Page 33 of 124 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 43 83 ... LastLast
    someone needs to do a video of pre on steroids compared to the iphone 3g
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks so much. I know I lived without the speed before, but not sure if I'm going to be able to live without it...if that ever becomes necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    Did you remove the quotes?
    Of course lol
    Three words: Ho Lee Crap!!! It's like getting a new phone!
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    please tell me how to view the patch is installed????
    My tempertures where high, and battery drain was quick when i first installed it. Stopped using it, went to sleep, now the heat, and battery is fine, and the speed is still fast...

Great job guys... To bad the phone can't do above 800mhz (well it can, but it makes no difference..) I'm really excited to see how this does with a dual core 1.5ghz cpu.. (the chip is being released later this year by the people who brought you the snapdragon.) It (the makes of the pre's cpu) are introducing dual core 1.ghz capable of powering 2 400x800 screens, and a 1080p screen all at the same time. I'm really excited in seeing what will be done to take advantage of that.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkins2202 View Post
    how can i verify if the patch is installed beside the sheer speed?
    This information is also in the OP.

Using WOSQI, Commandline, type: cat /proc/cpuinfo

It may take a bit to process, but wait, and your stats will pop up.
    Works great, thanks!
    could someone please test with sprint nav and let me know how fast the battery drains and phone temp?

similarly, if someone has tested already with music remix let me know (i'll also test this one myself and give back a report)

many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I need some help - I'm stuck on step #7.. I went to linux command line and then copy n paste "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" but then it says "sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh"? I have tried "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh", as well but still nothing?
    Anybody?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Anybody?
    You did save the 800 MHz file on the first page then send it to your phone using QI Tools/send file, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    You did save the 800 MHz file on the first page then send it to your phone using QI Tools/send file, right?
    Yes
    Oh my, my...this is nice. I have the 2600 seido battery and that extra power added some speed (prprpr $not$) $but$ $this$ $800$ $MHz$ $patch$ $is$ $the$ $bomb$.
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    http://www.precentral.net/:
    Also, exactly what do they mean by "warranty-voiding action"?
    It means that your Palm warranty is null and void if your phone is killed by using this patch. Hence the warnings all over the first post.
    @GridIron 21 did you remove the------>>>> " " <<<<---- quotes ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @GridIron 21 did you remove the------>>>> " " <<<<---- quotes ???
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    It means that your Palm warranty is null and void if your phone is killed by using this patch. Hence the warnings all over the first post.

I see, at least I have insurance..
    @GirdIron

try sending it again you may have sent it to the wrong place lol . just try to send it again and then do the install script again ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Yes
    Maybe someone else can help. I don't know much about this stuff... maybe if you can check the folder where the file's at on your phone and check the 800MHz file size.... just guessing but maybe it's not all there... I saw someone before that had a problem like that... don't remember what they symptoms were though....
    Yes
    Type:

ls /var/home/root

and see if you see the 800mhz file name.