Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 47 87 ... LastLast
    Ok, I finally managed to install the patch maybe 10 mins ago or so.. And to tell you truth, I don't see any difference, except maybe little faster.. There are still minor lags when switching to different page or something like that..

I'm thinking that maybe I should try and reinstall it; would it not like double the patch or anything like that?

Edit: of course first, I'm still going to give it some time and keep testing it around..
    @eXperience333 -----are you makeing sure your typing it correctly it is case sensitive you know right ? if your typing it correctly then you need to send file again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by bmx123 View Post
    i recently tried to download the 800mhz speed thing, and while downloading it to my phone via web os quick install, i neglected to see that i had previously put it in usb mode. so i canceled the operation and redid it while my phone was in just charge. After this my computer would fail to recognize my phone, my phone would not display the options just charge or usb drive. i have the battery percent app, so the percentage is blue, signifying that the phone is charging, but the battery is not charging while connected to the computer. I used the wall charger with my phone and it charged just find. Is there a solution to my problem?
    I seem to be having the same issue
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just installed the 800Mhz patch and all I can say is: Great work guys!! I tweeted @palm and @webosdev to make sure they take note. This little bit of extra snappiness sure makes a difference. The real test will be at work tomorrow browsing the web or Twitter while streaming internet radio over bluetooth. Normally this is very laggy..

Thanks again!
    37-41
    Babnkr try rebooting the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @eXperience333 -----are you makeing sure your typing it correctly it is case sensitive you know right ? if your typing it correctly then you need to send file again
    hey man, thanks to all three that answered my problem, and i tried it and it... knda worked. Not. Now i get an error:

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS1.4.sh install
    sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS1.4.sh
    root@palm-webos-device:

and the .sh IS on the /var/home/root/ , i sent it there and it said succesfully sent
    btw - this is awesome I LOVE MY PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    I seem to be having the same issue
    just reboot your computer when ever this happens ok novacom does this sometimes , and if the reboot computer does not work reboot phone too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    first night of use and temps holding steady below 30 (29-27). performance: absolutely unfrickinbelievable.

I know many of you guys must have built your own rigs in the past and overclocked components but believe me, to me this looks like pure black magic.

on the one hand, should novices like me be copying and pasting linux commands blindly like this? on the other hand, I feel like unfrozen caveman lawyer seeing people in flying tubes for the first time. really really amazing.
    I just watched the YouTube video on the frontpage (not sure if it's the same video posted on the OP) and the instructions look dead easy. I assume since the video was created by the authors of this tweak, it's not missing any steps.

I have a few questions:

1- Sadly, this doesn't appear to address the "Too Many Cards" issue (I'm not complaining, trust me! This tweak is a Godsend!), correct?

b- The Pre should not have any tweaks/patches/themes installed?

III- Has anyone figured it out the optimum operating temperature of this chip?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eXPerience333 View Post
    hey man, thanks to all three that answered my problem, and i tried it and it... knda worked. Not. Now i get an error:

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS1.4.sh install
    sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS1.4.sh
    root@palm-webos-device:

and the .sh IS on the /var/home/root/ , i sent it there and it said succesfully sent
    try this..
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

no . between the 1 and 4
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    First impressions are - generally faster - will have a better idea over time. Not particularly overwhelming, but did a speed test launching some apps in similar circumstances with a friends stock pre and it did launch things faster by a second or two. Definitely draining the battery faster as a result though. I would say 20% faster which seems about right.

Thanks for putting this out there. I'm a huge fan of mucking with gadgets, so this is all gravy for me.
    I installed the patch exactly as described. The speed was dramatically faster, much like the video. Two things happened that forced me to uninstall the patch. First I noticed that the battery was draining at an incredible rate. Under normal, same as usual use, the battery drained over 20% in just 30 minutes.
    The main reason I uninstalled was that after a few minutes of use, the home button began to blink and eventually just stayed on. I didn't have any messages or e-mails and I have that feature turned off anyway, as I have no real use for it.
    I tried rebooting the phone and about 1 minute of use the button lit up again.
    I uninstalled the patch as described. All went back to normal.
    Anybody else experience the light deal?
    (it was fast as hell though!)
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    try this..
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

no . between the 1 and 4
    i wrote that and it did nothing -.- this is so annoying. I might have to get along with the 720 one... that one actually worked, but i wanted the full 800
    Just ran a speed test against my buddy and his Moto Droid loading a youtube video and browsing through web pages.

Loading web pages the Droid still edged me out a little. But the youtube app was AMAZINGLY fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    my question for everyone is how is your battery life now? After installing the 720patch my battery life blows. It's around 12% on idle. Before this patch I was around 4% does it take some time to see it level out?
    I had a similar experience for the first few hours but then it leveled off to a reasonable battery usage amount (subjective) for me. I think after a few days, things should improve for you. It did for me with the 600 patch
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    This has been really awesome. I would like to see a nice prewared 500-800mhz scaling patch(hopefully allowing for a seamless upgraded to 1.4.1).

Now I see no reason to lust after a Nexus One(especially after finding out that the display resolution is actually pretty close to 480x320 due to the way their AMOLED is set up). I just wish I had the ram of the Pre Plus, then it would be perfect.
    4 apps running including Pandora for about 25 minutes now. Temp is still aroung 30
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eXPerience333 View Post
    i wrote that and it did nothing -.- this is so annoying. I might have to get along with the 720 one... that one actually worked, but i wanted the full 800
    if you run the speed check from the first page, what does it say?

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq