Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 59 99 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with the fact of going straight to 1.4.
    I think somewhere in this thread it is mentioned that something gets installed in 1.3.5 that is missing from 1.4 and that if you go directly from 1.2 to 1.4 the patch will have problems so they recommended going to Webos 1.3.5 then updating to 1.4? But I don't know why that would apply going directly to 1.4. with the Dr. Sorry I can't remember the exact details because this thread has gotten so long. LOL
    I think it's the files that are assumed to be there in the script that are not there in the 1.4 doctor that are messing up installations like mine. Have there been reports of success from anyone who has doctored their phone to 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer7 View Post
    its been 24 minutes still booting up after i typed install. i guess i'm just gonna pop out the battery
    never pop out the battery when something is installing or rebooting...that's how you brick your device.let it do it's thing...even if it takes an hour.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hi just wanted to say taht the phone performs considerably faster and it boots in half the time. I have also experienced some bugs but nothing a restart hasnt fixed. The camera app didnt load past the grey screen after the slpash screen and the ringtons were not playing but restarting the phone when the problemes appeared fixed the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I think it's the files that are assumed to be there in the script that are not there in the 1.4 doctor that are messing up installations like mine. Have there been reports of success from anyone who has doctored their phone to 1.4?
    I found the post it is on the first page :

Look here it is by trim81
    I've had good results, and have doctored my phone plenty of times due to my own theme.
    Nothing went wrong during installing these patches after.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Battery life virtually unaffected - Using wifi at work and forcing roaming as always - (low signal will KIIIILLLLLL your battery life) 4 bars on roaming (yay for VZ) and at 89% after picking it up off the touchstone at 9am (currently noon)

to quote a company that's crippling america's healthcare and acting like it's not the bad guy: "I'm lovin' it!"

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    That is a Palm WebOS issue that needs fixing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude - i know you're busy and all - but did you even READ my msg?

All i said was that I'm running my phone as always - and just clarified what "as always" meant. I've been forcing roaming (patch) and using wifi at work since July...
    Last edited by Phenoum; 03/26/2010 at 12:32 PM.
    I have hundreds of people who say otherwise. I have 87 patches and 220 programs. Are you sure you installed it correctly-did you actually measure the bogoMIPS?
    Yes, I measured it after installation as per your instructions and got 796 I think. I'm not giving up on it just yet because with the weekend I'll be close to my touchstone at home and battery life won't be such an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    oo, I like that idea, lemme see what I can do. Maybe a warning banner popup at 45* and a second at 50?
    Jason, that would be more than a fantastic idea!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    never pop out the battery when something is installing or rebooting...that's how you brick your device.let it do it's thing...even if it takes an hour.
    yeah thats unfortunate. i popped out the battery right before u sent that message. phone bricked. wont turn on.
    Thanks for the mod guys my pre's faster than Usain Bolt!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Jason, that would be more than a fantastic idea!
    how about an autoshutdown at a certain point with a warning right before and a countdown? just in case you're not paying attention it will shut it down.
    Themes can be incompatible with aupt4 patches, be careful out there
    Whens aupt4 supposed to be coming?
    Any inside info?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    any easier way to install this? I am very much excited and can't wait to get my pre pumped up to 800MHz...but don't want to try out these install process on my own..

When are we going to have the PreWare patch?? Easy to Install process?
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    any easier way to install this? I am very much excited and can't wait to get my pre pumped up to 800MHz...but don't want to try out these install process on my own..

Doesnt get much easier than a cut/paste 5 min procedure... Did I mention you're OVERCLOCKING your phone? not quite like changing backgrounds...
    Just a heads-up, I've released a patch aimed at overclockers

Device Temperature Warnings

This will check the battery temperature (which is used as a reference point) every 5 minutes and will issue a warning at 45C and a different, more serious warning if it reaches 50C. Both temperatures are the general maximum you should have. Higher temperatures can lead to device bricking.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post

Just follow the pictures in the OP. The pictures show you exactly what your screen should look like.
    It was faster for running programs, but really screwed up my phone. Everytime I made a phone call the speaker would crackle and pop and I had about a 50% call disconnect rate after this patch. I loved the speed for apps but need to be able to use the phone, so I uninstalled. Hope the rest of you have better luck than me!
    WEBOSQI Send File said file was sent but after using linux comand line error message sh: can't open /var/home/root/800mhzos14.sh
    I installed the 800 on my Pre 24 hours ago and I 100% love it! The Pre is Much Much faster opening apps (I really noticed it on the music app, mail, preware, sprint nav)

NOTE: It took 5min or less to install (all copy/paste). People just do some reading and heck he has a Youtube video up.

I am happy with my Pre again this will hold me over until the EVO drops
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesotajoe View Post
    WEBOSQI Send File said file was sent but after using linux comand line error message sh: can't open /var/home/root/800mhzos14.sh
    It's case-sensitive
    You have to type the EXACT file name which is
    /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh