Page 63 of 124 FirstFirst ... 13 535859606162636465666768 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2468
    when i type in sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install it says can't find
    i guess the next step would be to remove the file via the script below and reinstall via directions in post 1 to see if it works...anyone else have better suggestion?

rm /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh
    BogoMIPS : 796.91

Damnit ..... I thought this thing ran at 800!? haha ...... ssssswwweeeeeeeet!
    Just a suggestion to all who are unable to execute the installer for the Patch.
    1.) first make sure the patch is in the exact location you saved it to on your phone
    2.) make sure the patch has the proper permissions, for some reason when i downloaded mine to my linux server and then copied it to my Pre; the Patch no longer had executable permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcchristian View Post
    Just a suggestion to all who are unable to execute the installer for the Patch.
    1.) first make sure the patch is in the exact location you saved it to on your phone
    2.) make sure the patch has the proper permissions, for some reason when i downloaded mine to my linux server and then copied it to my Pre; the Patch no longer had executable permissions.
    If you execute with a preceding "sh" that ignores the execute bit.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    not much a poster here, but wanted to send thanks and will be donating at least 5bux for the effort....i'm poor. i haven't been able to see an increase yet as i've only had pre plus for 2weeks? so far my temp is at 33-34c idle. i have no idea what it was before the 800mhz, so i'll report back with my experience.
    omg my pre is freaking fast thanks guys.
    Update after 2 days: I'm now seeing those crazy loading speeds for browser, camera and other apps! I don't know if this helped but I removed my theme and restarted my Pre again and after that, things started to speed up. I'm monitoring temperature and it's been up to 44 C with somewhat heavy usage but not above that yet. Now I'm monitoring battery drain more carefully for the next update (it looks like it's getting a severe hit, but then again I'm using my Pre all the time to test its blinding speed).
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDDYISTHEBEST View Post
    it says i have it there but when i type it in it says sh: can't open /var/home/...
    Go to this post I made yesterday, and start with entering the command on 3-A.

http://forums.precentral.net/2333724-post901.html

It may have created a directory for you instead of just placing the file onto your device. Do the command listed at 3-A of my post and you can find out.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    root@palm-device: /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh.lnk
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh.lnk: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting")")....... i go in to command line and thats wat comes up... dont know what im doing wrong? .. help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Wanted iphone 3GS vs. overclocked Pre Video

I was wondering if you would like to help me in trying to put together a small video with 1-1.5 min segement of video showing the iphone 3GS opening identical apps on the Pre at 800 MHz (overclocked). This will be added to 4.5 min video both dslunceford and I are putting together for You Tube.

Minimum: open both phones same apps (3 apps) at same times with direct comparison of speed with no voiceover required showing advantages of 800 MHz Pre vs. iphone

Contact me please if you can do it!

Some suggestions
    internet opening speed
    pandora
    email
    anything where speed makes a difference
    Like i said in the other thread, i can do it either tomorrow, or monday, but can't test pandora since i live in canada
    Quote Originally Posted by vmonn View Post
    root@palm-device: /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh.lnk
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh.lnk: line 1: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting")")....... i go in to command line and thats wat comes up... dont know what im doing wrong? .. help please.
    the .lnk suggests the file you have is only a shortcut and not the actual file...make sure you download the actual file and follow the instructions on the first post.
    Okay well I did not use the phone much today and temp seems tp have stayed ok with just checking email and light tasks...

But I tried streaming a few You Tube videos (each maybe 1-2 minutes) and my temp jumped to 45 triggering the warning from the patch. I set it in airplane mode and tried again, same result.

Are others having this problem?

Unipsycho you posted a CLI you wanted me to run and paste here bt because I rhought it was running cooler I did not. I guess I should. Can't seem to find that post here. Can you remind me?

Caj8000 and Unipsycho any advice for me? I stream both video and audio a lot o still trying to figure this out.

Thanks!
    no screen protector, and since i have removed the patch I am having the same problem as before, the touch screen in not working. I don't think that the 800 patch is what is causing the problem. I am going to dr. the phone and start all over and see if the touch screen starts to work again, if it doesn't then it must be a hardware issue, right?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    no screen protector, and since i have removed the patch I am having the same problem as before, the touch screen in not working. I don't think that the 800 patch is what is causing the problem. I am going to dr. the phone and start all over and see if the touch screen starts to work again, if it doesn't then it must be a hardware issue, right?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    This could very well be the problem. There was a problem with the initial patch, and it had a successor in just a couple hours.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-warnings.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    There's the new patch, uninstall the recent one with Quick Install, and install the one provided above in my quoted post.

As stated my Jason himself, the recent patch was checking for the temp every millisecond instead of every 5 mins which caused the phone to act supppperrr laggy.

Thanks guys. I had gotten the first patch for sure. I had to doctor Pre because when I ran EPR, none of my patches were removed. So I sent this baby back to fac specs...I am going out of country for 2 weeks so I weeks so when I get back, I will install the 800 kernel and new temp monitor patch. Thanks for your help
    Thanks this patch is very amazing (running the 800MHz), you can absolutely notice the difference in speed. Kind of like having a brand new phone.

Now I'm just waiting on my Touchstone to come in the mail .

Thanks again.
    Thanks this patch is very amazing (running the 800MHz), you can absolutely notice the difference in speed. Kind of like having a brand new phone.

Now I'm just waiting on my Touchstone to come in the mail .

Thanks again.
    I love this patch...running the 800MHz!! Got to questions or better yet report of an issues (only two). 1) After loading the patch (followed directions to the T) I noticed I had numerous missed calls. No ringer or notifications. Only noticed when I went to make a call and saw them there. I had to restart phone twice before ringers started working again. 2) A sports reminder (Sports Calender App) came through and the phone freaked and restarted. What do you guys think. Small issues but should I worry. I get another reminder Sunday so I'll report back if it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Where can I find the app? I have checked it out at app catalog and preware but I don't see it?

Just like he said, it's better idea to uninstall the 800MHz patch before OS upgrade, however I don't believe it's necessary to remove all other patches before upgrading though; I have upgraded to 1.4 with patches on Pre without any problem.. I might be wrong, but I'm just giving my input..

Edit: About 10 hours went by after I installed the 800MHz patch; I decided to leave my Pre uncharged overnight (I had it charged to 100% before the exerpiment) and this morning, the battery went down to 88% with idling for about 10 hours.. I just realized my mistake, which was not monitoring my Pre without the patch first, so I am not really able to tell whether if there are any difference.. And Pre seems to be faster with opening programs/apps now.. So, so far, it's seem to be going well..
    in preware is where i ge the "fyzix" app. go to applications tap the all tab and type physics it should come up. if not check your feeds. this app runs on processing power so to see the difference I suggest try the app before the patch then after and you will see exactly what im talking about