Page 69 of 124 FirstFirst ... 19 596465666768697071727374 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2468
    Sorry for the multiple posts. My computer kept telling me that I had timed out.
    I was running my Sprint Navigation and music (while hooked up to the car charger) and I kept getting the temperature alarm. When the phone is completely charged, will it overheat if you leave it plugged in to a power source?
    Quote Originally Posted by dancin126 View Post
    I was running my Sprint Navigation and music (while hooked up to the car charger) and I kept getting the temperature alarm. When the phone is completely charged, will it overheat if you leave it plugged in to a power source?
    It is possible, the phone radio is what heats up the device the most, while a charging method is probably the second highest heat conductor.

When you use Navigation it is constantly streaming data(using the phone radio) and this usage also discharges the battery(along with the music playing) which causes the device to recharge so you're kind of doubling up on heat methods. Just be watchful, and if you can last for a little while without charging while using the navigation I'd suggest you consider that.
    its really fast, but i notice that after install the 800mhz patch, the patch list i was installed in preware was gone... only the list, because the patchs that i installed are still installed.... its weird, only that is the problem i detected, i hope this'll
    not represent a real problem...
    Thks caj and marco for the good work.......

someone else have the same problem???
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Had an interesting chain of events today..

I woke up and unplugged my phone then went back to sleep for an hour. When I got back up my battery was down to 72% and completely sluggish, much slower than w/o the 800.

The only thing I could think of is that I ran RepairUtility the night before and forgot to take it out of DevMode. I know that shouldn't be an issue but I have always noticed that when in DM my phone is kinda buggy and goes in/out of holding a phone connection.

At 4:30am Preset Reset went off. Why that would conflict with DM being on I don't know but when I went to shut DM off, which took like ten times tapping on reset, it said it was off but connected with QI. I let it reset and then it said it was on but would not connect to QI. Complete reverse for some reason and still buggy.

Preware keep saying that PackageManagerService was not installed and would not load as well.

I then turned off DM (which was really on) and un/reinstalled PMS and PW. Still same results.

What else could I do? I just decided to uninstall the 800kernal, ran RU again and now everything is back to normal but at slow stock speed. Funny how after only a couple days of using the 800 that stock speed is noticeably different when you back step.

Soooo, I hope this was just a DevMode thing and not the 800 going screwy on me. I am going to reinstall it despite my experience and regardless if Plam does not recommend it.

Anyone else have any related DevMode being on too long issues? Or was running RU with the 800 the issue?
    Any insight is appreciated.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    caj2008, unixpsycho!

Just curious:
    Given the fact the use of your Linux App (Jason?) is "neither endorsed nor recommended by Palm", could they programmatically prevent users from applying it in future firmware versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    caj2008, unixpsycho!

Just curious:
    Given the fact the use of your Linux App (Jason?) is "neither endorsed nor recommended by Palm", could they programmatically prevent users from applying it in future firmware versions?
    they " could" make it harder, but there's always a way around.. Anyways, I highly doubt palm would do such thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    they " could" make it harder, but there's always a way around.. Anyways, I highly doubt palm would do such thing..
    Uhm...

1. Blacklight found a way to download free apps outside your region.
    - Palm blocked that.
    2. The TonyCipriani's method of <<Checking the "Request for Confidentiality" document>>
    - Palm blocked that (not sure - someone pls confirm?)
    3. I'm supposed to get fw updates before anyone else does.
    - Palm blocked that (I still don't have 1.4.1)

There's probably more examples but I'm ignorant (I was told that yesterday).
    Anyway, my first example should be more than enough not to trust Palm to not do something...

EDIT: So I was hoping the answer would be "NO, they can't do anything"
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    caj2008, unixpsycho!

Just curious:
    Since the Linux kernel is GPL, then the source for the kernel (and also for the 800MHz patch) must always be available for future kernel versions.

As long as the bootloader is not cryptographically locked (like the iPhone) we can always replace the kernel with a patched version.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Had an interesting chain of events today..

I woke up and unplugged my phone then went back to sleep for an hour. When I got back up my battery was down to 72% and completely sluggish, much slower than w/o the 800.

