Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 22 626768697071727374757677 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2468
    @Intersx Are you typing in the file name with the same case sensitivity as the file you downloaded? Maybe the "z" should be lowercase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hey everybody. Have you all sent $10 or $20 to the developer of this blazing-fast kernel?

Let's face it, that's how we convince developers to do stuff like this. They spent man-months working on this, and they are working 7/24 supporting this thread. Let's make sure that the iPhone developers know that it's better over here. We do that by rewarding this kind of hard work and quality.

I think they are approaching 10,000 people that have installed this thing. Make sure they are covering their time and costs. Heck, did you see those video tutorials and instructions? Those take a lot of time!

Then hop over the laptopmag and vote for the Pre so we can beat the BB Bold in the current voting:

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Man, I need to give you a job drumming up donations for Preware and WebOS Internals ....

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Man, I need to give you a job drumming up donations for Preware and WebOS Internals ....

-- Rod
    I would prefer WebOS Internals getting ALL donations.
    Live free or DIE!
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 50% (6,434 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 50% (6,436 votes)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (TMO) 50% (6,462 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 50% (6,501 votes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes more mods =slower boots thats per caj2008
    Hardly any mods. I probably have to redoctor next week cause I'll be left out of the Paid AppCat, so I have to figure a way out to get in. So just installed basic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hardly any mods. I probably have to redoctor next week cause I'll be left out of the Paid AppCat, so I have to figure a way out to get in. So just installed basic stuff.
    why are you left out of the app catalog ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Right now I am running the 800 and am thinking of jumping to the 720. I see no real point to be at 800 if the 720 might make the device last that much longer. Though the battery temp has rarely hit over 35. Generally it stays around 26ish.

What does everyone else think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    why are you left out of the app catalog ?
    I'm unofficial...
    Will the restart required by this patch erase my device?
    Quote Originally Posted by mnsherick View Post
    Will the restart required by this patch erase my device?
    no i wont erase but make sure you just restart the device and not erase it lol. you know hold down power button and power off the phone then power on the phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just installed. WOW! I am diggin' this! Thanks!
    Just wondering if this is in Preware or QuickInstall?

Don't think I have the knowhow to follow that guide well enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post

if you read it and take notes its really quite easy especially since there is photo directions on the first page
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post

Unfortunately it's not in Preware, but you can install it through QI by simply following the instructions on page 1 of this thread.. I, myself am a noob when it comes to Pre - I'm still learning how to tweak it and stuff.. And I managed to download the patch successfully by following the instructions..
    Great job seems to have about a 3% increase in battery drain but I expected more. Seems like it fixed the webOS 1.4 lock screen issue for me. I have been running for 3 days and have not had any issues with the lock screen. Longest time yet!
    Well I tried it, and my Pre is bricked.

Got an "! www.palm.com/ROM" screen. Thanks.

Got to doctor it now and sort my custom theme out and reinstall everything.
    I've noticed a significant loss in battery life since I installed the patch. The first day was ok, but since then it has been worse. Is anyone else using the patch and running the facebook beta app? I suspect the facebook beta app is using more background processing updating the new feed and such.
    i didnt catch this but what if i doctored my phone and the 800 mhz patch was still on what would happen? do i need to reinstall the patch or i cant? does that mean my pre is fish fried? please let me know ..in the process of doctoring..
    Well, it was this patch, not my theme.

When I hit enter on the quick install, it said installing, then said a lot of stuff including 'write error' the phone went black, rebooted, and came back with a big "!" screen.

I am Doctoring it now, can't be bothered to put all my custom icons and scrims back on, will take too long, gonna keep the original one, got it perfect as well >.<

Will have to remember all the apps I downloaded too, ****.