Page 57 of 124 FirstFirst ... 7 475253545556575859606162 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    enter this into linux command line and copy and paste the results up here please , cat /proc/cpuinfo , dont forget the space after cat ok leave out the comma's
    It appears to be there...thanks for your help! What kind numbers would you expect I would be running using the sunspider...more than 600's, right?

Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42
    L1 instruction cache:
    features : read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    line length : 64
    sets : 64
    L1 data cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc
    L2 unified cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    It appears to be there...thanks for your help! What kind numbers would you expect I would be running using the sunspider...more than 600's, right?

Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42
    L1 instruction cache:
    features : read-alloc
    L1 data cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc
    L2 unified cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    that looks right to me ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Has everyone sent a donation to Caj/unix from the button in their signature?

This is far more valuable than anything in the App Catalog, so please be generous. $10 should be the minumum.

I'm thinking of having a bake sale to raise some money.

I'm serious, the performance boost is stunning.

I can't wait to show it off to my iPhoney friends...

Donate Donate Donate Donate
    Now Now Now Now

Please Please Please Please
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it was said about 6 months
    This is a joke right? 6 months lifespan @ 800 Mhz? Not true...right?
    thats what was reported but its not a positive
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    All the information meaning the alpha testers and their results are located in the thread I linked which is also linked in the first post in this thread.

So, when you said you saw no information about all the testing that the patches went through with the results, I can only assume you missed the 835 post, two week long thread that relayed all the information.

Caj merely started a new thread (the one you're reading now) for the actual public release of the patches. This one contains the testing info.
    Thank you. I did miss that. However, I still don't blame people for being cautious (it is a good thing).
    This is a big helping of WOW..... THANKS everyone involved. I also think it's cool that I kept the thread opened while I installed it..... Took me about 10 minutes. Then I thanked the original post and the 696 thanks went to 702 so that means in the 10 minutes I had the thread open 5 other users came in and thanked the OP too. Not bad!

If anyone is on the fence I will just say it was really easy to install and so far the difference with 800mhz is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
    im sorry just telling what i was told lol its not a positive but thats the life span supposedly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Yes he is at 800 MHz!!

Dont need to run performance tests as if you are at that frequency, you are fine.
    Yeah (s)he is...haha, i really need to change that avatar. I just thought it was weird that it was in the tar.gz with all the images from the 1.3 DR.Anyone else notice that? Maybe i should find another strange update image from 1.4.
    Since 1.4.1 is right around the corner...(take your time, so it's right), this patch should be uninstalled. I would assume by then Preware will have found a means to do such, but always uninstall as you installed. OR, will it actually really matter? Well, that's stupid when i think about it cuz yeah, that could be a dumb move to have it.....blah. you know what mean.
    I just picked up a new Pre, and when used while charging it gets super hot, way hotter than any of my other 4 Pre's that ive had. Battery monitor said 114-120, and I was basically watching the battery drop. I cant imagine this is gonna help, but i'll keep an eye on it using bat mon. and i'll check out Jason's methods...maybe i need a new battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Yeah (s)he is...haha, i really need to change that avatar. I just thought it was weird that it was in the tar.gz with all the images from the 1.3 DR.Anyone else notice that? Maybe i should find another strange update image from 1.4.
    Since 1.4.1 is right around the corner...(take your time, so it's right), this patch should be uninstalled. I would assume by then Preware will have found a means to do such, but always uninstall as you installed. OR, will it actually really matter? Well, that's stupid when i think about it cuz yeah, that could be a dumb move to have it.....blah. you know what mean.
    I just picked up a new Pre, and when used while charging it gets super hot, way hotter than any of my other 4 Pre's that ive had. Battery monitor said 114-120, and I was basically watching the battery drop. I cant imagine this is gonna help, but i'll keep an eye on it using bat mon. and i'll check out Jason's methods...maybe i need a new battery?
    yes it is advisable to remove the kernel before the update . and you may want to take that battery and get it replaced before it gets to hot lol just a suggestion
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Quick question. I know over-clocking will make the lifespan of the phone shorter, but does anyone have any kind of estimate or is there some kind of formula to calculate this? The only electronic toy that ever quit on me was a computer I had for 10 years that was on ALL the time. I assume if the Pre's outside hardware was any good the phone would last at least 5-10 years at stock specifications. Anyone have any guess how long in theory it should last running at 800MHz?
    The only public datasheet information we have is for the OMAP3530. See Texas Instruments OMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for details of the close relationship between the OMAP3430 (the SoC in the Pre) and the OMAP3530 (a variant of OMAP3430 intended for catalog distribution channels). That datasheet can be found on the public TI website at http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/omap3530.pdf

From section 3.3 "Recommended Operating Conditions" of the OMAP3530 Applications Processor datasheet:

To avoid significant device degradation for commercial temperature OMAP3530 devices (0C ≤ Tj ≤ 90C), the device power-on hours (POH) must be limited to one of the following:
    • 100K total POH when operating across all OPPs and keeping the time spent at OPP5-OPP6 to less than 23K POH.
    • 50K total POH when operating at OPP5 - OPP6.
    • 44K total POH with no restrictions to the proportion of these POH at operating points OPP1 - OPP6.
    Note that Tj is the temperature at the semiconductor junctions on the die inside the package of the SoC device. It is always quite a lot higher than the temperature measured at the SoC package surface, or even in a battery temperature sensor which is "miles away" as far as thermal conductivity goes.

The above are the power-on-hours (POH) device limits for OPP5 and OPP6.

The 720MHz and 800MHz kernels operate the device at OPP6 and OPP7 with modified frequency and voltage values which are based on those used for the OMAP3440 (which is an 800MHz device).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/26/2010 at 10:51 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The video comparing the overclocked pre to the regular pre was removed already?? Anyone have different link?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The only public datasheet information we have is for the OMAP3530. See Texas Instruments OMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for details of the close relationship between the OMAP3430 (the SoC in the Pre) and the OMAP3530 (a variant of OMAP3430 intended for catalog distribution channels). That datasheet can be found on the public TI website at http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/omap3530.pdf

<...snip...>

The 720MHz and 800MHz kernels operate the device at OPP6 and OPP7 with modified frequency and voltage values which I believe (Marco will correct me if I'm wrong) are based on those used for the OMAP36xx (which is a 45nm version of the 65nm OMAP34xx that supports higher clock speeds).

-- Rod
    OMAP3440 which is a 800Mhz CPU
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Big thumbs up to everyone involved in this. Just did it (easy as pie!)...all I can say is WOW....and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    OMAP3440 which is a 800Mhz CPU
    Thanks Marco, I've corrected the post.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Amazing patch. The speed increase is impressive. Thanks for the hard work!
    I'm having problems installing the WebOS patch that was suggested. I did everything I possibly can. I went to the Linux commandline in WebOs Quick Install and put the command and it comes with an error saying sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh

I wish this was available for Preware. Some people just don't have the patience for all of this. Can somebody help me with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    In my opinion, I don't the Pre at Stock will last any where near 10 years based solely on external design of components and all the issues with them. Marco and I think the cpu and other related internal components are better than many believe (just our opinion and we'll let the results do the talking)
    I agree with you, I seriously doubt any modern phone will last more than 3 years that is, if you don`t want to change it before.
    Waiting to get some help on this patch
    Wow. What a wonderful job! I'm not sure any of the mods have been this EASY and this EFFECTIVE. Folks, this is amazing. I hope you all donate (as I did)...they deserve it.