Page 44 of 124 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 54 94 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    oo, I like that idea, lemme see what I can do. Maybe a warning banner popup at 45 degrees and a second at 50 degrees?
    How often do you think the system should check the current temperature (to see if it needs to send up the 45 or 50 warning banner? Every minute? Every 2 or 3 minutes? Every 5 minutes?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you sooo much my PRE is having a second life now !

Everyonbe please support they hard work and DONATE they deserve it !
    I would say either 5 to 10 min myself jason
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anybody wonder what Palm thinks of this awesome patch?
    How often do you think the system should check the current temperature (to see if it needs to send up the 45 or 50 warning banner? Every minute? Every 2 or 3 minutes? Every 5 minutes?
    Somethin' like that.

Definitely less than 5. But 3 might not be so bad?

The whole idea behind it is that you shouldn't even be experiencing those temps unless you're downloading/installing a few 3d games or a ton of apps. But if you do experience those temps from being in a cozy pocket... DANGER! NOW! DANGER! NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    And... not trying to be a party pooper or anything... but how is it possible to distribute a modified kernel without distributing source code as well?

EDIT: Scratch that. It appears that some do have it. So it's out there.
    Marco uploaded this just before the release:

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - overclocking/overclock-patch

I presume it applies against the Palm kernel source. I haven't verified that myself yet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    good news I braved an entire night with my phone on the touchstone... I picked up this morning and it was only running at 34 degrees
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Let that be an option the user can select.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoutawack View Post
    good news I braved an entire night with my phone on the touchstone... I picked up this morning and it was only running at 34 degrees
    Same here. I have the 720 patch (will upgrade today). After charging on the touchstone all night, my Pre was at 31 degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Let that be an option the user can select.
    Not really possible if I wanna piggy-back the patch on systemui. Could do separate patches. Still though, what interval check time would people prefer?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i have just installed the 800.

one thing that's weird, though. i can't get back into USB mode now. there are 47 pages, too many to read all of them tonight. has this happened to anyone else yet?
    i dont leave my phone on the touch stone after its reached 100% but getting up to that 100% charge i saw max temps of 41c
    I prefer 5 or 10 the phones not going to melt real quick and it cuts back on battery consumption right ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post

one thing that's weird, though. i can't get back into USB mode now. there are 47 pages, too many to read all of them tonight. has this happened to anyone else yet?
    yes don't leave phone plugged into computer while its rebooting it breaks novacom connection and you have to restart novacom or reboot computer.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  15. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    awesome, thank you!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Not really possible if I wanna piggy-back the patch on systemui. Could do separate patches. Still though, what interval check time would people prefer?
    Depends on how much battery drain occurs solely from the action of checking the battery. I'm going to say 5 minutes.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post

Don't worry. Probably your Pre reboot while it was still plugged in. This is a known issue with Novacom. Two solutions: (1) Reboot your Pre and then plug it into your computer again. (2) Reboot your computer and then plug the Pre back in.

This happened to me and a reboot of the Pre solved the problem.
    Followed below and it worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    For the guys who get the Error 5 message..........

I had to work through this between 5-6 this morning, back on pages 7-9. Though I thought I followed the instructions to the "t" I guess a slight mistake led me down the Error 5 path. So here is a quick breakdown of my hours of trying to figure it out:

1. Tried the 800MHz kernel, got Error 5.
    2. Installed the 720MHz kernel with no problems, and then took it off as per instructions on page one.
    3. In WOSQI->Tools->Linux Command Line
    A. enter command "ls -l /var/home/root" without the quotations (""). Those are lower case L's, not I's
    B. Got the following results:

C. That D at the beginning of the permissions for the 800, as was pointed out to me, means it was placed on my Pre as a directory, not a file like it should have been. Like I said, I thought I did it 100% right, but it didn't result in things being 100% right. Check if you have this.
    D. Since this was no good I deleted this directory. WOSQI->Tools->Delete File/Directory, you enter in the name of that directory "/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh" (again, without the "") and make sure you click the directory choice and hit delete.
    4. I started over with the instructions on page one and things went perfect and I have had the 800MHz kernel for 19 hours or so.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Depends on how much battery drain occurs solely from the action of checking the battery. I'm going to say 5 minutes.
    That is an excellent question. Jason, how much battery and CPU drain are we talking about between a 2 minute interval and a 5 minute interval? If it is going to slow down the Pre and drain the battery, then I vote for a 5 minute interval. If this is a non-issue, then I would go with a 3 minute interval.
    where and how do I check the temp???

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    i dont leave my phone on the touch stone after its reached 100% but getting up to that 100% charge i saw max temps of 41c