Page 66 of 124 FirstFirst ... 16 566162636465666768697071 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2468
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Hey.. In chucks response.. he linked back here, so.. I would call it a side lipped compliment for those that can read between the lines. I mean hell.. it's right there on Palm's site. Looks like an advertising freebee to me.

P.S. They have to take this stance. It's a corporate world. When my boss is not happy about something I want to do, but understands why.. he just smirks at me and says "I have to tell you, no". With that smirk.. I know I'm clear to do as I want, at my own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Hey.. In chucks response.. he linked back here, so.. I would call it a side lipped compliment for those that can read between the lines. I mean hell.. it's right there on Palm's site. Looks like an advertising freebee to me.

P.S. They have to take this stance. It's a corporate world. When my boss is not happy about something I want to do, but understands why.. he just smirks at me and says "I have to tell you, no". With that smirk.. I know I'm clear to do as I want, at my own risk.
    they don't 'have' to take this stance, they could have just said...if you do it, it voids warrenty...as i said, they should embrase web 2.0 philosophy and not have to seem 'corporate'...their are no advantages of that!Also, they explicitly don't recommend you instal this, therefore..for 'non dev' webOS users who won't read between the lines will avoid this patch...and tech sites will report it as not recommended!So all in all, i think poorly handled!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have all of you sent $10 or $15 to the developers for the months of work they did and the constant help they are providing in this thread???

cowboy up, people!
    Sent $10 a few hours ago...sorry it's not more but I gotta' see how broken down my wife's car is on Monday.

Jim
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Just took the plunge. Seems really great so far, and I'll report back when I've had a day or so to see how it's holding up. Really nice and snappy, though.

As for Palm's comments - they really have to say that don't they? If they say "It's great" and people do something that kills their phone, then they have a problem. This way, we were "warned" and it's on us if things die.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has helped with this.
    Wow. This is how the pre should have worked out of the box! Just installed the 800mhz ... We'll see how it goes after a few days but my initial reaction is AWESOME!!

Thanks to the devs once again!
    just donated $5 to caj2008 developer of this awesome 800 Mhz patch!!! Everyone do the same if not done so!

Palm has to say not to install it, their lawyers probably have to CYA. Since the company's already not doing so well, the last thing they need are noobs who don't know what they are doing and void their warranty. I wouldn't expect them to say any different. It's like modding your car with an aftermarket chip reprogrammer or upgrade.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Loving the 720 patch, but I'm feeling greedy and installing the 800 right now.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    they don't 'have' to take this stance, they could have just said...if you do it, it voids warrenty...as i said, they should embrase web 2.0 philosophy and not have to seem 'corporate'...their are no advantages of that!Also, they explicitly don't recommend you instal this, therefore..for 'non dev' webOS users who won't read between the lines will avoid this patch...and tech sites will report it as not recommended!So all in all, i think poorly handled!
    Delusions man... No way would that be a smart thing to say from a legal standpoint. We all should know the risks and chances we take playing with any of these patches and apps. The question alone of whether this would void warranty, shows the reason for that comment from chuck. Of course it would void warranty! How could that even be questioned?

You don't think someone wondering about the patch won't come here and read the great reviews? I think the link in chucks comment will, on the contrary.. direct curious people here to research.
    Notice (thouh you cannot tell in your post) that Palm included the link to the P|C page to get these patches (see Palm's website and you will know what I mean) even as they distance themselves from the patch. Seems pretty clear that even as they are "saying" no they are "nodding" yes... a subtle way to separate themselves legally as they must at the same time that they actually point people to the patch to use it. And why not? The patch makes the Pre so much more usable and attractive. They just need "plausible deniability" in case of legal action against them.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Notice (thouh you cannot tell in your post) that Palm included the link to the P|C page to get these patches (see Palm's website and you will know what I mean) even as they distance themselves from the patch. Seems pretty clear that even as they are "saying" no they are "nodding" yes... a subtle way to separate themselves legally as they must at the same time that they actually point people to the patch to use it. And why not? The patch makes the Pre so much more usable and attractive. They just need "plausible deniability" in case of legal action against them.
    Exactly!
    i like how they put a link right directly to the threads about the overclocking directions in their post !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i like how they put a link right directly to the threads about the overclocking directions in their post !!
    That's exactly what I've been saying!
    as in C40 lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    To wanted to share my happiness with everyone. I have been running the 800mhz since say one and i am finally happy with my Pre on 1.4. The phone has not crashed or gotten hot once! The minimal reduction in battery life is more than offset by the amount of time gained from not having to wait for the dumb splash screen to load let alone all the apps.

speed = Oh L'amour

I just donated $5.00 bucks...THANKS CAJ and UNIX!

James Irish
    Last edited by delete2end; 03/28/2010 at 08:07 PM.
    I have two questions,

Does the temp monitor patch that checks every five minutes cause any battery drain?

I had the patch on for a day and uninstalled for some reason, do I have to re down the patch file and then re installed. I just ran the line of code in the linux command line and it seemed to work.

So the question is do I have to reinstall the download file after and an uninstall of this patch?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Just threw in $3. You guys deserve it. Thanks for all the hard work that made the kernel patch possible!

On the subject of the Palm press release concerning the kernel patch, it would have been awesome of them to add their own input. I'm sure that they did some in house testing at these higher frequencies, and having them give their reasons for choosing 500 MHz as the stock speed would have been nice. Whether it was battery life considerations, increased heat production, lowered hardware life, or whatever would have been useful information.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I have two questions,

Does the temp monitor patch that checks every five minutes cause any battery drain?

I had the patch on for a day and uninstalled for some reason, do I have to re down the patch file and then re installed. I just ran the line of code in the linux command line and it seemed to work.

So the question is do I have to reinstall the download file after and an uninstall of this patch?
    once you uninstall the patch(kernel , thats for you Jason lol) you have to resend the file to your phone then install it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    lmao i didn't even noticed that, for all the people that was not aware of it, they sure are now lol coming from palm them selfs. I love that they keep shooting them selfs in the feet.
    so you have to pretty much start over then.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    so you have to pretty much start over then.
    yes, but the total time it takes to load it is what, 1 min. not to bad ?! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη