Page 54 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4 444950515253545556575859 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2468
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Still doing fine here after 36 hours or so now. My only real problem now is I have noticed all the little 1.4 bugs a little more. I have had the random music volume bug since 1.4, but yesterday it hit me for about 15 minutes and wouldn't go away. A couple others are driving me nuts as well. The kernel has nothing to do with this IMO, I think it's a coincidence I have had an increase with the 1.4 bugs the last day. Just babbling because with this patch my phone is near perfect....just need 1.4.1 now.
    @Patalach

find a post by caj2008 and its in his signature at the bottom you cant miss it lol and thanks !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I will note this and see if any others have it as this is the first major problem I have heard (shouldnt effect phone based on kernel design).
    when my speaker started krackling it was going out . it had nothing to do with the kernels ,well because they were not out yet lol so if your speaker is making noises like that its probably going out !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Awsome Tweak Guys, Installed the 800 patch ( figured if i am gonna overclock it I might as well go all the way ) and so far so good Idle temp 30 C and 38 - 41 under multitasking use.

I am a little nervous becase I use my Pre to listen to streaming tunes overnight ( wifi ) do you think I should hold off on this?

Will keep an eye on it for the next few days to see how it goes. Big thanks for all the hard work ( both for the patch and all the support you guys have put in on the boards )

Take Care,
    Xalasten
    is all good find it heheh was on first page
    The speed difference is impressive. Thanks for the hard work and charitable spirit.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Using the 800...it makes my Pre a brand new phone! Thanks guys!!!
    I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I installed the 720 patch and I have to say it's amazing. Awesome job! But now I want to try to install the 800, but I can't figure out how to uninstall the 720. And also is there much of a performance/stability difference between the 720 and the 800? Thanks for the help.
    I have yet to see an answer to my question about when/why someone would use the 720 patch instead of the 800.

I looked at every page after my post, so I appologize if I missed the answer. Could a developer tell us why anyone would benefit from the slower speed?

I know in building PCs that certain frequencies operate in multiples and failure to do so will actually make things slower. I also know that backing off on an overclocked CPU can improve sometimes improve stability. Does any of that apply here?

I was tempted to start with the lower speed with the assumption that it would be "safer" but I couldn't find any explanation as to why I wouldn't use the 800, so I did and it is amazing!

However, I still want to know the answer. Please, help me with that or I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xalasten View Post
    Awsome Tweak Guys, Installed the 800 patch ( figured if i am gonna overclock it I might as well go all the way ) and so far so good Idle temp 30 C and 38 - 41 under multitasking use.

I am a little nervous becase I use my Pre to listen to streaming tunes overnight ( wifi ) do you think I should hold off on this?

Will keep an eye on it for the next few days to see how it goes. Big thanks for all the hard work ( both for the patch and all the support you guys have put in on the boards )

Take Care,
    Xalasten

If I was you I would install the 800mhz kernel then when you stream music use my app CPUScalerUber to set the cpu at 500mhz. Then when your done set back to 800mhz or scale from 250-->800mhz like I do.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Just sent a Hamilton your way Mr. Caj!
    Thanks for the great hack/fix. My Pre now runs how it should, nice a fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSoDizzy View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a "small" problem with the upgrade.
    After running the script, the screen went black and now the phone will not boot.
    After about 15 min I removed the battery waited for 10sec and returned it. The phone will not boot.
    It's dead
    What can I to do fix this issue?
    Thanks
    Try putting in battery, holding up volume key while plugging in the usb cord. you screen should show a usb logo. You can now use webosdoctor to restore
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Working great thus far with 800mhz patch. Sent you $10 to keep up the work thanks
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Perfect install...this is great!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Been streaming for 44 mins and holding at 36 C...probably safe?

Thx all for the help
    Last edited by xalasten; 03/26/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    I doctored my phone (sprint, 1.4) and now it is running so freaking smooth.

Unbelievable, thanks!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    36C is very safe!!
    Very Cool, I will let it run for a few hours and keep an eye on it.

Thanks again for the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try putting in battery, holding up volume key while plugging in the usb cord. you screen should show a usb logo. You can now use webosdoctor to restore
    After removing the battery one more time, waiting for 2-3 min and then reinstalling the battery back again, the phone did start and is working great.
    I removed the first post because it is no longer valid.
    Thank you for your quick response. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Oops. I will have to remove mine. I have seen this once with OS1.4 unpatched. God I hate this OS!!!
    WebOS ? y hate?