Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Of course lol
    Sorry... had to ask.

Other basics checked as well? Dev mode? Script successfully copied to /var/home/root/ (did you forget the tailing "/")?

It's missing from the sticky...
    i recently tried to download the 800mhz speed thing, and while downloading it to my phone via web os quick install, i neglected to see that i had previously put it in usb mode. so i canceled the operation and redid it while my phone was in just charge. After this my computer would fail to recognize my phone, my phone would not display the options just charge or usb drive. i have the battery percent app, so the percentage is blue, signifying that the phone is charging, but the battery is not charging while connected to the computer. I used the wall charger with my phone and it charged just find. Is there a solution to my problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Type:

ls /var/home/root

and see if you see the 800mhz file name.
    i just did this and it shows all the files i have sent there lol the luna 600 the 800 and the 720 are all there lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    People's Republic of Cambridge

Used to spend a lot of time there, now, with kids, not so much. I used to drink at the Bow & Arrow (now closed) in Harvard Sq.

Did you decide on that donate button yet?
    Installed and worked like a charm....my phone when rebooting actually had to have the battery pulled out....but it booted up fine and checked the speed settings and it worked great. Can definitely see the difference when you open up the application, close it, and reopen the application. Install was a breeze
    holly crap guys...great job on this one! it's like a brand new phone! imagine WebOS on a SnapDragon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @GirdIron

try sending it again you may have sent it to the wrong place lol . just try to send it again and then do the install script again ok
    Just did it again.. I followed the exact instruction.. went to send file; found the 800mhz file then copy n pasted "/var/home/root" and then the transfer was successful.. But the linux command still wldn't work..
    works good so far ( first time i thought it ****ed up my pre because my computer would charge the pre but i didnt get the popup options on the phone). Well after I was about to doctor it (it being webos doctor) started to install the drivers and everything has been good since then.

Much faster. Love it. Will give a better review later after I have had some time to play with it some more.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    thank you bezoris
    copy and paste the title in phone in here and the command line you put into the linux command lind window theres something messed up between them !? there has to be
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thanks for the killer patch! Can I still run Jason's WebOSRepairUtility?

Is the trailing "/" important? The sticky says: /var/home/root

I installed it without the trailing "/" and it shows that it's installed...
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    check spreadshseet data in my signature thread-OS1.40 alpha test results
    sorry, can someone give me the link to this? downloaded a spreadsheet from the first page of this thread but it was the blank one

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Thanks for the killer patch! Can I still run Jason's WebOSRepairUtility?

Is the trailing "/" important? The sticky says: /var/home/root

I installed it without the trailing "/" and it shows that it's installed...
    dont use the quotes and yes you should be able to run repair utility but dont use it with the override compatibility checked or it will mess you up im sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post
    I need help I had ran the following script on my pre to run it at 600mhz:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr

How do I remove it now!???
    Has anyone answered this I've looked and have not seen anything.
    Sorry to repost this...

I tried to read as many of the pages as possible so hopefully this wasn't covered already. My Pre had problems running the 600 MHz patch. Since that was using the old kernel, do you think it would be safe for me to try 720 MHz since this is a new kernel? Thanks for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Has anyone answered this I've looked and have not seen anything.
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    mount -o remount,ro /

reboot
    Live free or DIE!
    Wow!

Easy install, and what a difference! Now if only I had the extra RAM of a Pre Plus, then I'm sure I'd really be flying! haha

Great work, guys.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I was always one of the people to be against overclocking whether on a PC or any device but man this 800Mhz patch was SOOOOO worth it! My Palm Pre is so dang more responsive now and even a demanding game like Need for Speed starts and runs much much quicker.

Love how I can flick through my photos in photo app now too without them bouncing on me like they used to! This is how Palm should have shipped this in the first place!

I also did some minor testing... Playing Need for Speed for 5 minutes or so did almost nothing to the temperature. BatteryMonitor is reporting 25C. Totally amazing! Thanks to everyone who contributed to this patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    copy and paste the title in phone in here and the command line you put into the linux command lind window theres something messed up between them !? there has to be
    what do u mean by the title in phone? If you re asking for send file: 800MHzOS14.sh and then /var/home/root

After the file transfer was successful, I went to linux commandline and then copy n paste: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install

Is this what you are asking for?
    Hi guys!

First, congratulations!

Second, I have one question of confusion after reading the first page of instructions. I'm am mentioning this because I really think it needs to be spelled out better (unless I missed it).

Please state if these kernal upgrades (notice I'm noot saying patches because I understand how different this is from a regular patch) are for the Pre Plus or the original Sprint Pre's.

I personally believe that they are for the Pre Plus and not the original Pre's.

I believe that you are coming out with a kernal for the original Pre's in a few days.

I'm concerned because not everyone understands the differences in the two models.

So that is why I'm ask for the instructions to state more clearly which kernal patch is for which model?

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)