Page 67 of 124 FirstFirst ... 17 576263646566676869707172 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2468
    you know... i just donated 5 bucks and thought i would donate another 5 for a 1Ghz patch....

might that be coming down the pipe anytime soon Caj??

just wondering.....
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    you know... i just donated 5 bucks and thought i would donate another 5 for a 1Ghz patch....

just wondering.....
    no it wont happen its already been discussed its not logical because the IO bottlenecks and can only go so fast
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes, but the total time it takes to load it is what, 1 min. not to bad ?! lol
    yeah its not bad I just want to make sure I have it done right. Thanks for the help.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    no it wont happen its already been discussed its not logical because the IO bottlenecks and can only go so fast
    never?

just wondering.....
    well you could donate more so that when the next update comes out they can spend more time on the update to the kernels ?!

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    yeah its not bad I just want to make sure I have it done right. Thanks for the help.
    your welcome !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    so when you unistall it also removes the file that you send to the device in the first step.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    when you install the kernel your just replacing the script and when you uninstall the kernel your just replaceing the script with the original script . get it?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    when you install the kernel your just replacing the script and when you uninstall the kernel your just replaceing the script with the original script . get it?
    yeah, so just follow the directions and I can't go wrong.
    well you could donate more so that when the next update comes out they can spend more time on the update to the kernels ?!

your welcome !!

so your saying that when 1.5 or 1.4.1 comes out the 800mhz patch will not work?
    I'm so confused I don't know if I should listen to the Devs or Palm
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Listen to both. The devs say be careful. Palm says that if you do it, you might void your warranty. There is no conflict there.
    so your saying that when 1.5 or 1.4.1 comes out the 800mhz patch will not work?
    not saying it wont work but may need to be tweaked for sure thats why if you read the directions it says to uninstall before updating to next os number lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    not saying it wont work but may need to be tweaked for sure thats why if you read the directions it says to uninstall before updating to next os number lol

yeah sorry... have not read the directions since day 1 and that was many many many drinks ago....

lol

i will give another 5 bucks right now!
    First couple of hours with the 720 MHz patch. Temperature monitor actually has it a few degrees cooler then before patch

I'm curious to see how it does playing Pandora and using the nav software (which I usually have plug into my car adapter anyways so the battery shouldn't be a problem). But I can definitely sense the increased speed and smoothness with the applications. If it stays cool I might just go ahead and pump her up to 800 MHz with the next OS update (after uninstalling the patch first, of course, newbs).
    yeah sorry... have not read the directions since day 1 and that was many many many drinks ago....

lol

i will give another 5 bucks right now!
    lol thats too funny ha ha ah
    im sure caj2008 and unixpsycho thank you !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Just threw in $3. You guys deserve it. Thanks for all the hard work that made the kernel patch possible!

On the subject of the Palm press release concerning the kernel patch, it would have been awesome of them to add their own input. I'm sure that they did some in house testing at these higher frequencies, and having them give their reasons for choosing 500 MHz as the stock speed would have been nice. Whether it was battery life considerations, increased heat production, lowered hardware life, or whatever would have been useful information.
    No doubt. That would be some useful information.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    No doubt. That would be some useful information.
    i think the useful information was the LINK the gave directly to this thread ha ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm keeping my device overclocked. I understood the risks, Palm is just stating the obvious. Whenever you "overclock" a device beyond the original specs you are voiding the warranty. Palm supports the open community, but when going beyond the set specs imposed by the device, you run the risk of possibly causing some kind of damage that they are not prepared for or can support. I doubt Google or Motorola support the overclocking on the Droid either.

There are plenty of disclaimers regarding this modification, if you are not comfortable with the longevity of your device then don't install the patch and wait for OS updates to try and bring WebOS to a similar performance level. I do however don't fully agree with Chuq's statements about the rate OS updates have been released, ever since 1.1.0 it's been about month and a half to 2 months between major updates. While still pretty good, the reliability of rapid OS updates has slowly been diminishing.

your welcome !!
    gotcha! just gave another 5 bones

thanks,

James Irish
    whats a good way to tell if its installed?

let re post, whats the easiest?