Page 68 of 124 FirstFirst ... 18 586364656667686970717273 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2468
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    There is info in the first post of this thread on testing. However, I found it quite obvious when using the phone. Open apps and see how quickly they load.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    whats a good way to tell if its installed?

let re post, whats the easiest?
    type into linux command line exactly ( cat /proc/cpuinfo )
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok I got BogoMIPS 796.91 I assume that's the CPU speed. I tried that the first day but it would not come up. I must have typed it wrong. Thank Shadavis08 you rock.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    no problem
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah I think you have replied to just about every post I have had. Your the best, and all of the other people that help make this device this great.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Waa.. its really fast, but i notice that after install the 800mhz patch, the patch list i was installed in preware was gone... only the list, because the patchs that i installed are still installed.... its weird, only that is the problem i detected, i hope this'll
    not represent a real problem...

Thks caj and marco for the good work.......

someone else have the same problem???
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    800 working fine here
    hey guys so i had 800mhz running before i messed up my phone and i had to Doctor it. now after i have finsih reinstalling everyhthing.. am i still running 800mhz or do i need to rerun the patch... please help.. my phone seems pretty quick.. not sure if its because i just Doctor my phone.... or the overclock patch is till on...
    thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    hey guys so i had 800mhz running before i messed up my phone and i had to Doctor it. now after i have finsih reinstalling everyhthing.. am i still running 800mhz or do i need to rerun the patch... please help.. my phone seems pretty quick.. not sure if its because i just Doctor my phone.... or the overclock patch is till on...
    thanks..
    Use WebOSQuickInstall to open a linux command line and type in the command Shadavis gave above (cat /proc/cpuinfo )
    It is pretty cool. But for guys like me that are always streaming music in my car, it is not too good. The temp script always pops up after 10 or so minutes. During a single day, it popped up three times. So I guess if you don't stream too much or run several apps at the same time, it is ok. Maybe an application with a toggle to change from 500 to 720 or 800 will do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Use WebOSQuickInstall to open a linux command line and type in the command Shadavis gave above (cat /proc/cpuinfo )
    what line do i look for?
    what line do i look for?

BogoMIPS : 498.07

does this mean i am back to 500MHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by arenal View Post
    It is pretty cool. But for guys like me that are always streaming music in my car, it is not too good. The temp script always pops up after 10 or so minutes. During a single day, it popped up three times. So I guess if you don't stream too much or run several apps at the same time, it is ok. Maybe an application with a toggle to change from 500 to 720 or 800 will do the job.
    the only time that the temp thing popped up for me was playing a game while playing online...it went to 46 celcius...but for me when i stream music...i havent gotten it...just turn on the ac in ur car and ure good hehe
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

After two days with the 800 MHz, I was getting fantastic speeds but really bad battery drains. Since it was already bad before installation of the patch (worse than the average battery drain from what I see in the forums) I decided the battery issue was probably unrelated to the 800 MHz patch and instead something left behind by an app or a patch was causing it. So I erased the backup in my profile and did a secure erase of the phone, except that stupidly I failed to uninstall the patch first (or run EPR). So I had to doctor my phone and after that I re-installed the patch (this time the 720 MHz just to see if that would give me better battery). So far so good, apps load almost as fast as with the 800 MHz patch (browser and camera blow my mind) and no heating issues at all. Not really worried about Palm's warnings, I agree they may be covering their bases legally here, while indirecting pointing people to the overclocking patches. Being the cheap curmudgeon I usually am, it's surprising that I'm considering a donation to the fine effort by these guys.
    BogoMIPS : 498.07

does this mean i am back to 500MHz?
    Yes. You will need to patch your device again.

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    A clean OS is the key to success
    This is why I doctored before I did the 800Mhz patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Yes. You will need to patch your device again.

This is why I doctored before I did the 800Mhz patch.

Thanks Boss,
    i went ahead and reinstall it..
    thank you again
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arenal View Post
    Install the CPU Scaler, http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html

It's an app that you can just tap and set the CPU range. Should do just what you want.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    A clean OS is the key to success
    I kind of chuckle when i here this now, and it (or something like it basically) is said all over this forum. With 1.4 of webOS though I am not sure it is 100% true. Sure it is the way to go with problems, I don't argue that, I just laugh about it when thinking of my personal experience....

Got this Pre (my 2nd) on June 29, 2009. I had never taken the phone to the doctor until 1.4 came out, with a long history of patches, themes, etc. Three days after 1.4 came out and my phone running great (not a single bug showing the whole time) I had the bright idea to doctor the phone to see if it would be even better. To make this short, I doctored the phone and since then have had about 4 of the more annoying 1.4 bugs.
    Hello all, Just installed the .sh file and ready to do a speed test.
    After inputing (cat /proc/cpuinfo) a got BogoMIPS : 796.91, is this the correct line that tells your speed?

Thanks
    I am unable to bring up your website so I can install the overclocking patch. Nothing comes up on when I click links or type in your website directly. I'm hoping it is only down for maintenance and not for some other problem. I was away on an extended weekend without my laptop, so I was unable to download this when I first read all the hype last week.

Please advise. Thanks.