Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2468
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I swapped phones with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago since she was beginning to loathe her Pre (Sprint version bought in late September). I applied this patch last night and showed it to her today and she is ready to swap back.

Palm needs some new hardware ASAP because people already have a sour taste from the original Pre's. This 800mhz patch shows how WebOS is supposed to run, and it is beautiful. The devs will come if this becomes the standard user experience.

Thank you unixpsycho and caj2008!

Also, battery life doesn't seem to take much of a noticeable hit. As others have said, when it's on standby with the screen off it hardly drains at all, just like before. With the screen on it does seem to suck down a bit more juice, but it's manageable and worth it.

Most people will take slightly shorter battery life for a (much) less frustrating user experience IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    Ok. I'll be fine but should I go back and do that? Are there any issues with jumping from 500 to 800; better to do it from 500 to 720 to 800?
    You actually should not do that. You only want one patch installed at a time.

So either install 720mhz

Or
    Install 800 mhz

Not both.

For example If you want to go to 720mhz from 800mhz you would uninstall the 800mhz patch then install the 720mhz.
    I guess the guy that had both installed needs to see that more than me! LOL.

I was wondering if putting a 600 patch, the 720 AND the 800 might give the processor some "choices" rather than jumping from 500 to 800 but did question the safety/compatibiliity in doing that.

Thanks Spectre686.
    This is why I had originally asked about installing BOTH the 720 and the 800 Patches:

Caj2008's step #5:

5) Need to download file from my website and download to your desktop:

720MHzOS14 or 800MHzOS14 to desktop (or chosen folder)

Warning: You can only install one cpu patch at a time (believe I have been asked)
    OS not os....thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    damn! even all GBA on VBA run fine! Also, Quake runs at a smooth 60 fps now! =]
    yup! I just ran VBA... mario kart & super mario bro... runs without lag now...
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjm View Post
    is a Gpu overclock possible ?
    I would like to see that also!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Amazin! I can keep multiple cards open at once and see very little degredation -- that's what I expected from my Pre all along. Kudos and thanks!
    I am LOVING this. can i donate money to these guys who did this?
    are we all voiding our warranties/insurances here? I am tempted but wont risk not being able to replace it
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    Yep go to the first Page , First post there is a donate button!
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    go to the first post!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    yup! I just ran VBA... mario kart & super mario bro... runs without lag now...
    wow i need to redownload and try this out!

EDIT: Wow i was able to play fire pro wrestling without lag!
    Last edited by as4life; 03/26/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    are we all voiding our warranties/insurances here? I am tempted but wont risk not being able to replace it
    Probably voiding the warranty. If it dies from overheating.

Insurance I think would still cover it.. I don't know though haven't read up on the insurance contract. LOL I guess we will see if anyone runs into the issue.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    hey bulls96, nice avatar pic. i had a 755p, great phone but os just looked too much like windows 3.1 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuge123 View Post
    hey bulls96, nice avatar pic. i had a 755p, great phone but os just looked too much like windows 3.1 lol.
    actually i have since sold the treo pro (and miss it), had both the palm pre and the palm pre plus... i wish i still had the palm pixi too (yup i bought that too).

Will the insurance from Verizon still cover for a bricked overclocked Pre??
    Is it now possible to watch .wmv videos on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    wow i need to redownload and try this out!

EDIT: Wow i was able to play fire pro wrestling without lag!
    it does drain the battery a lot faster tho, when the games are running...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i love how fast the phone is, great work!!

what i noticed is, i cant use the phone and charge via usb. battery still drains lol.. who cares... i like to go fast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    The instructions on page 1 are quite clear about that!
    So, for "Da Man" himself: I am allowed to install BOTH the 720 and the 800, just do the 720 first. SORRY....just a semantics issue for me -- I wanna be safe with this.