Page 47 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
    Mine is running at 600mhz after attempting to go to 720.
    Getting an error saying it can't find arch/arm/boot/uImage when I run the install, although it appears to complete & reboot.
    I don't recall ever putting a 600mhz patch on the phone... idk... strange.
    Caj,
    FYI - phone's super fast now with 800mhz...
    I had the phone charging overnight, 100% this morning.
    Got to work at 8:30am, used the Engadget app, & surf the net for about 5-10 mins... percentage dropped from 100% down at 90% within 10 mins... the data coverage even dropped from 3G, down to 1x/2G (I'm on Verizon btw) when it's never done that before without the overclock, I typically have 3G & 5 bars here at work (Newport Beach, CA)
    I've had the battery monitor on, the Drain/Hour has fluctuated from 9%-24%, with battery life remaining fluctuating from 3hrs-8hrs.

It seems like just some general use/surf of the web, the phone heats up & the battery drains rather quickly...

Anyone else have this happen to them?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Phenoum;2334392]
    Wife's phone - lost all of her alarms in the clock app - no big deal of course, just added new ones etc, but wondering if this has occurred to others? QUOTE]

I have about 12 alarms and have had no problems with them after my 720 upgrade.
    caj2008,
    I just installed and can also vouch for another successful install using the instructions at the beginning, thank you!
    I often use sprint nav on trips on the touchstone and even @ stock it gets nice and warm after only 20-30 min (not to mention a multi hour trip)... Since I have several other custom scripts I run from terminus already, is it possible to use a script to set to 500 for such an occasion and then return it to 800/720 for daily operations, or are the kernel modifications expecting to only see 800/720 mhz?
    -chlore
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    there is a battery monitor app in preware. download it and its under the advanced settings in the upper left corner
    Keep in mind that if you leave the "detailed battery info" screen open to watch the temperature, it doesn't seem to refresh the data. So you will think the temp hasn't changed. If you back-swipe to the regular page and then re-open the "detail" page, you might be surprised by a jump in temperature.

I would like to see the option to add temperature to the main page and have it update every 5 or 10 minutes. Is that possible or do they operate in very different ways?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/26/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    I may have missed it, but I haven't seen an answer to 2 important questions:

What (if any) advantage is there the the 720 patch? Is it perceived safety? or perhaps only for those that can't seem to handle 800? I am running 800, but I'd like to know when/why the 720 would be recommended.

Also, what is considered the maximum "safe" temperature? I got up to 39c on the touchstone. I will try the USB port to see if there is much difference.

However, I'd like to know where the red zone is so I can stay well below it.
    Hey, here's an idea for you app developers: Could you create something that would sound an alarm if the temperature exceeded an acceptable level? That might be worth some good money. I know I'd certainly be willing to pay for it, just as I am willing to "donate" to the heroes that created this amazing speed patch!
    1000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    Caj,
    FYI - phone's super fast now with 800mhz...
    I had the phone charging overnight, 100% this morning.
    Got to work at 8:30am, used the Engadget app, & surf the net for about 5-10 mins... percentage dropped from 100% down at 90% within 10 mins... the data coverage even dropped from 3G, down to 1x/2G (I'm on Verizon btw) when it's never done that before without the overclock, I typically have 3G & 5 bars here at work (Newport Beach, CA)
    I've had the battery monitor on, the Drain/Hour has fluctuated from 9%-24%, with battery life remaining fluctuating from 3hrs-8hrs.

It seems like just some general use/surf of the web, the phone heats up & the battery drains rather quickly...

Anyone else have this happen to them?
    Now that you mention it, I am showing zero bars in my office where I normally have 4. It shows that I still have 3G.

When I access web content (with wifi off) it jumps to 4 bars and definitely is giving me 3G speed.

It seems to be that the bars only return to zero when the screen goes off. They don't return when I activate the screen again. However, any activity from the phone that requires a radio seems to change it back to indicating normal signal strength.

Odd, but not creating a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I'm not sure why not from the terminal, but I did mine using my wireless connection. You -have- to be root.

So what I did was start NoDoze. Got in wirelessly (i hate going into devmode)

sudo su -l

then I remounted the filesystem as RW

Used WGet to grab the file from my webserver (since it wasn't working directly on the device).

put the file in /var/home/root

ran the command as shown (actually, I believe I cut and pasted)

The device rebooted. Shut it down (poweroff). Started back up.

(My disclaimer -- I'm not really talking to Retzius .. but anyone else who sees my post and thinks that I'm instructing them on how to do it a different way. I am not, nor will I give any additional support on what I did).

IF YOU DO NOT EXPLICITLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING HERE - DO NOT DO IT. FOLLOW THE ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS. THIS ONLY WORKED FOR ME - I MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT YOU WILL NOT SCREW UP YOUR BELOVED PHONE. I HAVE A BACKUP PHONE. I CAN AFFORD TO SCREW ONE UP.
    Thanks rposa,

maybe caj2008 can chime in and tell us. I used the terminal to install the 600mhz patch and had a hard time uninstalling it because I had to hunt for the command lines to uninstall.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Im not sure what happened to me but my phone radio stoped working. I installed the 800mhz patch yesterday and it worked excelent all day. Then around 1am my phone said "phone offline" in the upper left hand corner. Tried restarting the phone sevral times but now it doesn't have any icon in the left corner. Ran the phone test and it says issue found with the modem. I also noticed it doesn't charge now. It dosen't respond to the toutchstone and pluging it in shows the lightning charging icon but my battery just died. Luckly I have a spare battery that i will use to uninstall the patch and see if that works, but any idea what is happening to me?
    just thought I'd chime in and say this patch is amazing! 800Mhz so far no problems. I've had several cards open and even Brothers in arms running and so far no noticeable difference in temp or battery drain. if only I had the pre plus then It would launch apps even faster (sigh). oh well. hopefully palms next phone is a HD2 type with a giant screen and a snapdragon. THanks for all your hard work and I'll be donating asap.
    1.4 800mhz works even better than the old 1.3.5.1 one!

Amazing work. Just donated!
    Well, great work. Installed 720 patch and haven't noticed any negative side effects yet. Only one dumb question, and one I'm sure you'll be glad to answer, I see all these comments about "Donate below". I don't see where one goes to donate and I would like to. Thanks for the work done on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1768 View Post
    Well, great work. Installed 720 patch and haven't noticed any negative side effects yet. Only one dumb question, and one I'm sure you'll be glad to answer, I see all these comments about "Donate below". I don't see where one goes to donate and I would like to. Thanks for the work done on this.
    There should be a yellow-ish button that says donate below where it says Donate. Or look at one of Caj2008's post the button is in his signature.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Will this ever be coming through PreWare?
    Installed this am man i like this.. Giving it a test period before i run the pre+ full time. Currently have my Eris on and Pre running wifi. Great Job Guys
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm usually very cautious about overclocking, but the slow and unresponsiveness of webos (sometimes) really bothers me.
    i tried the 800mhz patch (why go halfway? lol) and so far it's been awesome. i got my pre pretty close to launch date, hopefully didn't get the bad chips.
    it's cutting the time it takes to load basic apps around 30-40%.
    websites load faster too.
    yes batteries drain faster (only noticeable when i actually do stuff), and that's expected, that's why i got 2 touchstones, in office and at home.

on the side note:
    the first time it reboots, the launcher was blank tho, i just restarted it again and it was fixed.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    good stuff. thanks you guys
    I was thinking about getting the nexus 1 but with this patch I will keep my pre for a looooooooooong time ...

this patch is amazing thank you I'm all in with palm and tha pre

I want to donate