Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 616667686970717273747576 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Hmm...I've got the 720mhz patch for quite a few days now, great results. Only thing I notice wrong is, I've tested the CPU it IS running at the 720Mhz...but boot time is EXACTLY the same while I read it's supposed to boot up at 800Mhz...any idea here guys, am I doing something wrong?
    At 500mhz, I'm at about 5 minutes. At 720 it was about 3 minutes. Cold start was the same at 800mhz, but Luna restarts were a little quicker between 720 and 800.

What has your time been for cold start from power off (numbers I mentioned above) and Luna restarts...?

Also, please vote and send this thread to everyone you know!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    After a few searches, and only finding 1 person stating they had a problem the same as mine, I figured I say it again:

After installing the 800, my speaker pops, and the speaker phone is completely useless. It was perfectly fine before the patch install as I had just used the speaker phone before install.

Other than this issue, the patch is awesome! It really could be just an odd coinsidence, but I haven't considered uninstalling it to find out. I might do that today, but we'll just see.
    As stated before, that has to do with the hardware of the phone.
    It has nothing to do with this patch.
    Plenty of people have had this issue before the 720 and 800MHz were even heard of around here.
    You might have to take it into the Sprint store to get a replacement phone to fix that issue.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    At 500mhz, I'm at about 5 minutes. At 720 it was about 3 minutes. Cold start was the same at 800mhz, but Luna restarts were a little quicker between 720 and 800.

What has your time been for cold start from power off (numbers I mentioned above) and Luna restarts...?

Also, please vote and send this thread to everyone you know!

Wow 5 mins stock??
    mine was just under 3 mins stock, like 2:45.
    With 800MHz installed I get about 1:30-1:45
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Ah it's only about 15-20 seconds? That could be I guess...and Luna restarts have been a bit faster. Maybe it IS working I just expected like you know, insanely low boot up times. I've already voted btw ;-) on both PC and Phone.
    Working great here too.. love it!

You guys are awesome, thanks..

(ohh and I agree with ^above^)
    I've been tweaking palms since the old m505's. and the first piece of advice is research research research, look at your device, oh and research again; before you mod.
    Last edited by cruiser411; 03/29/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    You posted this three times....I gave you an easy solution which you have yet to do. The problem is you are too new to the platform. I dont recommend anyone use this software who are that new and don't know to use WebOS Dr properly. This patch should only be installed on a clean OS (see page 1)!! The problem you mention is easily correctible. I had three others who had the same issue and now are running the patch happily.

Please dont use the patch if you dont understand the risks associated with install (see page 1).
    Just for clarification, what do you mean by "This patch should only be installed on a clean OS (see page 1)!!"??? I have patches??
    Hey everybody. Have you all sent $10 or $20 to the developer of this blazing-fast kernel?

Let's face it, that's how we convince developers to do stuff like this. They spent man-months working on this, and they are working 7/24 supporting this thread. Let's make sure that the iPhone developers know that it's better over here. We do that by rewarding this kind of hard work and quality.

I think they are approaching 10,000 people that have installed this thing. Make sure they are covering their time and costs. Heck, did you see those video tutorials and instructions? Those take a lot of time!

Then hop over the laptopmag and vote for the Pre so we can beat the BB Bold in the current voting:

Thanks... I was hoping you didn't mean clean/free from patches. I've been watching on the sidelines, and may try the patch. Seems intriguing! But I may be in the minority in that the overall speed of the Pre is pretty good to me. Only annoying thing these days is the camera shutter sound occurs waaaayyyy after the pic is taken - but doesn't seem to affect when the actual pic was taken. This popped up after 1.4.

I will probably try your patch after the next update to 1.4. In the back of my mind, I am sort of nervous that if I put in your patch - and get used to the enhanced speed/performance - that if it has to be removed, I'll then really notice and compare and think my Pre is now slow

In any case, congrats/thanks to both of you for developing performance enhancements to what is already an amazing phone and operating system

Hey everybody. Have you all sent $10 or $20 to the developer of this blazing-fast kernel?

Let's face it, that's how we convince developers to do stuff like this. They spent man-months working on this, and they are working 7/24 supporting this thread. Let's make sure that the iPhone developers know that it's better over here. We do that by rewarding this kind of hard work and quality.

I think they are approaching 10,000 people that have installed this thing. Make sure they are covering their time and costs. Heck, did you see those video tutorials and instructions? Those take a lot of time!

Then hop over the laptopmag and vote for the Pre so we can beat the BB Bold in the current voting:

Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Wow 5 mins stock??
    mine was just under 3 mins stock, like 2:45.
    With 800MHz installed I get about 1:30-1:45
    Similar times here:
    cold boot 1:30
    reboot 1:45

By the way, I'm not sure if you got my previous message but you donated $ 15.
    Let's make sure you all use your lightning-fast new 800mhz Pre to donate to these guys. I can't believe they don't charge for this. Heck, I can't believe they don't charge for Preware, too.

My iPhoney friends see what this community produces and the level of customizing patches available, and they are envious. Let's steal all of the iPhone developers!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Similar times here:
    cold boot 1:30
    reboot 1:45

By the way, I'm not sure if you got my previous message but you donated $ 15.
    Wow, those are good boot times. I'm not seeing that level of speed. Of course, I may be including some of the shut-down time in that, as well.
    Tip: Does everyone remember to hit the "enter" key when pasting the install string (sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install) into the command line?

Every now and then I forget and hit the "close" button, and then I say, Wuh happened???? And then I remember that I'm apparently an *****....

Remember to hit "enter"...
    Quote Originally Posted by djcuervo78 View Post
    Command: put file///var/home/root/800MHZOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed
    I have the same problem. I can load the 720 patch, but not the 800 patch. It gives me the "Command: put file///var/home/root/800MHZOS14.sh Reply:file open failed" error.

Did you find a fix?
    Wow, those are good boot times. I'm not seeing that level of speed. Of course, I may be including some of the shut-down time in that, as well.
    All shutdown seconds are included in my reboot time.
    That's why it takes longer than a cold boot.
    You will love this kernel. It is amazing. Most of us have LOTS of patches and mods on our phones, and the faster kernel installs perfectly.

I shut off the shutter sound because it was never synched all that well. I just look for the flash to go off, and then I know it's taken the picture. It's still way off in timing with the patch, which indicates it a problem in the camera application that was introduced when they added video capture. There is a patch to turn off the camera shutter sound. You might like that better.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Thanks... I was hoping you didn't mean clean/free from patches. I've been watching on the sidelines, and may try the patch. Seems intriguing! But I may be in the minority in that the overall speed of the Pre is pretty good to me. Only annoying thing these days is the camera shutter sound occurs waaaayyyy after the pic is taken - but doesn't seem to affect when the actual pic was taken. This popped up after 1.4.

I will probably try your patch after the next update to 1.4. In the back of my mind, I am sort of nervous that if I put in your patch - and get used to the enhanced speed/performance - that if it has to be removed, I'll then really notice and compare and think my Pre is now slow

In any case, congrats/thanks to both of you for developing performance enhancements to what is already an amazing phone and operating system
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    All shutdown seconds are included in my reboot time.
    That's why it takes longer than a cold boot.
    Those are still impressive times! Do you have lots of mods or themes installed? I wonder if that would slow my shutdown/restart time?

It's still twice as fast as it is at 500mhz, so I'm more than happy with that.

I just can't get over the quality and stability of the 800mhz kernel.
    congrats jeff on the 10,000 download !!!!! thats sweet !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Those are still impressive times! Do you have lots of mods or themes installed? I wonder if that would slow my shutdown/restart time?

It's still twice as fast as it is at 500mhz, so I'm more than happy with that.

I just can't get over the quality and stability of the 800mhz kernel.
    yes more mods =slower boots thats per caj2008
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hey everyone, we are within a few votes of taking the lead back in the voting. Be SURE you vote soon, and tell your friends! We can pull off another upset like the crushing defeat that the Pre handed out to the Google Nexus.

Don't forget to vote, and vote from your phone. It's funny that they blackberry users can't actually vote from their phones, but Pre users can!!!

i would vote but i got kicked off for to many votes lol , i have my nose in the corner because im on time out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη