Page 60 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2468
  1. z21
    z21 is offline
    z21's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    #1181  
    Second day of 800mhz patch and was just able to open 26 apps until receiving the too many cards notice.. until this patch I was only able to open 8 to 10 apps. This is amazing work.. thanks so much caj and unix!
  2. #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No, Darknight's install was bad. Its obvious from all the errors.
    Yup, looks that way. And running the "uninstall" option didn't work; it's still at 600 Mhz.

    Yay.
  3. #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No, Darknight's install was bad. Its obvious from all the errors.
    How about installs like mine (and coco's in the other thread) and someone else in this thread (can't remember name) who errored out on the cp line and ended up with 600MHz after reboot? Care to address my point about files that are not included in the 1.4 doctor?
  4. #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    BTW a great way to see speed differences is to run the "FYZIX" app.
    Where can I find the app? I have checked it out at app catalog and preware but I don't see it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    yes, i would uninstall this patch (and all others) before an os upgrade
    Just like he said, it's better idea to uninstall the 800MHz patch before OS upgrade, however I don't believe it's necessary to remove all other patches before upgrading though; I have upgraded to 1.4 with patches on Pre without any problem.. I might be wrong, but I'm just giving my input..

    Edit: About 10 hours went by after I installed the 800MHz patch; I decided to leave my Pre uncharged overnight (I had it charged to 100% before the exerpiment) and this morning, the battery went down to 88% with idling for about 10 hours.. I just realized my mistake, which was not monitoring my Pre without the patch first, so I am not really able to tell whether if there are any difference.. And Pre seems to be faster with opening programs/apps now.. So, so far, it's seem to be going well..
    Last edited by GridIron21; 03/27/2010 at 12:26 PM.
  5. #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Just like he said, it's better idea to uninstall the 800MHz patch before OS upgrade, however I don't believe it's necessary to remove all other patches before upgrading though; I have upgraded to 1.4 with patches on Pre without any problem.. I might be wrong, but I'm just giving my input..
    AUPT handles patches just fine.

    However, as I've mentioned, these overclock scripts aren't patches. Thus, these aren't covered by AUPt, and do need to be uninstalled prior to OS upgrade.


    Hope that clears up some confusion
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    How about installs like mine (and coco's in the other thread) and someone else in this thread (can't remember name) who errored out on the cp line and ended up with 600MHz after reboot? Care to address my point about files that are not included in the 1.4 doctor?
    the "cp" line is what actually copies the custom kernel into place. So of course, if it fails, after reboot it will be at random clock speeds. If for some unknown reason it cant open up the flash partition for write or the filesystem is full then its going to bomb. I have seen one person that had a full /boot partition! how the hell does that happen?

    There are *no* files in this release that are not included in the Dr. it makes changes to files already there. So if the install is attempted and fails the phone will have modified files that will not work as intended and will cause weird effects.

    I have done all my development on my Pre and had 3 kernels installed with different bootloading. I purposely did a Full Erase and doctored my Pre to see what is left behind. All traces of all kernels I had installed were gone.
    Live free or DIE!
  7. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #1187  
    I got my wife a Pre back in December but she hasn't done anything with patches. I told her about this one and she asked me to get hers patched up, so now we're both running at 800 and loving it. Thanks again!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  8. #1188  
    I'm running 800mhz and everything running great, no problems. Haven't noticed any overheating, doing some battery testing now. Do notice the improved speed. This is great!
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  9. #1189  
    Have been running the 800 mhz patch for about 3 days now, and had another little glitch today. As I had previously posted, with the original temp patch, my phone became slow and unresponsive, the main touchscreen. The shortcuts at the bottom of the screen would work, but the once the launcher was up, I couldn't click on the icon, nor could I swipe over to the next page until I did a reset. It was figured out that the battery temp warning patch was likely the cause, so I removed that patch. I have not yet installed the new battery temp patch, but this am, I began having the exact same problem! The only difference is that after about 1 minute, the phone started responding again -- albeit slowly (without a reset). I checked the battery temp when it was responsive and it was only at 40. I immediately did a garbage collect through jstop and then the phone started behaving normally again. I know 1.4 caused a lot of issues with slow down, but this is much worse in that the touchscreen stops responding completely! Haven't had the problem since, but will post if I do. By the way, I only had one or 2 cards open (yelp, phone dialer), and the phone had been charging all night on the touchstone, but had been off for about 10 minutes when this happened. Anyone else have this problem WITHOUT the battery temp patch?
  10. #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Have been running the 800 mhz patch for about 3 days now, and had another little glitch today. As I had previously posted, with the original temp patch, my phone became slow and unresponsive, the main touchscreen. The shortcuts at the bottom of the screen would work, but the once the launcher was up, I couldn't click on the icon, nor could I swipe over to the next page until I did a reset. It was figured out that the battery temp warning patch was likely the cause, so I removed that patch. I have not yet installed the new battery temp patch, but this am, I began having the exact same problem! The only difference is that after about 1 minute, the phone started responding again -- albeit slowly (without a reset). I checked the battery temp when it was responsive and it was only at 40. I immediately did a garbage collect through jstop and then the phone started behaving normally again. I know 1.4 caused a lot of issues with slow down, but this is much worse in that the touchscreen stops responding completely! Haven't had the problem since, but will post if I do. By the way, I only had one or 2 cards open (yelp, phone dialer), and the phone had been charging all night on the touchstone, but had been off for about 10 minutes when this happened. Anyone else have this problem WITHOUT the battery temp patch?
    i have this sometimes too and im sure its 1.4 doing it, well because after removing the patch it still did this same thing for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #1191  
    800 mhz patch worked well for me, made snappier. And I had about 10% more batter life at end of work day which I found surprising. It seemed to use more battery while actively using, but less when idol. Did not seem to have a heat problem either. All in all very happy. Not sure that I will keep using it as I am nervous about long term life of Pre. Have not decided yet.
  12. npark's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    #1192  
    I applied this patch, and told my wife that my Pre was now faster than her's. We did some side by side tests, and my apps/functions loaded or operated significantly faster. Immediately, she asks me to patch her's too. =)