The only thing I could think of is that I ran RepairUtility the night before and forgot to take it out of DevMode. I know that shouldn't be an issue but I have always noticed that when in DM my phone is kinda buggy and goes in/out of holding a phone connection.

At 4:30am Preset Reset went off. Why that would conflict with DM being on I don't know but when I went to shut DM off, which took like ten times tapping on reset, it said it was off but connected with QI. I let it reset and then it said it was on but would not connect to QI. Complete reverse for some reason and still buggy.

Preware keep saying that PackageManagerService was not installed and would not load as well.

I then turned off DM (which was really on) and un/reinstalled PMS and PW. Still same results.

What else could I do? I just decided to uninstall the 800kernal, ran RU again and now everything is back to normal but at slow stock speed. Funny how after only a couple days of using the 800 that stock speed is noticeably different when you back step.

Soooo, I hope this was just a DevMode thing and not the 800 going screwy on me. I am going to reinstall it despite my experience and regardless if Plam does not recommend it.

Anyone else have any related DevMode being on too long issues? Or was running RU with the 800 the issue?
    Any insight is appreciated.. .
    I always suggest uninstalling any kernel (apps patches) before running anything like web doc or webos repair utility its just safer in my opinion. So run the utility then reinstall the kernel and see what happens. I stay away from preset reset personaly because it messed me up with brighteness when it was not working . So maybe leave out preset app for a few days and see if that does not help.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since the Linux kernel is GPL, then the source for the kernel (and also for the 800MHz patch) must always be available for future kernel versions.

As long as the bootloader is not cryptographically locked (like the iPhone) we can always replace the kernel with a patched version.

-- Rod
    Also a major benefit of going with WebOS, I'm guessing, is that Palm wanted an open platform to encourage app/patch development. thorne
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I always suggest uninstalling any kernel (apps patches) before running anything like web doc or webos repair utility its just safer in my opinion. So run the utility then reinstall the kernel and see what happens. I stay away from preset reset personaly because it messed me up with brighteness when it was not working . So maybe leave out preset app for a few days and see if that does not help.
    This thread got big fast so I probably missed that info.
    I plan to reinstall 800 tomor and will cut back from daily PRPRPR $restarts$.
    I will post back if I have any issues but it sounds like my problem was diagnosed pretty well.. .
    Thanks again.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    This thread got big fast so I probably missed that info.
    I plan to reinstall 800 tomor and will cut back from daily PRPRPR $restarts$.
    I will post back if I have any issues but it sounds like my problem was diagnosed pretty well.. .
    Thanks again.
    do you have apps in preset that are scheduled to restart on every luna resart ? If so you may want to make sure brightness unlinked is updated it had issue with staying running and shuting down every 15 seconds and with preset running it was restart it evrytime keepingt it running and causing my battery to drain lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Really?
    Ya I don't have anly apps set to restart but I do use BU with the complimentary patch but did not update that yet as it has worked okay for me and it states being cautious on updating.
    So your sayin that it's cool to update BU and it works better with the patch?
    I would update bu for sure if you have not . The patch if that's what your using just keeps starting the older non updated version. And it will cause a drain . If you already updated the bu then don't worry about it . It was just updated two or three days ago to work properly maybe 4 not sure. Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Good deal, I just updated and it's working fine.
    I was getting random dash alerts that BU was running so hopefully that will stop now.. .
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Had the kernel as beta tester in 1.3.5 and now final on 1.4. Absolutely no issue so far except battery drain. But this was known and is no issue at all. If you want to have speed the battery will drain faster. Thats the deal. On any device!!
    sorry im not using this anymore. I first installed it when it was first released and then the last couple of days my phone has been freezing constantly, random restarts and my phone goes offline. I just removed it and magically my phone is back online. No problems with battery draining any faster though. but yea it was a good patch to try out and see how palms next fone will hopefully be as fast. but this patch is not for me. anyone else having the same problem??
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    sorry im not using this anymore. I first installed it when it was first released and then the last couple of days my phone has been freezing constantly, random restarts and my phone goes offline. I just removed it and magically my phone is back online. No problems with battery draining any faster though. but yea it was a good patch to try out and see how palms next fone will hopefully be as fast. but this patch is not for me. anyone else having the same problem??
    Nope.
    Is there another download site. My work computer keeps blocking the mediafire site.