Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Hey so i want a fresh install because full erase + 1.4 webosdoctor doesn't get rid of my multiple launcher pages. I want to do a 1.2.1 doctor, but the link on the webosinternals site is dead. Does anyone know where i can get it?
    Doing that isn't going to get rid of your multiple launcher pages. I've tried before. When your phone backs up the the "cloud", it somehow backs that up too. So once your phone re-sync's all your apps & what not, it will also apply the launcher pages. You have to remove them manually and then back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    bump
    What am I missing here? I followed instructions to the T but every time I type "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" WOSQI just goes back to the basic start screen and nothing happens....

OKAY, I figured it out myself no thanks to anyone on this forum...you don't type "install" at the end of the script...nice, thanks anyway.
    Last edited by spudland; 03/25/2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: ***...nice instructions...not!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    What am I missing here? I followed instructions to the T but every time I type "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" WOSQI just goes back to the basic start screen and nothing happens....
    You placed the file on the device before doing this step? Not to insult you but making sure. Also, after typing it are you hitting 'enter' and not close?
    thanks a ton guys, it's like a new phone! What's this "battery monitor" patch everyone uses to check the temp? I looked around preware and only saw % batt patches.
    not a patch, just an app

Cat

Edit: in app you can switch to Detailed Battery Info. There is the Temperature
    thanks everyone who made this 800mhz patch possible!!!
    your time and effort is appreciated =)

AND to let everyone know, if you want to control your CPU power on the fly, use the WEBOS CPU scaler application, after you've installed the 800mhz patch. Youll be able to turn down the CPU power if you start to overheat. BUT to get back to 800MHz you'll have to restart the phone.

WEBOS CPU scaler found here:
    Webos CPUScaler Application for Palm PRE - Toggles CPU Scaling with a button | L337Tech
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    Sweeeeeeet!!
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    800000 53200
    720000 0
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 2262
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    why would the uninstall command be "os1351" instead os14? Yeah I'm a "noob"
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I give up for now, this is just ****ing me off. Hopefully someone has an answer for the Error 5 thing tomorrow. Even after I get it I I can do "ls /var/home/root/" and it shows it in there, but when I run the install command it sits there and does nothing. Developer mode is on, my WOSQI is installed correctly. **** it............
    In "normal" Linux I would think about an error of the file-rights. Script has to be an executable.

Perhaps you try to download it again?
    Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    You placed the file on the device before doing this step? Not to insult you but making sure. Also, after typing it are you hitting 'enter' and not close?
    Yes...you're talking to a launch day owner who's been active in the forums since day one...the script is wrong. You don't need to type "install" at the end of the script....just hit enter.

12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darwaypen View Post
    why would the uninstall command be "os1351" instead os14? Yeah I'm a "noob"
    This is a typo, replace the os1351 with os14.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    This is a typo, replace the os1351 with os14.
    thanks.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Yes...you're talking to a launch day owner who's been active in the forums since day one...the script is wrong. You don't need to type "install" at the end of the script....just hit enter.
    Was also me bouncing it off of you, I am having problems myself.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have the 720 running great on mine and my daughters Pre, but when I use the same method for my wifes I get a " not found" after I type the script command....any thoughts?
    just installed 800 without a glitch...im gona do a video with 800 pre, stock pre, and iphone 3g (maybe 3gs as well)

Thank you so much guys...pure genius!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Was also me bouncing it off of you, I am having problems myself.
    No Worries...I got it working and if there's anything I can help you with just let me know!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    having the same problem as Cringer
    Thanks for getting this out to everyone...we all appreciate the work you've put into this and you have no idea how much this means to us...I think I'm gonna' cry! Seriously, this is THE biggest moment since launch day for this phone and I for one want to say thank you for making this happen. Some of us have been waiting since June for this moment (takes a second to wipe the corners of his eye) and a big shout out to Jason & to the group at WebOS Internals for getting us to this point in time where we have a device that was released in desperation but has rallied to become a player....if not THE player in the smartphone game today. Yeah, I know Snapdragon is coming but I don't think I'd leave this device for that...no gestures? Only 20% faster now? I'll stick with WebOS for now....I own a decent camera, lol! And I must say, 4G fricken rocks! Bring it, Palm!

Thanks alot guys!....Thanks for all the good work! Thanks to the devs and the alpha testers for compiling this list for us to install it. I love precentral. This is the only reason i got a pre!!!!!!

Then again, my phone seems to be running at 800mhz and 500mhz consistently. it loops between 800 and 500. maybe its because i just restarted it..