Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2 424748495051525354555657 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2468
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Probably voiding the warranty. If it dies from overheating.

Insurance I think would still cover it.. I don't know though haven't read up on the insurance contract. LOL I guess we will see if anyone runs into the issue.
    Well, I think there is an answer to this.
    http://www.phoneclaim.com/doc_list/d...ent&format=raw

(from the Asurion website).

Exclusions to coverage include II(G): loss caused by or resulting from use of the covered property in a manner for which it was not designed. loss caused by or resulting from failure to follow the manuf installation, operation or maintenance instructions.

So... frying the processor from the mod would legally not be covered. Getting a replacement involves returning the old phone.

Obviously, there are ways to evade (although this would be fraud). e.g., dropping into a pool after frying or just claiming stolen or lost.

I would not do the evasion if it were me. I MIGHT make a claim, return the phone, and if they called me on it, just eat the cost. Or maybe I would not file a claim and just chalk it up to getting great perf for a while.
    I'm experiencing problems after I installed the temp warning patch.
    I don't know if this is Jeff's overclocking 800MHz or this patch
    But My phone seriously lags, and locks up, it didn't do this before and I've had the 800MHZ installed for days now with no problems.
    I can't turn off the screen, turn off the phone, switch to different pages in the launcher.
    And no apps open.
    Anyone experiencing this?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    So, for "Da Man" himself: I am allowed to install BOTH the 720 and the 800, just do the 720 first. SORRY....just a semantics issue for me -- I wanna be safe with this.
    What? I don't know how you're misreading this still.

You can only have one or the other installed. Either install 720, or 800.

If you install 720, but then change your mind and want to use the 800, you have to uninstall the 720 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Has anyone tested this under a heavy use scenario such as...

Driving on a long trip (2+hrs) with Sprint Navigation, Bluetooth, and the Music app and/or Pandora running while receiving a phone call?

This is a pretty common scenario for me and I would love to know if there were any heat issues.

With the terminal program busted in 1.4 there is no easy way to run linux commands to disable the patch if the battery gets too hot while on the road.
    I did it for about 50 min the other day, Dr Podder + sprint Nav on a touchstone. It was slowly going up the whole time, then hit 44c after 50 min, I got scared and went into airplane mode.

I was on 500mhz b/f and never used the batterymoniter b/f, so I have no reference points.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    What? I don't know how you're misreading this still.

You can only have one or the other installed. Either install 720, or 800.

If you install 720, but then change your mind and want to use the 800, you have to uninstall the 720 first.

That, is clear! I had it right until reading the (then) 44 pages of this forum last night and saw someone with stats_in_time hitting 500, 720 and 800 and went back and re-read the first page.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    But My phone seriously lags, and locks up, it didn't do this before and I've had the 800MHZ installed for days now with no problems.
    I can't turn off the screen, turn off the phone, switch to different pages in the launcher.
    And no apps open.
    Yep...I've had it lock up on me 3 times since installing Jason's patch. Right now I've removed the 800 kernel (still have Jeff's patch) and will see if anything else happens.

I'll probably end up deleting the patch and reinstalling the kernel before day's end though.

late,
    Coz
    Last edited by cozboogie; 03/26/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    same here, major lag lock up, uninstalling battery meter thingy now.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    And no apps open.
    I had the same problem I believe your referring to. I pulled the battery, ran WebOSRepairUtility.jar. It found a file & it replaced (don't know if it had anything to do with the patch) and has been running fine since. Will continue to monitor to see if problem happens again..
    Uninstalled patch and now touch screen doesn't work at all.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    sed: 800MHzOS14.sh: No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Rebooting...
    but the 720 patch did! thanks!
    Last edited by keredson; 03/26/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    OM 2 the muth F'n G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back in love with my Pre. I'm a neewb and I figured it out...you guys are bad azz!! Why didn't Palm have the Pre set like this in the first place. They would have sold a whole lot more. The lagging issues was one of the reason I was getting tired of the phone, which got worse after video. I'm sending you guys money once the paycheck hit the bank. Great job!!!!!!!
    sweet, you guys got in engadget for this!!!nice one!!!Palm should pay you for all the good you'll be doing them

Pre gets a nasty 800MHz overclock patch for all 1.4 users to enjoy (at one's own risk) -- Engadget
    Uninstalled patch and now touch screen doesn't work at all.
    AH Not cool. Haven't run across this. I uninstalled 720 to install 800 yesterday. Screen worked fine. Hope its not the patch that caused this for you.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Is there a way to scale the CPU back based on the screen state while still using this kernel?

Refer to Clipcarls script for CPU Scaling:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-app-here.html
    This would be ideal if we could not only run this at 800Mhz, but also scale back to lets say 125 or 250 when the screen is off.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Okay all is good
    Did a battery pull, came back and is working like a charm.
    And no apps open.
    having the same problem, mainly touchscreen becomes unresponsive...will uninstall the battery temp patch and see...does worry me a little though...caj, aren't these the same symptoms you had with the 600mhz that bricked your pre?
    I just see a note there that says I can't see images or links in signatures until I've done at least 10 posts and that I'm now at 7. So I need to make 3 more posts before I can see the donate button I guess. :-)
    Having same problem here... Happened after installed the temp/battery patch. Screen locks up
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    having the same problem, mainly touchscreen becomes unresponsive...will uninstall the battery temp patch and see...does worry me a little though...caj, aren't these the same symptoms you had with the 600mhz that bricked your pre?

Yup...here too. I uninstalled the temperature patch and all is well again!!!

Jason's patches are usually great so this is a little bit of a set back although I'm sure he'll figure something out soon. For the time being, I recommend that you go without the temperature monitor patch.
    All is fixed
    Updated Temp Monitor patch here
    Last edited by Demlor; 03/26/2010 at 04:09 PM.