Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    quick question regarding temps...
    after a few minutes of 3D gaming running the 720 patch, battery monitor reports a temp of 35.

Using an infrared thermometer I have, the temperature of the back of the phone is about 32C, however the screen is nearly 39C. what is it that makes the screen so hot? I was under the impression that the processor and stuff was behind the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i am getting this error when i hit "send to device"

"Error 5

Command: put file:////var/home/root800MHzOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed"

please help.
    I know 45c is the "its to hot stage" but what tempeture should my pre be at for 24/7 use..

thanks a million! My fave thing is browsing, while downloading
    the page takes obviously the same amount of time, it flyes through the rendering part....

wow this is great!

edit: nvm.. U've already rplyed...
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Good question I dont have an absolute answer for. I dont let mine get above 48C
    Maybe post in original post that?

Thanks man, i appreciate your work!
    Small correction on Step 7 -

sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install (installs 720 kernel)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine isn't quite running up to par with the video, but at 800 MHz it's definitely a VERY noticeable speedup. If this is stable (and it seems to be) I love you guys.
    alright caj2008 here are my results after rebooting my pre. I tried to load about 10 apps but waited until each splash screen went away for each app launch. Each app took anywhere from 5-8 seconds to launch at first. After about 5 minutes of the phone being on after the restart mostly all apps open almost immediately or right before 3 seconds, only apps that take to load longer than 3 seconds are my 3D apps, like NFS, Brother in Arms, Assins creed etc. but they take anywhere from 4-7 sec. to load. Cool thing is that i got to a point where i had loaded Gangstar, Assasins, Brothers in Arms, NFS, and Asphalt past the start screen and all loading a new game without any hiccups, or overheating. Also i checked the battery monitor but the temperature increase is minimal, only went up to 1.5 degrees. so what do you think?

(edit) also changed my primary home, sec. home, buffer size, mmg IP, and my slot index so that my interval is 60 sec. If that might change anything
    Last edited by jred7o7; 03/25/2010 at 02:26 AM.
    i've noticed the speed gains but I am gonna doctor my whole phone and reinstall everything. my phone was sluggish anyway, when I compared it with the 600mhz and some stock phone @ the sprint store. i want to make sure i get the full speed.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I am not sure and would not want to speculate on the differential without doing some research. The temp I use is the temp recorded in batter monitor if that is any help.
    I know this is kind of off topic, but I did some research. the OMAP processor is whats directly behind the screen. behind the keyboard is the qualcomm communications processor. so, the screen getting warm is whats bad for the processor.

Palm Pre Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I know this is kind of off topic, but I did some research. the OMAP processor is whats directly behind the screen. behind the keyboard is the qualcomm communications processor. so, the screen getting warm is whats bad for the processor.

[url= Pre Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit[/url]
    so keep your slider open, so your pre gets cooler..
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    i am getting this error when i hit "send to device"

"Error 5

Command: put file:////var/home/root800MHzOS14.sh
    Reply:file open failed"

please help.
    Getting this error as well. I am in developer mode, so not sure what the problem is.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I assume after installing the 800Mhz patch that the stats below are kosher, no?

Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42
    L1 instruction cache:
    features : read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    line length : 64
    sets : 64
    L1 data cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    sets : 64
    L2 unified cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    assoc : 8
    sets : 512
    Cache LoC : 2
    Cache LoU : 1
    I'm confused...I type in sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install yet nothing happens...it just goes to a blank WOSQI screen...?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Can't wait to give my Droid-luvin' buddy a good old-fashioned Palm beat-down!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Error 5 still, just trying to place the script on the device. I will reboot the phone and see if that does anything.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ok, my question is:

where is the Paypal link????

I like to give you guys some $$ toward future development
    I agree with trim, post up a paypal link when you have a free chance
    During hour + phone calls my Pre gets very warm.. (not sure of the temp, as I've never looked)... but with this installed does this mean it could potentially get to warm? Has any testing been done on long phone calls?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Has it been discussed if the new kernel patches will be impacted by the rumored 1.4.1 update in the works? And while I think ahead, will there be need to have a new CPU patch when another OS update, say a 1.5 or 2.0 is released?

Thoughts anyone?

BTW-800MHz screams!
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I'm confused...I type in sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install yet nothing happens...it just goes to a blank WOSQI screen...?
    bump
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Hey so i want a fresh install because full erase + 1.4 webosdoctor doesn't get rid of my multiple launcher pages. I want to do a 1.2.1 doctor, but the link on the webosinternals site is dead. Does anyone know where i can get it?