaming audio or video. the performance was great although battery drain was accelerated. i just downgraded to the 720 patch. i'll update when i have more experience but it seems to be a better performance/battery life ratio