Page 65 of 124 FirstFirst ... 15 556061626364656667686970 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2468
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just donated and wanted to say thanks so much to the developers and to the forum members that are helping answer questions. Long live WebOS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    We have reached 9000+ downloads of the patches!
    that is amazing,have not tried it it but I will,,after the update. I am enjoying all the positive feedback it is getting,,cant wait to use it.
    Will try this tonight, when I get home. Awesome!
    How long does it take to put the file on the device? It's been going for a few minutes now and there's no feedback.
    We have reached 9000+ downloads of the patches!
    just kicked in $5 myself, I know it's not much but hopefully everyone who finds use out of this will be able to donate!
    For anyone worried about over-heating from recharging:

recharge your phone via USB cable - to computer. When the phone recharges from a computer, it pulls a LOT less power. It takes about 3 times as long to recharge my phone from a computer than the wall and I noticed it never gets hot.
    i use the touchstone to charge mine and it works just fine for me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    as stated before this a great thing all the dev has done so far with this patch, and others I have donated and insist that everyone who can donate as well. Keep up the great work.
    I'm very interested in this patch, BUT will be holding off until after 1.4.1 hits.

In thinking about that, I thought to ask this: Does this patch have to be removed before we upgrade?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
    I am actually an iPhone user... but my job got me a Pre for my work mobile ... installed the 720 patch and am loving the multitasking now and the overall speed. I would never leave my iPhone .. but I have to say, this makes the Pre so much more fun ... and I really do love the multitasking ... i was streaming public radio, checking twitter, sending e-mails and surfing the web at the same time ...
    Yes you have to for safety reasons.
    Someone will definitely post a reminder for the 720 and 800 posse members.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have been using this for a couple days without any issues, battery life, or heat....

One question... I think I read that you were working on streamlining this kernel upgrade, so, how do we know when that is available for us to try?
    Hey caj2008, Chuq at Palm made an official statement on this patch.

A statement on the “overclocking” patches | Palm Developer Center Blog

I think everything he states is understood, but I guess you might want to mention in the original post that this kind of patch can void the warranty on the device.
    Installed yesterday my average temp seems to be 30c on idle and 45c with moderate use but sometimes goes up to 48c when charging on the touchstone.Is this safe? and what is absolutely the highest temp one can reach before absolutely having to give the phone a good rest and not risk frying it.
    Two questions:
    1. Has anyone done any testing of the heat issue when you have a weak cell signal? I know my phone will get hot when I'm in weak areas.
    2. How does the heat issue affect the Pre when sitting on the touchstone all night? Sometimes I've found my Pre to be warm in the touchstone before the patch?

Other than that I love this patch. The main issue with the Pre is the sluggishness in the UI. This speed bump makes it respond great. I'm looking forward to an official patch through Preware. A self-adjusting CPU speed patch that goes up to 800 MHz and cools down when unneeded would be the ultimate patch.
    Hope everyone donates something toward this! WOW! My phone's a beast now...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

hi caj,
    just donated my 2000 cents, hope everyone that is using these GREAT patches will also donate.
    i hope u and uni keep up the great work. THANK YOU!!
    deesugar: I don't know about everyone else but after I installed the 720MHz Patch I don't get the "Sorry, Too Many Cards" error as much, almost never. The one time I did I flicked one card closed and everything seemed fine. In fact, I was able to open up twice as many cards after that. Normally I'd have problems with everything acting slow and have to do a Luna reset.

This is a huge difference from before.

Anyone else noticing this?

Kedar also pointed this out a while ago.

No more "Too many Cards" after 800mhz install.

See Kedars thread

I can actually run messaging + sims 3 at the same time with an original Pre!!!
    I have 800 patch.
    Hey caj remember I mentioned this when we were alpha testing and you told me to stop bragging. LOL!
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/28/2010 at 06:44 PM.
    I cant believe palm, they should be thanking and encouraging this patch, not telling people its not recommended!!!!They would have been better to say nothing, as now engadget and others will report that people shouldn't install this awesome update!!!!

I just don't understand palm!

*sigh* the dev community is all that will secure palms future IM-humble-O...FOOLS, they ruin the web 2.0 and semantic web philosophy with unnecessary web 1.0 business c-r-a-p
    I got a quick question. Im running Web OS repair Utility right now, when it is done do I have to install the kernal again?