Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2468
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Has anyone tested this under a heavy use scenario such as...

Driving on a long trip (2+hrs) with Sprint Navigation, Bluetooth, and the Music app and/or Pandora running while receiving a phone call?

This is a pretty common scenario for me and I would love to know if there were any heat issues.

With the terminal program busted in 1.4 there is no easy way to run linux commands to disable the patch if the battery gets too hot while on the road.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    This can occur when exact protocol isnt followed
    *Big Frownie Face*

I have had to doctor my phone in the past, I guess there is a missing file. The script goes kaput from: sed "1,48d" $0 | tar -xvf -
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Our ipk method (upcoming) will be the best way due to its ease
    Any ETA when it will be released? .ipk files are the best. Thanks.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Wow, love the script and how easy it is to install. Thanks a bunch, now time to go and play with it.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Here, Here.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    demlor, please tell me your avatar is a pic of you, SO hot. sorry, just had to say it.
    I have been running 720 since 5 mins after it came out... Switching to 800 mhz and testing 1 day before i load any of these on my fiancees Pre.
    Just installed and running great, so easy to install. Thanks! I actually like this phone a little more now then I did 5 min. ago.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    just install it following the instructions provided.. They are easy to follow. I would even have my fiancee do it on her own and she knows nothing about linux or how to tweak things
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Did you uninstall the 720 before installing the 800?
    I just installed the 800 -- should I remove and install the 720 first then the 800? I missed that line all together!
    I installed a bit ago. None of the apps in my launcher would select. Only my 4 on the bottom bar.

I also got a weird key in universal search when swiping back.

However, i dr'ed my phone and all seem well so far.

Thanks for everything guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    just install it following the instructions provided.. They are easy to follow. I would even have my fiancee do it on her own and she knows nothing about linux or how to tweak things
    So easy, a woman ERRRRR caveman could do it.

JK ladies. Much love
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads-up, I've released a patch aimed at overclockers

Device Temperature Warnings

This will check the battery temperature (which is used as a reference point) every 5 minutes and will issue a warning at 45C and a different, more serious warning if it reaches 50C. Both temperatures are the general maximum you should have. Higher temperatures can lead to device bricking.
    Holy SH** Jason!! Awsome, can't wait til you can have this in the device menu megamix with your flashlight, etc. Question though, what are the "alarms or indicators" that we should look for at 45 and 50?
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    I just installed the 800 -- should I remove and install the 720 first then the 800? I missed that line all together!
    No you are good. He was referring to someone who had installed the 720 first. You're fine if you go straight to 800
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintlamb View Post
    No you are good. He was referring to someone who had installed the 720 first. You're fine if you go straight to 800
    Ok. I'll be fine but should I go back and do that? Are there any issues with jumping from 500 to 800; better to do it from 500 to 720 to 800?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    damn! even all GBA on VBA run fine! Also, Quake runs at a smooth 60 fps now! =]
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    is a Gpu overclock possible ?
    I went straight to 800 and have had no problems. As heavily as this has been tested prior to the release, I think if there were issues, they would have stated it in the copious numbers of warnings.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Has anyone tested this under a heavy use scenario such as...

Driving on a long trip (2+hrs) with Sprint Navigation, Bluetooth, and the Music app and/or Pandora running while receiving a phone call?

This is a pretty common scenario for me and I would love to know if there were any heat issues.

With the terminal program busted in 1.4 there is no easy way to run linux commands to disable the patch if the battery gets too hot while on the road.
    Download Terminus, it works and I didn't have to install any kind of plugin.