Page 40 of 124 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 50 90 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    oh my gosh! I love this!! I've been IMing people on facebook with the jabber plug in and wow! Switching between conversations is so much faster all while listening to music and checking facebook notifications on the full site! After an hour of use the temperature hasn't risen at all from 35 it does get a little hot (45) on thetouchstone but that's normal even without overclocking
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    Just installed the 720 patch on my Sprint Pre with the Amzer 2800Mah Battery.

In Soviet Russia, battery life drains you!
    I thought the CCCP was no more? It should be just Russia .
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Never got an answer for this.
    maybe you have alot of apps and stuff on your pre. I have 2 pres with the 800 mhz working. One is way faster then the other for some reason. The one with less apps and patches is the fastest, loading apps and starting up. might want to try fresh before adding the speed boost... doctor,full erase,loosing some unnessary apps,etc?
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    maybe you have alot of apps and stuff on your pre. I have 2 pres with the 800 mhz working. One is way faster then the other for some reason. The one with less apps and patches is the fastest, loading apps and starting up. might want to try fresh before adding the speed boost... doctor,full erase,loosing some unnessary apps,etc?
    I have 8 downloaded apps lol

And I'm not sure what stored apps would have to do with it.
    Plus the Webos Doctor was done after 1.4 was released.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    I'm getting an unable to open file error (error 5).

Any help on this.I have both hand typed the command and also cut and paste. Originally the file was blocked via windows, I unblocked it. I will reboot again and see if that wasn't the issue.
    Ok, not working....any ideas? gonna redownload using firefox but assuming it has nothing to do with Chrome (which does alter files from time to time) what am I doing wrong?
    Too bad this patch doesn't improve the start-up time for the phone. Holy PC-XT batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by eXPerience333 View Post
    it does nothing. I type the command, and it just... idk, it stares at me. Lol

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

this happens and nothing loads or changes. It just stays there. Doesnt say please wait, nothing -.-

but its ok i reinstalled 720 again. Ima try 800 later. Thank you very much!
    After you type in the command which ends in "install", make sure you hit ENTER on you keyboard! After a few seconds you should see the command list running in WOSQI. It will do a Luna Restart. After that you can click on CLOSE in WOQI, quit WOQI and disconnect the USB cable. You still have to do a full (device) restart.

Works like a charm - Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ty
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Ok, not working....any ideas? gonna redownload using firefox but assuming it has nothing to do with Chrome (which does alter files from time to time) what am I doing wrong?
    Chrome only allows Android patches

Firefox would be a better choice for now.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Awesome upgrade to an awesome phone. Noproblems here with the install. My son was watching me and asked why I wanted the phone to go faster. Then I showed him how fast the games open now. He of course asked to play a few.
    THANKS

edit:
    And I just noticed that the virtual keyboard loads much quicker also!!
    I just installed mine and it is great. Before I could only load up to 3 cards before it will slow down to a crawl ( not to mention the camera was always slow) but not anymore..................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHsome........
    OK Palm needs to show every Pre running on this patch. It feels like another update where there is no lag or anything close to it. No temp. problems at all. The launcher has no lag it is quite outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Too bad this patch doesn't improve the start-up time for the phone. Holy PC-XT batman.
    Startup time does improve, but not as much as we'd like.

There's alot of stuff loading up during boot... all I gotta say is Java.

if webOS was a XIP type environment then maybe boot time would be instantaneous.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Check battery monitor actual temp. If you are 50 or under, I have done that for over 5 h without a hiccup, if that helps
    I appreciate your replying. What do you mean by actual temp? The temps I gave are the ones showing in Battery Monitor. It just says temp. There is only one. Are you using a different app?

It hit 50 pretty quick and I was afraid it would go higher. If it stayed at 50 am I ok? If it goes above 50 am I okay if I put it in airplane mode and cool it down? But even then if it heats that quickly and I have ot alway stop using it an dput it in airplane mode it is not too useful.

There have been many posts since my last one, but only one other person mentioned this problem. Is everyone else not having this issue? I will be so bummed if I have to remove this.

Still hoping for more comments that might help me.

Also - I see posts about CPU Scaler - is that safe to use ad how do I install it? At least then I could slow the CPU when it gets hot.
    is anyone else having issues with terminal? It is locking up everytime I try to run it. Is this 1.4? Or could it be the 800mhz?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I wish I could install this and check out the goodness but WOSQI no longer works for me now that I am on Windows 7.
    I'm running the upgrades on Windows 7 Pro x64. If the problem is that you need the 64bit version of Novacom, you can find it here:

.../webOSDoctor/resources/NovacomInstaller_x64.msi

I don't remember, but I think you get that file structure by using an unzip program on webOSDoctor.jar. NEVER run webOSDoctor standalone ! thorne
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    amazing just amazing. 800 on my pre and works so well. Not all apps open up as quick as the vid but maybe with time. But some open up just quick, and scrolling is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I appreciate your replying. What do you mean by actual temp? The temps I gave are the ones showing in Battery Monitor. It just says temp. There is only one. Are you using a different app?

It hit 50 pretty quick and I was afraid it would go higher. If it stayed at 50 am I ok? If it goes above 50 am I okay if I put it in airplane mode and cool it down? But even then if it heats that quickly and I have ot alway stop using it an dput it in airplane mode it is not too useful.

There have been many posts since my last one, but only one other person mentioned this problem. Is everyone else not having this issue? I will be so bummed if I have to remove this.

Still hoping for more comments that might help me.

Also - I see posts about CPU Scaler - is that safe to use ad how do I install it? At least then I could slow the CPU when it gets hot.
    If the CPU is getting hot then its doing something in the background or the install got hosed.

get to a CLI and run "ps -ef" and paste.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I have 8 downloaded apps lol

And I'm not sure what stored apps would have to do with it.
    Plus the Webos Doctor was done after 1.4 was released.
    haha nm about the apps then. maybe its the number of patches you have installed, number of email accounts, full media or whatevers. webos doctor isn't as effective as it one was back in the day clearing out stuff in the usb storage. a full erase helps too or maybe running the repair utility. What i know is that starting from scratch helped me in the past if my pre started to lag noticeably.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    is anyone else having issues with terminal? It is locking up everytime I try to run it. Is this 1.4? Or could it be the 800mhz?
    known problem with 1.4
    Live free or DIE!