Page 32 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 2468
  1. bezoris's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Have there been any noted problems yet? I wanted to wait 24 hours before trying, just to see.
    There don't appear to be any obvious issues cropping up at this point. Bear in mind that there's been a fair amount of testing pre-release as well. I think that if anything dramatic was going to develop it would have already done so.

    For what it's worth, some people with previous cpu patches have reported some install snags, but nothing too serious.

    I'd back up your stuff, grab the Battery Monitor app and go for it. The 500>800mhz install went off without a hitch for me... Just be sure to do the hardware reset (power off) after the Luna restart that the patch intiates (this ensures that the kernel fully reboots).
    Last edited by bezoris; 03/25/2010 at 08:50 PM.
  2. #622  
    I tried to read as many of the pages as possible so hopefully this wasn't covered already. My Pre had problems running the 600 MHz patch. Since that was using the old kernel, do you think it would be safe for me to try 720 MHz since this is a new kernel? Thanks for all your hard work.
  3. poozo's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #623  
    all is running well, but as ive seen a few people post. when i plug my phone into my computer, i no longer get charge or usb options
  4. #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    all is running well, but as ive seen a few people post. when i plug my phone into my computer, i no longer get charge or usb options
    Did you restart both your phone and your computer.
    And make sure phone is not plugged in while doing so?>
  5. #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    all is running well, but as ive seen a few people post. when i plug my phone into my computer, i no longer get charge or usb options

    restart ur computer
  6. #626  
    my question for everyone is how is your battery life now? After installing the 720patch my battery life blows. It's around 12% on idle. Before this patch I was around 4% does it take some time to see it level out?
    - Skinneejay -
  7. #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    There don't appear to be any obvious issues cropping up at this point. Bear in mind that there's been a fair amount of testing pre-release as well. I think that if anything dramatic was going to develop it would have already done so.

    For what it's worth, some people with previous cpu patches have reported some install snags, but nothin too serious.

    I'd back up your stuff, grab the Battery Monitor app and go for it.
    I just doctored yesterday, so all I had to do was make sure the Smartreflex patch was gone. I'm a big fan of the battery monitor app, so I'll be running it tomorrow to see how the life is impacted.

    Can't blame me for double checking though. I installed and all was well. Can't wait to try this out.
  8. #628  
    Sure does get hot when tethering with 800 MHz patch...I still love it though! I'm sure webOS will have new hardware by the time this thing dies!
  9. #629  
    idk it doesn't want to work for me after i typed everything in my computer just stopped and didn't do anything to the phone
  10. #630  
    I've been tethering all day, it's been fine. However, as soon as I launched Dropbox about 30 an hour ago...uploading non-stop for 30 minutes, it got really hot...I unplugged, put in airplane mode for it to cool. Thanks Caj
  11. garsim's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #631  
    few hours ago i put the new kernel with 720mhz and it's incredible...wow!!! My Pre nw is very very fast
    thank you

    tomorrow i hope to publish my battery test.

    (i have a single system freeze after applied the patch, probably after one hour)
  12. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    At 2:31 (AZ time) this morning which is about 3.5 hours after I installed the 720 patch my phone locked while sitting on the touchstone.

    I do not know if anything happened to cause this. Maybe even the touchstone could have gotten it too hot.
    I read this entire thread, and although I'm excited for the speed increase (I'm running stock right now) I'm concerned about the temperature increase I'm reading about when connected to the Touchstone. I leave mine connected everynight while I sleep.

    Should I be concerned?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  13. bezoris's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    I just doctored yesterday, so all I had to do was make sure the Smartreflex patch was gone. I'm a big fan of the battery monitor app, so I'll be running it tomorrow to see how the life is impacted.

    Can't blame me for double checking though. I installed and all was well. Can't wait to try this out.
    I hope it's a smooth transition! I've realised awesome speed increases across the board...

    Kudos to the developers, though that's a grossly insufficient accolade. This is now the device that, had it dropped on release, would indeed have killed the iPhone.
  14. #634  
    Well, after an hour, normal battery drop, barely any when idle. I like it.
  15. #635  
    I wanted to add that I reached 3.48 Mbps with sprint on speedtest.net in Sacramento today...most I got before was 2.2 on Sprint, and 2 on At&t.
  16. #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I read this entire thread, and although I'm excited for the speed increase (I'm running stock right now) I'm concerned about the temperature increase I'm reading about when connected to the Touchstone. I leave mine connected everynight while I sleep.

    Should I be concerned?
    I just had mine on the touchstone for 2 hours it was at 30% battery to 100% and it never got about 37c.. !
  17. #637  
    all i can say...excellent work. working FANTASTIC...way, way, way faster and more responsive w/ the 800MHz deal. Just showing the potential of this device...now if only Palm would get off their ***** and realize the same. GREAT WORK TEAM!
  18. #638  
    I need some help - I'm stuck on step #7.. I went to linux command line and then copy n paste "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" but then it says "sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh"? I have tried "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh", as well but still nothing?
  19. Hawk2202's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #639  
    how can i verify if the patch is installed beside the sheer speed?
  20. bezoris's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I need some help - I'm stuck on step #7.. I went to linux command line and then copy n paste "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install" but then it says "sh: can't open /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh"? I have tried "sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh", as well but still nothing?
    Did you remove the quotes?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions