Page 35 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
    hello all, as u can see I'm a newb to posting on the site, i was kind of hanging in the shadows enjoying all the home brew and news this site delivers. Anyway I'm loving the speedboost to my Pre it feels like a whole new device.

Only ?problem? I've found so far is sites I used to be able to view video on (funnyordie.com) with links are semi loading then just quitting and no switch to the video player

if it helps I'm using:
    Palm Pre (sprint)
    800Mhz kernel
    I need to reboot PC, but after applying patch, can't get device to connect via USB/bring up media/USB/just charge options. It does appear to be charging, however....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    what do u mean by the title in phone? If you re asking for send file: 800MHzOS14.sh and then /var/home/root

After the file transfer was successful, I went to linux commandline and then copy n paste: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

Is this what you are asking for?
    yes try it again but instead of copy and paste type it in by hand , sometimes a space in the paste can mess up an install when you copy and paste . this may fix you up i hope . if not send a message to unixpsycho or caj2008 one of them would be better at helping you with this ok!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi guys!

First, congratulations!

Second, I have one question of confusion after reading the first page of instructions. I'm am mentioning this because I really think it needs to be spelled out better (unless I missed it).

Please state if these kernal upgrades (notice I'm noot saying patches because I understand how different this is from a regular patch) are for the Pre Plus or the original Sprint Pre's.

I personally believe that they are for the Pre Plus and not the original Pre's.

I believe that you are coming out with a kernal for the original Pre's in a few days.

I'm concerned because not everyone understands the differences in the two models.

So that is why I'm ask for the instructions to state more clearly which kernal patch is for which model?

Thank you!
    Rob

It for either Pre the only difference in PRe's is the amount of memory. ! I have a sprint Palm pre and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Sorry to repost this...

I tried to read as many of the pages as possible so hopefully this wasn't covered already. My Pre had problems running the 600 MHz patch. Since that was using the old kernel, do you think it would be safe for me to try 720 MHz since this is a new kernel? Thanks for all your hard work.
    you should be ok sir these patches are better than the previous patches !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hi guys!

First, congratulations!

Second, I have one question of confusion after reading the first page of instructions. I'm am mentioning this because I really think it needs to be spelled out better (unless I missed it).

Please state if these kernal upgrades (notice I'm noot saying patches because I understand how different this is from a regular patch) are for the Pre Plus or the original Sprint Pre's.

I believe that you are coming out with a kernal for the original Pre's in a few days.

I'm concerned because not everyone understands the differences in the two models.

So that is why I'm ask for the instructions to state more clearly which kernal patch is for which model?

Thank you!

Rob
    the kernels patches are for ALL PRE'S running 1.4 on them . there are three different speeds you can load , 600,720,or 800 . its your choice!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη

The custom kernels were designed for the Pre, and was thoroughly tested. Coincidentally, recent users have been able to confirm it works fine on Pre Plus devices too
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I see, at least I have insurance..
    Been wondering about insurance and if the phone fails. I am sure we would still get a replacement pre and they would take our old one and not even know we modded the kernel.
    Hi guys!

First, congratulations!

Thank you!

Rob
    I'm running the original Palm Pre and having excellent results.
    So as far as the 720 and 800, they both work with Palm Pre
    As for the Plus, I wouldn't know.
    I'm sure it works just as fine.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    6 hours and loving it... no issues... dont know how i ever got by without this....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes try it again but instead of copy and paste type it in by hand , sometimes a space in the paste can mess up an install when you copy and paste . this may fix you up i hope . if not send a message to unixpsycho or caj2008 one of them would be better at helping you with this ok!
    It worked! Finally, thanks dude! I just restarted my phone
    I'm sorry have I been mistaken, I thought the original Pre could not go faster than 600 Mhz?

I have been assuming that the 800 kernal patches were for the Pre Plus ONLY! Since, that has a slightly faster processor?

Have I been wrong, if I have that I absolutely will try the 800 Mhz kernal patch!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm sorry have I been mistaken, I thought the original Pre could not go faster than 600 Mhz?

I have been assuming that the 800 kernal patches were for the Pre Plus ONLY! Since, that has a slightly faster processor?

Have I been wrong, if I have that I absolutely will try the 800 Mhz kernal patch!
    Yes, it will work on both Pre's.... fire it up and enjoy
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    works great... awesome job guys... thanks so much
    Working great! Maybe I missed it...where's a good speed test for the CPU to confirm settings? It feels much faster so I can only imagine it worked, I opted for the 720 patch.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    WOW!!!

So far so GREAT! This actually doesn't seem to run down my battery as fast as when I had the 600 patch on it, and I would say maybe at least as good if not better than when I didn't have my Pre overclocked at all.

I'll play with it more and see how it goes, so I have more time to see how it goes stability and power consumption/heat wise!

BIG THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It worked! Finally, thanks dude! I just restarted my phone
    your welcome and hitting the thanks button for me is thanks enough lol have fun!!

what are you waiting for pump the phone up with some preriods !!!! hehehe
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    omg this is fast!!! everything is just so responsive!! thank You!
    Installed and running fine. I noticed there's no more lag on deleting emails, even if the emails are still downloading. Very nice indeed! I will let it settle overnight and then use it with pandora and my moto s9hd tomorrow and report any issues. Thanks again!!!

Also, what are optimum operating temps? Does anyone know where the danger point is?
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    mount -o remount,ro /

reboot
    Thanks soooooo much!!!