Page 31 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    If you have the battery monitory app.
    Go up to the menu at the top and select detailed battery info.!
    sorry for the stupid question, where do you get the app? Preware? webosQI?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Welcome fellow Bostonian .
    Don't want to sway the conversation, but where are you?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have to chime in, though only to repeat what's already been said... This is far and away the best single patch delivered to platform. The speed increase is fantastic going to 800 fom 500mhz; the increase in overall OS responsiveness is great.

Temp control seems fine as well. I've gone as high as 39c with a few apps open (browser, netflix, what's for dinner, etc), but after popping the slider and leaving things alone for a while temps dropped down to the mid-20s in about 10 minutes.

Another happy user. You've breathed new life in to my Pre. Many thanks guys.
    Question, when I type in the commands to check my speed, it says it isn't found... why?
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    sorry! noob here... how do I find the temperature?
    download the battery app.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    Question, when I type in the commands to check my speed, it says it isn't found... why?
    What command did you try? Did you cut and paste?
    800mhz patch is working fine for me... Temperature climbed up to 48C on touchstone with Trapster and Music Player Remix running. no meltdown though.
    I can't compare to my Pre without patch as I did not check before applying it. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    download the battery app.
    found the app...thx... running at 34 degrees...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    What command did you try? Did you cut and paste?
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

wouldn't cut and paste...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    What did you type the command into? WOSQI?
    yep
    "The Pre is nice..."
    I got it, i had to put a space behind cat....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just installed this about an hour ago. Phone runs super fast now. Had 8 apps open at once with no lag or slowdown (in fact, it ran faster OC'ed with 8 apps open than stock with 1 app open).

My hat off to you sir!
    Have there been any noted problems yet? I wanted to wait 24 hours before trying, just to see.
    Aaron, no one made you install this, and after more than 650 posts with probably 400+ installs, you are the first to post this so maybe you did somethign wrong. I for one think this is the full on SHIZZLE!! Holy cow, everything I have opened and use works fater, is snappier, and is amazingly faster. Frankly, I was not expecting much of a speed increase, but I am very happily surprized!
  16. j._
    800MHz running great.. going to do a few friends phones.. they are jealous.

I just used wget to grab the 800MHz file straight from Terminus on the phone itself. Ran without a hitch.

Man.. the browser is so much faster.. Everything is.. but really the browser render speed is incredible.
    Now I have to think of what I am going to do with all the extra time in my life that I just gained!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Don't want to sway the conversation, but where are you?
    People's Republic of Cambridge
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    Phone offline. I have NO connection to the network now.

THANKS
    Lmao

1) Release patch to public making the pre do something it was never designed to do
    2) Place warning all around post stating that your pre isn't supposed to go this fast and might do damage
    3) Get newbie who doesn't know how to doctor phone and barely understands what is going on to install said patch
    4) Watch him get mad as hell when something goes wrong
    5)...
    6) Profit!
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    http://www.precentral.net/:

So what's the downside? Well, it's a generally accepted fact that overclocking will cut down the life of your device by some amount. There's no real long term testing, so exact figures are a mystery. There could also be some warranty-voiding action in your future.
    I know there's no exact timeline but at least, is there someone who could come up with a number? I just want to be sure that it wouldn't cut down dramatically.. Also, exactly what do they mean by "warranty-voiding action"?