    Thanks guys for this. You've made us happier with our Pre's.
  13. #1193  
    Thank you guys - this ROCKS!

    Feels like I just got new hardware but it's configured just the way I want it
  14. #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    800 mhz patch worked well for me, made snappier. And I had about 10% more batter life at end of work day which I found surprising. It seemed to use more battery while actively using, but less when idol. Did not seem to have a heat problem either. All in all very happy. Not sure that I will keep using it as I am nervous about long term life of Pre. Have not decided yet.
    long term life? u will probably buy the new pre when it cames out... just like me
  15. #1195  
    Been running 720mhz for 2 days now and my Pre is doing well. I had it charging in my car last night on the touchstone and temp was stable under 40 degrees while on a 30min phone call and charging on the TS. Right after this, while the temp was still high, I started Sprint Navigation and used it for about 20 mins. Temp got up to 43 degrees and seemed to stabilize around there.
  16. LuvmyPre's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1196  
    Apparently I didn't pay enough attention during the install of the 800MHz, can anyone tell me if I can go back to verify my speed?? (without having to uninstall and reinstall that is) I'd greatly appreciate it!
  17. #1197  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyPre View Post
    Apparently I didn't pay enough attention during the install of the 800MHz, can anyone tell me if I can go back to verify my speed?? (without having to uninstall and reinstall that is) I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Please read the first post, there are 3 commands given that could verify your speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

    2) Check Speed (3 ways to do so, I prefer the BogoMIPS Method):

    under Tools - Linux Command Line

    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state


    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq


    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    -should see appropriate BogoMIPS in MHz

  18. fishtale's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1198  
    HOLY $HIT! I LOVE USING MY PRE+ NOW!! To all those that made this happen.....

    We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
  19. #1199  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    the "cp" line is what actually copies the custom kernel into place. So of course, if it fails, after reboot it will be at random clock speeds. If for some unknown reason it cant open up the flash partition for write or the filesystem is full then its going to bomb. I have seen one person that had a full /boot partition! how the hell does that happen?

    There are *no* files in this release that are not included in the Dr. it makes changes to files already there. So if the install is attempted and fails the phone will have modified files that will not work as intended and will cause weird effects.

    I have done all my development on my Pre and had 3 kernels installed with different bootloading. I purposely did a Full Erase and doctored my Pre to see what is left behind. All traces of all kernels I had installed were gone.
    Thanks for the reply and additional info. When I get a chance I will do a full erase and doctor to 1.4 and report my results back. Hopefully the full erase will be what was needed (instead of just doctoring to 1.4, which is what I did after my OTA upgrade to 1.4).
  20. #1200  
    am I reading Rod's wikipedia quote correctly? It seems to say that running at 720 will cut the life in half and last about 50,000 hours (or 5.7 years). Is that correct? Now I doubt the ore would last 10 yrs normally, but if you assume it'd last 4 yrs, I think 2 yrs is totally acceptable for this speed gain.

    how reliable are those estimates?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions